PDA

View Full Version : Go Commerce!

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 09:09 AM
Despite all the whippings Commerce administered to Alvarado in the '90s, I'm a Tiger fan this week. I'm afraid they're going to have a long row to hoe. Commerce isn't quite what they have been, and Forney is extremely good this year. But that Tiger mystique isn't gone. I'm standing by my 28-21 prediction.

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 09:52 AM
Thanks Alvarado. It is going to be tough but you gotta believe. I think every week the Tigers and getting use to coach cron and his style of football. for the first part of the year he was only able to be "part time" because he was trying to get over hepatitus(not sure if i spelled that right or not)I think it will be a good football game. You and the Indians are a class act and I hope you guys do well in the play-offs. Most of the DI talk has been about forney and wylie and everman. I dont think they should underestimate you guys.

vfunk
11-01-2001, 10:24 AM
i wish commerce well also...even though im pulling for forney, there is no team id rather lose to. the commerce fans have shown nothing bout class and so if they win this one...i wont be too upset...good luck forney and commerce!!! lets just hope everyone walks off the field like they walked onto it...

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 10:39 AM
Cron inherited a class program from Lineweaver and is carrying on the tradition.

Going for 2 in the '95 championship game was the gutsiest call I've ever seen.

kaorder1999
11-01-2001, 12:55 PM
dont you mean inherited the team from Bragg?

maestro
11-01-2001, 01:06 PM
Bragg was only there 1 year and took Lineweaver's team to the Quarterfinals where they lost to Forney.

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 01:57 PM
Lineweaver left a Carrol dynasty to build that program.

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 02:04 PM
Lineweaver doing allright at 5A Trinity now

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by VFunk:
i wish commerce well also...even though im pulling for forney, there is no team id rather lose to. the commerce fans have shown nothing bout class and so if they win this one...i wont be too upset...good luck forney and commerce!!! lets just hope everyone walks off the field like they walked onto it...
Thanks VFunk Forney fans are outstanding also. and yes lets just hope all come out healty for a good play-off run

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Alvaradobacker:
Despite all the whippings Commerce administered to Alvarado in the '90s, I'm a Tiger fan this week. I'm afraid they're going to have a long row to hoe. Commerce isn't quite what they have been, and Forney is extremely good this year. But that Tiger mystique isn't gone. I'm standing by my 28-21 prediction.
Alvarado i was thinking the other day about Alvarado beating Commerce earlier this year and I think you guys had that game won when you entered the field. your guys came on the field with an aura and were ready. the tigers stopped there warmups and watched you enter. bad mistake. with the band doing that na na nanana naaaaa. it was impressive.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-01-2001, 02:26 PM
Well I wish I could see this game cause it is gonan be good.I really like both teams but on this one I gotta go with Forney gotta stick with my fellow Rabbits.But either way it will be a good one.Good luck to both teams.

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 07:08 PM
Atl_rabbit--you guys are playing good ball yourselves. keep it up and good luck the rest of this year and in the play-offs