PDA

View Full Version : President Bush to be Impeached????

Fotbol
03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
I heard that the President may be getting a pink slip by weeks end! Anyone heard anything about this matter??

piratebg
03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Impeached? Now is not the time to be talking agriculture.

big daddy russ
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I heard that the President may be getting a pink slip by weeks end! Anyone heard anything about this matter??
An impeachment is just a trial. It would take months to put everything together and I think the Dems fear having Cheney in office more than Bush. Besides that, this late in his presidency it would do more good to just let him ride out his last period in office and let the Anti-Republican sentiment grow than to do anything outrageous and risk gaining some Bush sympathizers.

It's definitely just a rumor. There's nothing they could impeach him for anyways.

Blastoderm55
03-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Word is the Dems look to use the threat of impeachment in their effort to pass the Iraq pullout timeline legislation. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Phil C
03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Word is the Dems look to use the threat of impeachment in their effort to pass the Iraq pullout timeline legislation. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

They would never get enough Congress votes for it. It would just like they tried when they wanted to impeach Clinton.

big daddy russ
03-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They would never get enough Congress votes for it. It would just like they tried when they wanted to impeach Clinton.
Phil, Clinton actually was impeached. He was never removed from office, but they put him on trial and he was found not guilty of an impeachable offense.

Fotbol
03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
I say we have a vote here on the Down low, I'll start the thread.

EricDraven
03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Not going to happen.

Bullaholic
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I say we have a vote here on the Down low, I'll start the thread.

You'll be impeached.....:D

Blastoderm55
03-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Just end up being an incredible waste of time and money as in the case of Clinton.