PDA

View Full Version : golf

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
golf courses around dallas/ plano

i saw pics of Stewart Peninsula golf course and liked it even though it was a 9 hole course. anyone have any suggestions? i think were going to play on friday.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Come down to San Angelo and Me, you, and Reggie can go play Quicksand.

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 10:30 AM
For value...Sherrill Park #2 course. I've played their #1 course a few times and it's a very good course. Yesterday, I played the #2 course. It's a bit shorter (about 6300 yards) and a Par 70. I had my lowest score ever at 77 though so of course I was excited. I have shot 78 on a par 72 course...but that's irrelevant. ;) Yesterday was cart path only because of the rain but it wasn't that big of a problem. The fairways are generous but not ridiculous. The greens are in good shape and are very big. The rain definitely helped them hold the shots I hit with longer irons/hybrid clubs as well so that was a plus. Unlike Coyote Ridge (I played there Sunday...WAY overrated IMO), the greens had good speed, especially considering the rain. They were aerated a few weeks ago and, while not sandy, some greens still had holes in them and caused a few putts to bounce off line. Some of the tee boxes were quite sandy though.

Another course to consider is Firewheel in Garland (a few miles from SP). I've played two of their 3 courses and been pleased with them. Their rates are comparable to SP's as well. It was summer when I played but their fairways/greens were in very good shape.

I've wanted to check out Stewart Peninsula but if I'm gonna drive that far I might as well "splurge" and play the Tribute on a twilight rate. One site to check for discounted tee times is www.golfnow.com. I've used them for a few rates in the Metroplex as well as when I played in San Francisco and it's saved me money every time. See what tee times they have posted.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
For value...Sherrill Park #2 course. I've played their #1 course a few times and it's a very good course. Yesterday, I played the #2 course. It's a bit shorter (about 6300 yards) and a Par 70. I had my lowest score ever at 77 though so of course I was excited. I have shot 78 on a par 72 course...but that's irrelevant. ;) Yesterday was cart path only because of the rain but it wasn't that big of a problem. The fairways are generous but not ridiculous. The greens are in good shape and are very big. The rain definitely helped them hold the shots I hit with longer irons/hybrid clubs as well so that was a plus. Unlike Coyote Ridge (I played there Sunday...WAY overrated IMO), the greens had good speed, especially considering the rain. They were aerated a few weeks ago and, while not sandy, some greens still had holes in them and caused a few putts to bounce off line. Some of the tee boxes were quite sandy though.

Another course to consider is Firewheel in Garland (a few miles from SP). I've played two of their 3 courses and been pleased with them. Their rates are comparable to SP's as well. It was summer when I played but their fairways/greens were in very good shape.

I've wanted to check out Stewart Peninsula but if I'm gonna drive that far I might as well "splurge" and play the Tribute on a twilight rate. One site to check for discounted tee times is www.golfnow.com. I've used them for a few rates in the Metroplex as well as when I played in San Francisco and it's saved me money every time. See what tee times they have posted. golf for now is how ive seen a few of these golf courses i havent heard of, only bad thing is i end up getting alot of good rates, only to find out they are in new mexico or just too far for me to enjoy.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Come down to San Angelo and Me, you, and Reggie can go play Quicksand. maybe this summer if i end up in sweetwater, i wouldnt mind beating yall in angelo ;)

jason
03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
i was never impressed with sherril park

i played firewheel the day after they had a us open sectional - talk about freakin HARD...

tangleridge in grand prarie is nice - so is canyon west in weatherford....

there are probably 50 courses within 30 miles of you ruben....

www.golfq.com

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jason

there are probably 50 courses within 30 miles of you ruben....

www.golfq.com so which one do you want to get beat at? :evil:

jason
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
so which one do you want to get beat at? :evil: ill play you any time, any where, for however much you want