PDA

View Full Version : Most famous person you've met?

Chris Hart
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
This may have been done before, maybe even several times, but, who is the most famous person you have met? I got the idea off another site. For me, it was 1991 I had the pleasure of dining with the gazillion time World Wrestling Champion Ric Flair. He seemed to be a decent guy, but definately used his 'celebrity' to his advantage. Wasn't exactly rude to the restaurant's help at a Hardees(sp?) in Richmond, Virginia but authoratative nonetheless.. Much bigger than he looks on TV. Who is it for you?

I've also met Alan Jackson(country music star) in 1991 in Ft. Worth behind a music store after a autograph session. He was a newbie somewhat at that time but a totally cool guy. I asked him to let me photo him holding my first born, but, he respectfully declined because of 'insurance purposes' but was more than willing for us to get some photos with him. Don't know what real star status has done to him, but he was a genuine guy in 91, still my favorite country artist of all time.....:)

SintonFan_inAustin
03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Our current President George Bush when he was Governor of Texas.

coach
03-28-2007, 10:50 PM
pres bush, brett hull, mike madano, earl campbell, darrell k royal, michael jordan, r.c. slocum, ken hitchcock, nolan ryan, and gene stallings

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Charles Haley & Jay Novacek

HippoBaseball05
03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Back in the early 90's when I was summer jobbing it, I used to work at the then named 'Stouffer Hotel' in Austin.

First room service I ever took up was for Gary Busey. Guy drove everyone in the place nuts, but liked me for some reason. :thinking:

Others I met when they were in town were Amy Grant, Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell, and George Carlin.

jason
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
i arm wrassled ty murray a few months ago...

kepdawg
03-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I met The King once!

theyoefnshow
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I've talked to Lou Diamond Phillips & Jim Carrey on the phone before (work for Nextel)

In person....Selena & her father when I was a youngin...my Dad is in the radio business and met with them several times. Met a handful of wrestlers..most notably Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho & Ken Kennedy.

Gobbler Fan
03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Most Famous ....Mickey Mouse

:D

George W. , Shaq , David Robinson , Evander Holyfield , Emmit Smith , Nolan Ryan all pale in comparison to the Mouse .;)

BJG40
03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
The real coach Boone from Rember the Titans, Randy White, Jay Novacek, D.D Lewis, and Jimmy Stewart when I was like 2.

STANG RED
03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Randy White, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Harvey Martin, Preston Pearson, Drew Pearson, Clint Longley, D D Lewis, Chuck Howley, Walter Peyton, Nolan Ryan, Randall "Tex" Cobb, George Strait, Mel Renfro, Charlie Waters, Ann Richards, Willy Nelson, Walt Garrison, Bob Bullock, Rex Allen, Rex Allen Jr., Jim Ed Brown, Johnny Bush, Red Steagal, Ben Crenshaw, Andy Bean, Skeeter Davis, Dan Blocker, Ken Curtis,,,,,,,,, and I know there are others, but I cant think of them right now. Its hell getting old.:(

MHSvarsity2007
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
bob bartlett was behind me in wal-mart once... :cool:

Maroon87
03-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

I met W when he was "only" the Rangers' owner...:doh:

Chris, I'm jealous..Ric Flair is one of my all time favorite performers. He was "the man" in the 80's as far as pro wrestling was concerned. I saw him perform many times in person but never had the pleasure of meeting him.

Most famous person I ever met is a tie between Tony Dorsett, Jeff Bagwell, and George Strait...all Texas legends.:cool:

mchavez
03-29-2007, 01:54 AM
This past year since I've lived in Austin I've met Mac Brown and Earl Campell around campus.

I also work at a fancy restaurant on town where I have met the whole UT Basketball team ( I've seen Kevin and A.J. a few times on campus too), Andy Roddick, and Rudy Giuliani.

At I cowboys training camp in Wichita Falls I was able to me Emmitt Smith, Dieon Sanders, and Micheal Irvin.

I've only met one famous celeb, Diedrich Bader.

Rabbit'93
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Trent Reznor

pirateman98
03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I have meet Tony Dorsett, Amanda Perez ( an R&B singer), Ricky Williams (before he was busted for drugs), and I helped Cat Osterman when I was at work. Cat was the most interesting person because I didn't realize that I was helping her until she was about to leave. I was living in Austin and I worked at Great American Cookies and she had just finished eating at California Pizza Kitchen, which everyone that ever went to Barton Creek Mall ate there. I also meet Ricky at the mall while he was at Radio Shack, he was having problems with his phone and need a new one. And Amanda Perez was the mall too, doing a mall tour and signings and sang a song there too. You can meet anyone at the mall.....lol

kaorder1999
03-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Shaquille O Neal
Dennis Rodman
Phil Jackson
Karl Malone
John Stockton
All Dallas Mavs players from 1999-2002
Tim Duncan
David Robinson
and Many, Many more NBA Stars

Fotbol
03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Lenard Davis, LaDanian Tomlinson, Hakeem the Dream, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson, Earl Campbell, Elvin Bethea, Robert Brazil, Doc Rivers, Larry Grandma Ma Johnson, Holywood Henderson, Salt N Pepper, Run DMC, Rickey Smiley, Micheal DAY DAY Epps, Governor George W. Bush, Chet Edwards, Lisa Raye:eek: :eek: , EVE from the Ruff Ryders, Geto Boys (Scarface, Bushwick Bill), Dexter Manley, James Brown, Will Downing, Foxy Brown the Rapper, Snoop Dogg, Bum Phillips, all of the Von Erics, Bernie Mack, and Cedric the Entertainer, a few slips me now, but I do have a lot of photos.

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Gordon Wood - I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with him for a little while in 2003 at the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame banquet.

Spike Dykes - Have visited with him a few times over the years, each time was after we moved from Lubbock.

Joe Ely - I used to waittress in a C&W bar in Lubbock many moons ago. He would play there 2-3 times a year.

George Thorogood - Met him at the same bar when he played for Stubbs annual birthday bash.

Lloyd Maines ( :kiss: )

bhtrainer
03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Hulk Hogan, Pat Green, George W. and his dad, But my favorite of all time was defenitly Darrell Royal...

Rabbit'93
03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I thought the title of the thread was "Most famous person you've met?" not every one you consider a celebrity you've met?;)

kaorder1999
03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
GSquared

BuffyMars
03-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
GSquared

You met

http://www.teamspecialolympics.com/scraps/s_o/bikerfox_ps6.jpg

You win hands down!

District303aPastPlayer
03-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Either Tony Parker at the HEB when I didnt ask for his autograph and he acted like a complete jerk o... and gave me attitude

Or lunch with the Big Show, Ken Kennedy and Dusty Rhodes....

edit: I served Willie Nelson a whataburger when he was blasted high off of his mind...

jason
03-29-2007, 10:16 AM
how could i forget KEVIN FOWLER...

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I thought the title of the thread was "Most famous person you've met?" not every one you consider a celebrity you've met?;)

LOL!! I have decided a question like this is like eating Lays potato chips...you can't eat just one!!

JasperDog94
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Roger Clemens

lv2937
03-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Lenard Davis, LaDanian Tomlinson, Hakeem the Dream, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson, Earl Campbell, Elvin Bethea, Robert Brazil, Doc Rivers, Larry Grandma Ma Johnson, Holywood Henderson, Salt N Pepper, Run DMC, Rickey Smiley, Micheal DAY DAY Epps, Governor George W. Bush, Chet Edwards, Lisa Raye:eek: :eek: , EVE from the Ruff Ryders, Geto Boys (Scarface, Bushwick Bill), Dexter Manley, James Brown, Will Downing, Foxy Brown the Rapper, Snoop Dogg, Bum Phillips, all of the Von Erics, Bernie Mack, and Cedric the Entertainer, a few slips me now, but I do have a lot of photos. when did u met the von erics? most of them have been dead for a good while.

Snydertigersrul
03-31-2007, 06:01 PM
President Bill Clinton

Pmoney
03-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Jeff Bagwell, Mark Cuban, Spyke Dykes, Peyton Manning, Walt Garrison, and a lot more just cant think of em

BILLYFRED0000
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Well some of those are impressive. Anyone besides me ever meet
and talk to Troy Aikman? Mark Aguirre, Dirk, Deon Sanders, Craig
James, Tom Landry, Byron Nelson (twice), Ben Crenshaw, Greg Norman, Lee Trevino, Bum Phillips and Wade when he was just a youngster, Eric Clapman. Now Amy Grant was actually more or less an aquaintance so I hesitated to put her down as someone I just met. And Wilbur Montgomery when he was across the hall at the dorm in ACU. Then he was drafted by the iggles. And Randy White is a good friend of one of my friends. Bill Bates too. He still lives around here as well as Randy. I like Bill he's pretty cool.

BILLYFRED0000
03-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well some of those are impressive. Anyone besides me ever meet
and talk to Troy Aikman? Mark Aguirre, Dirk, Deon Sanders, Craig
James, Tom Landry, Byron Nelson (twice), Ben Crenshaw, Greg Norman, Lee Trevino, Bum Phillips and Wade when he was just a youngster, Eric Clapton. Now Amy Grant was actually more or less an aquaintance so I hesitated to put her down as someone I just met. And Wilbur Montgomery when he was across the hall at the dorm in ACU. Then he was drafted by the iggles. And Randy White is a good friend of one of my friends. Bill Bates too. He still lives around here as well as Randy. I like Bill he's pretty cool.

oops oh well. And add George Gervin the Ice Man for all you Spurs fans out there. He is still one of my favorite Spurs guys.

Diocletian
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

yup i don't think there is anyone more famous world wide.... i shook his hand when i was a kid but never actually met him