PDA

View Full Version : Top RB's Next Season

ThaRealBulldog
03-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Who are some of the best running backs for next season? I know Carthage has a good one coming back 16 3a offensive mvp Jamon Edwards 5'10 185 4.5.

Jimbotex40
03-02-2003, 09:34 PM
baylen is decent...lol, jk, hes proly the best running back coming back next year, although everman will proly find some way to have 3 or 4 awesome RB's like always.

about baylen being the best, im not sure, but i think he will be.

BigChamp05
03-02-2003, 09:38 PM
I know as a squad, Rice will be pretty dang good. I think they were all juniors, and there were three that ran well against us last year.

BigChamp05
03-02-2003, 09:39 PM
I know as a squad, Rice will be pretty dang good. I think they were all juniors, and there were three that ran well against us last year.

PPHSfan
03-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Balen Laury or however you spell it. (sorry B man) has got to be in the top 3. I watched him run in several playoff games. All I can say is WOW. That kid is friggin fast.

Jimbotex40
03-02-2003, 09:57 PM
yeah, baylen's not as fast as d-bo, but if you watch him run, he follows his blocks nearly perfect. sad thing is, d1 colleges will proly say hes too short for rb, so he'll proly end up playing cb in college.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-02-2003, 10:09 PM
John Nieto from Port Isabel will be a fun one to watch. 4.5 speed with power. He had a 60+ yard TD run vs. Bandera. Played FB last season as a sophomore, but will be the feature back next season as a junior.

wildstangs
03-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Antonio Posey - Ballinger
Josh Jackson - Sweetwater

vet93
03-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Audus - Greenwood

BULLDOGFAN
03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Audas was the best Bandera saw. He is almost to darn fast and doesn't get his pitches just right. Good hitter also.

And tarponfan the only reason Neito made that long run was because we only had 9 people on the field. We thought there was a timeout on that play.

hsguru
03-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Antonio Posey Ballinger could really make a big impact this fall.
Also looking towards the future Abilene Wylie has a kid that will be a soph this year that could easily find his way to varsity, Keeman Davis. His future looks bright. He has all the tools to be a great one.

Jacket2000
03-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Jamario Thomas of Longview Spring Hill is explosive. Also, watch for his younger brother, Demario, who I believe will be a junior next year.
J2K

pero chato
03-03-2003, 02:06 PM
hsguru:
Also looking towards the future Abilene Wylie has a kid that will be a soph this year that could easily find his way to varsity, Keeman Davis. His future looks bright. He has all the tools to be a great one.The Wylie kid's name is Case Keenum. His father is the McMurry football coach. Case could and should be the starting qb next year as a soph. As far as RBs, Posey from Ballinger should have a stellar year barring injury. If he could get some help and not have to play both ways, he could still be full speed in the 4th quarter.

Jimbotex40
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
hey bulldogfan, you shouldnt have used the excuse that yalls team thought there was a timeout...that just makes it look like yall have 9 retarded players that stayed on the field.

just say that they got lucky and that it will never happen again wink wink

vet93
03-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Pero chato...Coach Keenum was my offensive line coach in high school at Ballinger. He was there with Randy Allen and Jon Rhiddlehoover in the eighties. He is a fine coach and man. I wish McMurry could turn things around in the next few years for his sake. If Case has the same character and work ethic as his father along with the physical talent that we have all heard about, then he should be a dandy!

pero chato:

hsguru:
Also looking towards the future Abilene Wylie has a kid that will be a soph this year that could easily find his way to varsity, Keeman Davis. His future looks bright. He has all the tools to be a great one.The Wylie kid's name is Case Keenum. His father is the McMurry football coach. Case could and should be the starting qb next year as a soph. As far as RBs, Posey from Ballinger should have a stellar year barring injury. If he could get some help and not have to play both ways, he could still be full speed in the 4th quarter.

coach tx
03-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Elroy Steen from Luling high School 5'10 215 4.5 the kid i watch him play 1 half agaist marion he had 200 on the first 3 runs with 3 td. he can play but hurt his leg th 4 game out the whole dict.games

Keith7
03-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Terrius Purvey from Gainesville should be considered a top RB for next year he had 627 yards as a sophmore back up, and averaged 15 yards a carry...

PPHSfan
03-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Terrius Purvey from Gainesville, should have been given more respect LAST year. I realize that with a back like Searcy that he would not get many carries, but every time that kid touched the ball it seems like he scored a TD. I think he may have averaged more than 16 yards a carry if they had handed it to him a little farther from the endzone. :p

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-03-2003, 09:39 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Audas was the best Bandera saw. He is almost to darn fast and doesn't get his pitches just right. Good hitter also.

And tarponfan the only reason Neito made that long run was because we only had 9 people on the field. We thought there was a timeout on that play.I WAS going to say something that would be considered a real low blow, (regarding Greenwood game) but i'll just keep it to myself.

Why do you think I was so quick to leave the stadium after it was all over?

mustang04
03-04-2003, 08:49 PM
all i gotta say is JOSH JACKSON from SWEETWATER!!!....oh yeah...last year when i was on JV and i saw our varsity play ballinger there....antonio posey was one bad dude i think hesw extremely awesome...but hes gaining a little weight i noticed, i know hes still really fast, but he shouldnt gain too too much

mustang04
03-04-2003, 08:50 PM
all i gotta say is JOSH JACKSON from SWEETWATER!!!....oh yeah...last year when i was on JV and i saw our varsity play ballinger there....antonio posey was one bad dude i think hesw extremely awesome...but hes gaining a little weight i noticed, i know hes still really fast, but he shouldnt gain too too much

hsguru
03-04-2003, 09:49 PM
posted March 03, 2003 01:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hsguru:
Also looking towards the future Abilene Wylie has a kid that will be a soph this year that could easily find his way to varsity, Keeman Davis. His future looks bright. He has all the tools to be a great one.

The Wylie kid's name is Case Keenum. His father is the McMurry football coach. Case could and should be the starting qb next year as a soph. As far as RBs, Posey from Ballinger should have a stellar year barring injury. If he could get some help and not have to play both ways, he could still be full speed in the 4th quarter

PEro i wasnt talking about Case. Im talking about his backfield mate KEEMAN DAVIS. They are two diferent people. The thread is about running backs not qbs that is why I mentioned KEEMAN. But I agree Case could be a stud. Has all the tools to be great.

PPHSfan
03-04-2003, 09:56 PM
I am not going to mention any names. And we never recruit or dress folks up in Pilot Point. Let me just say that our new running back next year will be number 22. :p

BigChamp05
03-04-2003, 10:04 PM
All i know is that ya'll are all lucky that Dustin Heep has graduated. Man, he tore people up. He drug people after he ran them over. There is a reason why we called him "Horse".

BULLDOGFAN
03-05-2003, 07:13 AM
That's right Big Champ, that boy Heep gave many a defensive player the ride of their lives. Colleges are missing out on a good thing with him.

And Tarponfan I could have swore you were High fiveing and tossing confetti like the rest of us at the end of the game. Weren't you wearing a Bandera shirt?

Jacket2000
03-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Wow, the Bandera fans sure are showing their colors, eh? Hell, Tarponfan supported Bandera after the PI game, and now y'all are throwing it in his face? Now THAT is class!
Lemmie tell y'all something. Yes, last season was a great one, congrats. But, guess what? It is now March. You have 5 months to get reloaded for next season. Bandera has alot to prove in '03, especially after finishing 3rd in district. But if this is the attitude that the rest of the team has, then you will be breaking out the basketballs much earlier next season. There are 31 other teams in region IV that are working out with one thing in mind; to beat Bandera. It's much too late to still be celebrating and looking back on last season.
J2K

BULLDOGFAN
03-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Chill out Jacket, Tarponfan is my cousin and I am a former Tarpon. Just ribbing him for his fanatic ways about the Tarpons. Has nothing to do with any colors so don't be so quick to judge.

Green Ranger
03-05-2003, 09:46 AM
Audas (not Audus) from Greenwood has been in the weight room a good bit and has been getting a little faster I think. Then you got one of the better Quarter Backs in 3A in the State in Dawson Wilber is just as fast and can get through the smallest of holes in the line and avoid tackles. It should be another good year for the Rangers

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-05-2003, 10:18 AM
BULLDOGFAN:
That's right Big Champ, that boy Heep gave many a defensive player the ride of their lives. Colleges are missing out on a good thing with him.

And Tarponfan I could have swore you were High fiveing and tossing confetti like the rest of us at the end of the game. Weren't you wearing a Bandera shirt?it's my own fault, I take things way too seriously. But no, I wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing a Bandera shirt. I was proudly wearing my PI letterman jacket. I was happy for you that Bandera pulled it out, but still, I thought the FG was good. And no, I wasn't high fiving anyone, I was on the cell phone with people in Port Isabel giving them a play-by-play of what was happening.

Cameronbystander
03-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Cameron has a RB that will be a junior next year that was timed at 4.37 in the 40 several weeks ago. His name is Byron Majors. He started until Rodrick Knight was released to play. Byron played extremely well for a soph and if the line improves, he should have a really good year next year.

Wtx_coach
03-05-2003, 09:26 PM
there will be alot of good rbs in the state, i will just have to throw in rashad terry from pecos, will be a jr, should be something to watch, if the eagles can build an o-line

Bandera YaYa
03-06-2003, 04:31 PM
I know he was there, BULLDOGFAN.....in fact, I saw him down on the field after the game was over, he got ahold of our big flag and was running up and down the sideline, whooping and hollering..I guess he just so wrapped up in the whole idea of winning a State Championship!!

Bandera YaYa
03-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Wouldn't be caught dead in a Bandera shirt?????? Ouch!! It still hurts that much, huh? I guess all of PI was hoping that you'd have better news to deliver to them....And you thought the kick was good, too? I'm not feeling any love here!!!

Bandera YaYa
03-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Yikes, JK2 !!!! Guess I missed your earlier post, but I feel spanked now! TarponFan and BULLDOGFAN are always going at it...being related and all. I assure you, it is all in good fun! And, I agree, last season is over and everyone should be looking towards the future. Me, I'm into soccer and baseball now. Look out for our baseball team!!!!Grrrr!!!

So, I'll forgive you! Still, you made me feel like it was 3rd grade and that note I just passed got picked up by the teacher!! Whew!! wink

Ranger Mom
03-06-2003, 06:02 PM
YA YA....you crack me up!! You are so PASSIONATE!!! If you and I ever met in "real life" - I think we would be GOOD FRIENDS!!

BULLDOGFAN
03-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Ya know Ranger Mom, Bandera Ya Ya is bandera's number 1 fan. She has no kids that play sports yet attends each and every game that is played by Bandera. She is always first to volunteer for anything that any team needs. She is the perfect Team Fan.

The only problem we had with her is in Bandera's run to the Championship we had to do some traveling, and darn that girl cannot speed or drive.

She is single also, guys.

Bandera YaYa
03-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Gee, now you have gone and blown my cover....I wanted everyone to think I was a real bad ass!! What can I say?? I love the Dogs, especially this senior class. They are just the best and the best of friends. You know how most kids wouldn't want to hang with their parents and their friend's parents? Well, this group of kids get a kick out of us older kids, and they are always fitting in or fitting us in and they are way cool to do so. It's like a real respect for one another.....too cool!! Yeah, RangerMom,I think we could have alot of fun, if we only lived closer!! Rats!!! But I'm afraid that we'd probably get in some trouble too!!!hahahahahahaha!

And to you BULLDOGFAN, "awe shucks"! But I do consider myself having a bunch of kids that play sports ......and I'm super proud of them all!!!! Came home tonight to a empty house and started to make myself a little dinner, pretty soon I was feeding 4 mouths that showed up wondering "whats for dinner?".....that's my boys!!!!! And as for as that remark about my not being able to speed or drive, well I plead guilty. But I do a mean 360 when trying to find broken down cars in the middle of God knows where, when all you speeding cars have left us far behind!!! And I can throw a mean roll of toilet paper, even tho I couldn't move my arm for 2 days!!!hahahahahahahahaha!! Peace and Ya Ya!!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Nice one, YaYa. Me? With a Bandera flag, waving it proudly? Yeah, right. I'd rather start smoking cigarettes than wave a Bandera flag! FYI, when Bandera played PI, I was the one waving that blue flag with the white pTi on it. I am 100% Port Isabel Tarpon, and even if I lived in Bandera, I would never sell out on my alma mater (BULLDOGFAN :p )

And yes, YaYa, I thought Greenwood's 2nd FG attempt WAS good. It's not that I don't have any love for you or anything like that. I have always been known to speak my mind, and tell it how I think it is/was. Besides, I have perfect 20/20 vision which is probably twice as better than any referee could imagine having.

By the way, Port Isabel still has an open week in their schedule. Get Coach Williamson at Bandera to play a non-district game with PI. The Tarpons would love to prove to everyone that Bandera was truly a one hit wonder. Geez, the SHAME of losing to a lowly "valley" team.....Williamson won't do it. wink

Bandera YaYa
03-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Now, apparently YOU did not see my earlier post! So, I'll forive you also.....except that crack about Williamson, that was low...and except that dig about us being a "one time wonder", JK2 mentioned that, too. Just what is a "one time wonder"? And how does it in any way take away anything from being a State Champ? Can one only be a State Champ if one is not a "one time wonder"? With that kind of thinking, what do you call the ones that don't win a State Champ title.."every time losers"???

Sorry JK2, but I can't sit on my hands on this one!! I can speak my mind also.

Jacket2000
03-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Well, I said "One HIT Wonder". If you're gonna quote me, get it right LOL! What I meant, was that Bandera had a great season last year but I think that they will be down quite a bit this season. Takes nothing away from a state championship, but you see, that was last season. This is now March. Any team that is still thinking about last season will be playing basketball come November. There are 5 months left to get ready for the '03 season, and it seems that Bandera is stil celebrating last season while the other 31 teams in region IV are looking to beat them. So, add that to the talent that is graduating, and I would imagine that Bandera will be down quite a bit from last season.
J2K

Bandera YaYa
03-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Sorry about the "quote". Seems like the same thing to me, but anyway. Gee, if I knew that you were going to respond at 12:34, I would have stayed up...I'm a night owl, but it seems most people stop posting about 11:00, so I turn it off, too...nothing more pathetic than to post something and sit and wait for 20 minutes for a reply!! ANYWAY, as I have said before, I, too, believe that it's time to move on, but I have to defend myself sometimes....and that TarponFan person can't let it lie....guess the pain was just too deep .....OK... sorry. Let it be heard here and now, I want to talk about anything else on here, no more football!!! Let's talk baseball, because our team is having an excellent pre-season showing....and I can be just as passionate about them, too! The best thing about this place is the great people you get to "meet" and you, Jacket2000, are always good for either a laugh or a cry!!!LOL Am I forgiven?????

BULLDOGFAN
03-07-2003, 10:48 AM
The only people on here are Seniors and Seniors parents. The next group of Bulldogs are working out, keeping quite, and listenng to all the would of - should of - could of- talk. Winning state is not easy I don't care how good of a team you have.

Bandera faced better teams then them every week. But the will to win and the maturity to do so are hard to find. The 2002 Bulldogs had that ability and backed it up.

And Tarponfan, you four eyed mullet, your eyes are so convaluted with fish slime, you couldn't see straight even if you wanted to.

Every game you went to, all we heard, was Port Isabel was bigger, better, faster, then Rice, Bellville, La Vernia, Yoakum, and Greenwood. But ya know what? Port Isabel wasn't at any of those games. They lost. That simple. Bandera got the Mojo and ran with it. Port Isabel blamed it on mis-counting. Give, me a break.

And as far as the Port Isabel being close, well all the teams that lost were close. But that doesn't count.

Do I want Port Isabel to win, yes, as I do Bandera and Greenwood. Winning it all is an incredable gift that you don't get tired thinking of.

marlin fan
03-07-2003, 11:10 AM
you all have metnioned some pretty good running backs but marlin has to that will be untopable there names are Uriah Smith and Matterial Richardson and eihero one of these two have to best chance to be the top 3a running back but you see these to play both tail back and full back and alternate in so ayou willnot only have to stop one great running back but two so i would put my money on these to running backs so as a MB bulldog my self we are going to when state this year and you better watch it ennis

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-07-2003, 02:42 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
The only people on here are Seniors and Seniors parents. The next group of Bulldogs are working out, keeping quite, and listenng to all the would of - should of - could of- talk. Winning state is not easy I don't care how good of a team you have.

Bandera faced better teams then them every week. But the will to win and the maturity to do so are hard to find. The 2002 Bulldogs had that ability and backed it up.

And Tarponfan, you four eyed mullet, your eyes are so convaluted with fish slime, you couldn't see straight even if you wanted to.

Every game you went to, all we heard, was Port Isabel was bigger, better, faster, then Rice, Bellville, La Vernia, Yoakum, and Greenwood. But ya know what? Port Isabel wasn't at any of those games. They lost. That simple. Bandera got the Mojo and ran with it. Port Isabel blamed it on mis-counting. Give, me a break.

And as far as the Port Isabel being close, well all the teams that lost were close. But that doesn't count.

Do I want Port Isabel to win, yes, as I do Bandera and Greenwood. Winning it all is an incredable gift that you don't get tired thinking of.Geez, Rick, I was only joking about the sellout thing, didn't you see the little :p next to it? And YaYa, the only thing I was serious about in my previous post was about Bandera and PI playing a non-district game next season. The knock on Williamson was all kidding around. I know the game won't happen because PI's bye week is week 10 and if memory serves me right, Bandera plays Llano that week.

Like BULLDOGFAN says, we're related, and all the ribbing is in good fun.

PPHSfan
03-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Was this thread about running backs? :p

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, you're right. frown

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Sorry, too!!!!I know nothing about RB's , please, go right ahead.... :) :) :)