PDA

View Full Version : Holly, Colorado

lepfan
03-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Tornado (about 600 ft wide) hit downtown...a lot of damage. Fatalities :(

Holly is about 20 miles east of where I live.

The ER here is in my backyard...the ambulance has been in and out here.

lepfan
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately a young mother lost her life in this horrible tornado that has detroyed a town of about 1000. A 27 year old mother passed away about 5 am this morning from her injuries. Her husband and young children were life flighted last night after the storm...no word yet on their injuries.

My para lives in this small town...she says the town is damaged pretty bad. This tornado comes just a month or two after the devastating blizzards. There are some concerns that this may become a ghost town as some are going to be unable to recover...I hope not...

Bulldog92
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Unfortunately a young mother lost her life in this horrible tornado that has detroyed a town of about 1000. A 27 year old mother passed away about 5 am this morning from her injuries. Her husband and young children were life flighted last night after the storm...no word yet on their injuries.

My para lives in this small town...she says the town is damaged pretty bad. This tornado comes just a month or two after the devastating blizzards. There are some concerns that this may become a ghost town as some are going to be unable to recover...I hope not...

Sorry to hear that. I lived in Denver for years and this reminds me of what happened to Limon back in 1990. It's very sad and I hope that the people of Holly will recover and will pray for those that lost loved ones...

44INAROW
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Horrible news Lepfan - will keep the towns folk in my prayers...... :(