PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be a father!!!

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
It looks like Ashley and I are going to be adopting our very own puppy in the next few days!!! :D:D:D

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1148/calvin2ri4.jpg

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9777/calvin1yi9.jpg

BuffyMars
03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Awwwwwww what a cutie! Congrats! :D

44INAROW
03-29-2007, 11:22 AM
omg - :eek: :eek: OK, now that my heart rate is back to normal............... enjoy

kaorder1999
good luck...we went throguht he adoption process just to get rejected. On the application we put that the LAB we were adopting would be an inside-outside dog. It was a trick. THey told me that the dog we were trying to adopt should be outside to potty only. They said there was no such thing as an outside dog. Unbelieveable!

piratebg
Congrats

May you first child be a masculine child.

kaorder1999
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
i told them i would just leave him outside on good weather days and they looked at me like I was breaking the law or something.

BuffyMars
03-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i told them i would just leave him outside on good weather days and they looked at me like I was breaking the law or something.

Wow! That is rediculous! Its not that hard to adopt here in East Texas. Sounds like those are crazy folks!

Terry thats just crazy talk!

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2007, 11:26 AM
good luck...we went throguht he adoption process just to get rejected. On the application we put that the LAB we were adopting would be an inside-outside dog. It was a trick. THey told me that the dog we were trying to adopt should be outside to potty only. They said there was no such thing as an outside dog. Unbelieveable!

WHAT!!!!! I am sorry but that is STUPID

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Wow! That is rediculous! Its not that hard to adopt here in East Texas. Sounds like those are crazy folks!

Terry thats just crazy talk!

You aint kidding Kramer

big daddy russ
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Dang, that is insane! So they'd rather put the dog to sleep than let it be an outside dog (which it would be if it was in the wild)? The stupidity and rationale of some people never ceases to amaze me.

My mom does a lot of volunteer work with the animal hospital back in Ingleside. It's not nearly as hard to adopt a pet down there.

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Fortunately...she's getting the dog from a friend in law school who adopted him a few months ago...but has to give it up as the place he's moving to in May (after he graduates to) won't allow him to have a pet. So we're the lucky ones. RMAC is gonna be mad...he's been wanting a dog at home for so long.

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
omg - :eek: :eek: OK, now that my heart rate is back to normal............... enjoy

:evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

RMAC
03-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Fortunately...she's getting the dog from a friend in law school who adopted him a few months ago...but has to give it up as the place he's moving to in May (after he graduates to) won't allow him to have a pet. So we're the lucky ones. RMAC is gonna be mad...he's been wanting a dog at home for so long.

We're gonna get a snake for the apt. next year and name him Lawrence. . . That or what I personally want to do, there's about 80 cats outside Brady's dorm, I want to catch one of them and name it Koby.

RMAC
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
We're gonna get a snake for the apt. next year and name him Lawrence. . . That or what I personally want to do, because there's about 80 cats outside Brady's dorm, I want to catch one of them and name it Koby.

I don't know what I did here.

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
We're gonna get a snake for the apt. next year and name him Lawrence. . . That or what I personally want to do, there's about 80 cats outside Brady's dorm, I want to catch one of them and name it Koby.
You get a snake and your mom and older brother will never come visit you...just know that ;)

pirate44
03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
It looks like Ashley and I are going to be adopting our very own puppy in the next few days!!! :D:D:D

CONGRATULATIONS:clap:
she looks just like you:p :D

AP Panther Fan
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9777/calvin1yi9.jpg

Congratulations...cute puppy! :D

It looks like he might be thinking "hey you, look at me....yeah you....see my empty dish... why are you taking that picture instead of feeding me?":D

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congratulations...cute puppy! :D

It looks like he might be thinking "hey you, look at me....yeah you....see my empty dish... why are you taking that picture instead of feeding me?":D
hehe...we don't have him yet. She's going by tmrw to see him/get him. Then there will be plenty of pictures! :)

Phil C
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwww - cute!!! Is he potty trained? Wait a sec.....how is this gonna work? Doesn't she live in Lubbock?? Who is moving?

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
awwwwwwwwwwwww - cute!!! Is he potty trained? Wait a sec.....how is this gonna work? Doesn't she live in Lubbock?? Who is moving?

Visitation maybe??

Weekend visits??

Poor thing, gets adopted and she's from a broken family before she even gets picked up from the orphanage!

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Visitation maybe??

Weekend visits??

Poor thing, gets adopted and she's from a broken family before she even gets picked up from the orphanage!

that's terrible!!!! oh, the shame!

bhtrainer
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
i wanna guinea pig and name him luke duke! lol

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

She's (Ashley) back here with him (the dog's name is Calvin) after May 10th once school is over ;)

Blastoderm55
03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Say goodbye to your social life. Ever since my fiancee and I got a dog, we've had a lot of trouble just leaving our little bugger at home alone, so we just end up staying in. :( Its all good though. The pooch will bring you guys closer together so congrats! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Say goodbye to your social life. Ever since my fiancee and I got a dog, we've had a lot of trouble just leaving our little bugger at home alone, so we just end up staying in. :( Its all good though. The pooch will bring you guys closer together so congrats! :thumbsup:

Isn't that pathetic??

My husband and I have 2 dogs (brothers) that are about a year old. We used to take them to my brother and sister-in-laws all the time when they were younger. They (bro and sis) now have a cocker spanial who doesn't like my puppies, so we can't take them anymore.

We find ourselves not going over there as much because we hate to leave "the boys" at home!!:p

Blastoderm55
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Isn't that pathetic??

Not the word I'd use but I agree. :p

CHS_CG
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Isn't that pathetic??

My husband and I have 2 dogs (brothers) that are about a year old. We used to take them to my brother and sister-in-laws all the time when they were younger. They (bro and sis) now have a cocker spanial who doesn't like my puppies, so we can't take them anymore.

We find ourselves not going over there as much because we hate to leave "the boys" at home!!:p

I FIGURED IT OUT.... Sadie(my puppy i just got taylor) looks like fat boy! I knew she looked like a dog i had seen b4 and it just so happens she looks like bubba joe lol

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I FIGURED IT OUT.... Sadie(my puppy i just got taylor) looks like fat boy! I knew she looked like a dog i had seen b4 and it just so happens she looks like bubba joe lol

AWWWW!!!!

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Isn't that pathetic??

Agreed! I have been debating all week about what to do with my dogs when I go out West. :thinking: A part of me wants to take them with me because I don't think anyone will care for them in the fashion they have become accustomed to. (SPOILED BRATS!)

Another part of me wants to leave them anyway because, "hey, they are just dogs." But I know I won't be able to really enjoy myself if I'm constantly worried about how they are doing. We'll be gone for 4 nights/5 days.

The other crappy part is if I do bring them with me they will have to sleep outside :( because my cousin's husband won't allow dogs in his house. My dogs have been there before, but it just sucks to hear them crying to get in the house.

Talk about pathetic!!!! :D :rolleyes: :D

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
2nd picture added at the top...

BuffyMars
03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Isn't that pathetic??

We have 6 "kids" and we have to plan vacations around them. Spoiled little buggers! :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
We have 6 "kids" and we have to plan vacations around them. Spoiled little buggers! :rolleyes:

When we went to the State Track Meet last year, we left our babies with my brother and sis-in-law. Now, because of the mean cocker spanial, we can't even do that anymore.

We have actually talked about buying an RV so we can just take them with us when we go somewhere.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!:p :D :p

VWG
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
When I first read the title I was thinking.... dang, he got one past the goalie!

STANG RED
03-29-2007, 10:53 PM
When we went to the State Track Meet last year, we left our babies with my brother and sis-in-law. Now, because of the mean cocker spanial, we can't even do that anymore.

We have actually talked about buying an RV so we can just take them with us when we go somewhere.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!:p :D :p

I just happen to have a great 33' travel trailer for sale. It's only 2 years old, and good as new.:D
Now that I'm back in Sweetwater for good, I just dont need it anymore. Served me well when I needed it though.
Oh, and it even has a doggy door in it already.