PDA

View Full Version : RGVSports Refugees

Cats Fan
03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
As you alll already know..RGVSports is in a state of chaos. This post is mainly directed at all the rgvsports refugees......the rebellion has begun:

http://rgvpigskinforum.proboards47.com
or
http://riosports.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=riosports

Let it be known that our site will not be taken down by a dictator!!!

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
What's going on over there...did LewP take over the site?

Cats Fan
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
more like Communist Russia

Snyder_TigerFan
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
As you alll already know..RGVSports is in a state of chaos. This post is mainly directed at all the rgvsports refugees......the rebellion has begun:

http://rgvpigskinforum.proboards47.com
or
http://riosports.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=riosports

Let it be known that our site will not be taken down by a dictator!!!

:confused: I haven't been over there in awhile. What's going on??

Ranger Mom
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I read 2 pages of stuff, but couldn't figure out what was really going on.

I DID read that a moderator, "football_gal" had resigned....I wonder if that is our own "footballgal"?? I know she is from Port Isabel!

piratebg
03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, we had our little "insurrection" a while back and we are still here. Hopefully whatever is going on over there will pass.

Ranger Mom
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I have seen it happen time and time again....a moderator/administator/owner of a site would rather ruin a perfectly good board and be left basically posting to himself than to admit he may have been wrong!!

Tis a crying shame!!:(

Cats Fan
03-28-2007, 01:30 PM
everyone gets censored for expressing their opinions...they just disabeld pm's and hes threating to turn off our sports forum which is where we just post whatever is non sports related.

the first few days he was there, he banned just about every other member, mostly the ones with over 1K+ posts.....mods turned against each other, 2 mods have already resigned. were not allowed to post links to other sports boards or basically disagree with his views....for the reals the guy has literally claimed that the site is "his site"

btw....he has little knowledge of sports in general!!!!

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have seen it happen time and time again....a moderator/administator/owner of a site would rather ruin a perfectly good board and be left basically posting to himself than to admit he may have been wrong!!

Tis a crying shame!!:(

Quit gossiping!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
03-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Quit gossiping!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Is it still considering gossiping if you don't name any names and are talking about several boards in general??:p

Maroon87
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure how, but my account on that site recently became "inactive.":thinking:

big daddy russ
03-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I DID read that a moderator, "football_gal" had resigned....I wonder if that is our own "footballgal"?? I know she is from Port Isabel!
Yes ma'am, that's her.

everyone gets censored for expressing their opinions...they just disabeld pm's and hes threating to turn off our sports forum which is where we just post whatever is non sports related.

the first few days he was there, he banned just about every other member, mostly the ones with over 1K+ posts.....mods turned against each other, 2 mods have already resigned. were not allowed to post links to other sports boards or basically disagree with his views....for the reals the guy has literally claimed that the site is "his site"

btw....he has little knowledge of sports in general!!!!
What ever happened to RGVF Moderator? He was always cool as hell. Did he run off too, or was he in the middle of this?

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Is it still considering gossiping if you don't name any names and are talking about several boards in general??:p I don't know, but I'm sure someone will let us know soon enough!!! HAHAHA :D

Ranger Mom
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't know, but I'm sure someone will let us know soon enough!!! HAHAHA :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cry_baby.gif

:D :D :D

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 01:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/cry_baby.gif

:D :D :D

SCREAM!

oh wait.....I'm the crybaby???? :confused: NEVER! :D

Cats Fan
03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
no...he left for unknown reasons know to us.....and this guy comes in..new to the board, never really posted there before or anything and he is on a power high at the moment....

big daddy russ
03-28-2007, 02:04 PM
no...he left for unknown reasons know to us.....and this guy comes in..new to the board, never really posted there before or anything and he is on a power high at the moment....
That sucks. It was a great board when I was there, but I haven't been there since December.

I think I may have gotten the boot, too. My username and password don't work.

Oh well.

Ranger Mom
03-28-2007, 02:05 PM
SCREAM!

oh wait.....I'm the crybaby???? :confused: NEVER! :D

No...no...no....not you silly goose!!

Is our "alleluia" link still broken?

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
No...no...no....not you silly goose!!

Is our "alleluia" link still broken?

I dunno. I don't even have the link anymore. :(

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 02:19 PM
found it !!! :D

APPF turn down your speakers! (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

injuredinmelee
03-28-2007, 02:19 PM
they paly football in the valley? oh yeah region IV... lol Just kidding people just kidding...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, it's true. All heck has broken loose on the RGVSports.com forum.

The new Administrator named "Dolos" is pretty much banning everyone in sight and stripping the other established moderators (me included) of their mod priviledges.

Despite the fact I am the longest existing member of that site, I still got the boot and thrown out like yesterday's trash. :eek:

Oh well.....was good while it lasted.

Ray_BearKat
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
whats going on over there is all bull....Dolos didn't even know about forums before he became the administrator.

Kind of hard for yall to read up on whats going on over there cause he censors everyone, who doesn't agree with him.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion......Dolos is from the DFW Area and is trying to destroy anything/everything that has to do with Rio Grande Valley athletics.

You know how much those DFW guys hate us and look down on us....

Gobbla2001
03-29-2007, 03:06 PM
sounds like the downlow.... don't come here and expect any change..... okay just kidding... welcome refugees...

Ray_BearKat
03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
here's my word...

Originally posted by ozzy:
My take is that if chuck, the admin, was leaving I cannot believe that he would leave this place to someone who doesn't have vested interest in it. I mean being administrator of a forum takes a lot of time and hard work, something that dolos doesn't seem to have...

thats why it seems not to believeable to me...thats why I haven't been as vocal as some other members who got there heads chopped off.

I would of spoke up more but I still don't believe it. If after April 1st this is still going on then I would gladly not spend most of my day checking in on this place.

18handicap
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I tried to register so I can ask about the standings for the Valley so I can update the statewide softball website. Nobody is helping down there, so I thought I would ask -- can't do that -- they aren't taking registrations. I have better results from Laredo than from the Valley -- they aren't helping themselves get state recognition. Can anyone help me get the standings? A-AAAAA?? I think I have AAA covered, but the rest are left dry.
BH

smustangs
04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

haha wouldnt suprise me

Ray_BearKat
04-02-2007, 01:39 AM
it was a big elaborate April Fool's Joke a few weeks in the making...

things should be back to normal very soon.

Gp83
04-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
it was a big elaborate April Fool's Joke a few weeks in the making...

things should be back to normal very soon.
No it won't...they're still censoring everything over there and they gave me a warning because I said;

Dear RGVF-Moderater

Please fix
the word "Moderator"
in ranking

Sincerly,
Gp83

Freaking idot over there misspelled moderator and gives me a warning...still not fixing it.:doh: Check it out

http://forums.rgvsports.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003519

Ray_BearKat
04-02-2007, 07:57 AM
after that comment the chuck came on and spilled the beans...he even made a comment to you that he would fix things. then he told the truth...

pirate4state
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
wow - LMAO!

Ray_BearKat
04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
wow - LMAO!

you should of seen it...they had us hook line and sinker! so many members were banned because they were in uproar. it was crazy, they have since been unbanned

but he said that he had to keep changing the joke and almost abandoned it cause we keep at it...

pirate4state
04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
you should of see it...they had us hook line and sinker! so many members were banned because they were in uproar. it was crazy, they have since been unbanned

but he said that he had to keep changing the joke and almost abandoned it cause we keep at it...

too funny ~~~ hope everyone has a sense of humor and gets over any hard feelings during the practical joke