PDA

View Full Version : Our New Coach.....

trojandad
05-08-2003, 10:00 AM
hello, boys & girls, guess when trojan dad shows back up it must be close to football season again......lol......yes, im eat up with it.....just wanted all to know that we are so happy with our new head coach, it has been the absolute best thing to see our guys having a great time, finally smiling again, being challenged, pushed......weve really gone thru a strife time here, more on that on later posts, but suffice it to say that Coach Lymas has been a breath of fresh air here.....anyway, good to be back and look forward to a good yr with everyone......

FBmania
05-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Hello Trojandad, glad to hear everyone is excited about the new coach. Although my son will not be playing for BH next year, I look forward to the Eagles introducing your coach to Eagle football! :D (I'm going to miss #40 on that Eagle gridiron.)

Well good luck and we look forward to seeing you guys later this year!

trojandad
05-08-2003, 12:32 PM
boy, me 2, mania......did he get a ride anywhere?......will miss him accusin my boy of holding every play.....lol....had fun watchin them feud at the hardin playoff game, then at the bridge city game, they ended up becomin the best of friends before the yr was out, was really fun to watch those two become good friends last yr, after all the fussin they did durin their game together i dont think anyone hurt for #40 after the BC game as much as my son, he REALLY hurt for him......as far as our new coach, at least hes in favor of kids getting themselves in shape to play both ways, the old coach didnt allow it at all except for one guy, we just didnt have the manpower for two full separate squads and, to be honest, if a couple of guys had not been allowed to go both ways at the end of the game, we wouldnt have beaten liberty last yr, so im sure lookin forward to having the best athletes out there if they pay the price.....pass on our regards to ur son.....

FBmania
05-08-2003, 12:48 PM
He's getting an academic scholarship(partial) from Mcneese State and will be playing ball there.
Right now he's concentrating on baseball and the Bellville Brahmas at the "area showdown" in Tomball Friday night!
Do you still have that portable BBQ pit? :D We could sure use some 22-3A support! And some ribs and sausage. :D :D :D

BTW: if you want to see some football, Stalworth Stadium, Sat. June 21st BAYOU BOWL. He was selected to play for the southeast TX team, hope to see you there!

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

Pudlugger
05-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Welcome back TrojanDad. How does Coldspring shape up in D22 3A this year? Is your son going to be a senior? Who is going to be back from last season's squad? You had a Qb with a strong arm last year, will he be returning?

trojandad
05-08-2003, 02:06 PM
To mania: you know what, i bet we might be able to swing that, ill check the sausage supply, give me a time.....am over the booster club this yr so we could pitch in if u guys could equal what we do, i dont think they would have a cow for doin some district supporting, ill check and get back with ya.....our qb got a full ride offer to mcneese but took a ride to prairie view instead, he thinks his best shot at the pros will be at defensive back and mcneese wanted him just for a qb, which he loves playin but didnt think he would go further at that position.....

To pud: good to see u too, sir....yes, he'll be a senior this next yr....we are graduating 2 offensive linemen and our 1000 yd fullback and our qb, but this new coach plans on taking our tailback whose been turnin some 4.26 40's and putting him in multi sets with 25-30 carries a game (he only averaged 7 carries a game last yr), plus our fb is 20 lbs heavier than last yrs fb and runs a legit 4.4, the new coach brings a system with multi formations on both sides and is a track man at heart, so lots of running will be the call of the day......we'll obviously lose something at QB but am really lookin forward to seeing 2 more men on the line and being able to do a few more things than the bone could do, when u have a TB like tauren, every game last yr that he had 10 carries or more he was in the 15+ yd per game average, a back just needs reps to get a feel of the game, there were too many backs and not enuf footballs......lol......should be another yr when we arent ranked too high at the beginning of the yr and then roll up some stats by the end....one big thing different tho, this new coach is defense based....the last was the O coordinator so the best athletes went on the O side of the ball and stayed there....should be different this yr....how about that purple bunch, we gonna meet yall in the 2nd round again?

FBmania
05-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Trojandad: It would be great if you guys came for just support.
Tell your son that I am going to keep track of his holding and keep "40" up to date. :D :D
I am real close to a lot of the younger players so I'll will try to make most of the games next year.
Our #22 will be playing at Prairieview next year maybe he and #7 will hook-up and be friends.Hope to see you in Tomball.