PDA

View Full Version : Pizza for Pesos

smustangs
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
wow whats next

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=2983312&page=1

DU_stud04
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
i think Adidas410s said something about this a few months ago. money is money. id take it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't. This really isn't any different than me printing up my own money and trying to use it if you think about it.

DU_stud04
03-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I wouldn't. This really isn't any different than me printing up my own money and trying to use it if you think about it. how is it? its real money, the guy is Mexican and runs down there a lot. no inconvenience to him and its in an area of high Mexican population. and your still getting charged the same price. its no cheaper if you pay in pesos.

Ray_BearKat
03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
i heard about this a while back...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
how is it? its real money, the guy is Mexican and runs down there a lot. no inconvenience to him and its in an area of high Mexican population. and your still getting charged the same price. its no cheaper if you pay in pesos.

It's legal tender in Mexico, not in the United States. If I can't use the own money that I print up why should they be able to use something from somewhere else?

DU_stud04
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM
It's legal tender in Mexico, not in the United States. If I can't use the own money that I print up why should they be able to use something from somewhere else? cause what you print up isnt a legal money document......

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
cause what you print up isnt a legal money document......

Sure it is, in my own little world, just like pesos are legal money in Mexico. It's the same principle.

DU_stud04
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Sure it is, in my own little world, just like pesos are legal money in Mexico. It's the same principle. hahahaha, ok gary. im going to make my own currency as well and its going to look better than yours. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
hahahaha, ok gary. im going to make my own currency as well and its going to look better than yours. :D

Why you little burger punk. :mad:

DU_stud04
03-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Why you little burger punk. :mad: from what i just heard 15 gary galleons are = to 1 reuben rupies. hahahaha:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
from what i just heard 15 gary galleons are = to 1 reuben rupies. hahahaha:D

Yeah, but that's like comparing my pennies to your dollar.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, but that's like comparing my pennies to your dollar. hahaha, sure...tell yourself that. :evil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 12:09 AM
hahaha, sure...tell yourself that. :evil:

Trogdor will come and burninate your money and I will laugh.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Trogdor will come and burninate your money and I will laugh. trogdor is on my side....check the sig ;) :evil:

i think the exchange rate went up. 22 of your gary galleons is now = to 1 of my reuben rupies :D

smustangs
03-28-2007, 12:35 AM
It's legal tender in Mexico, not in the United States. If I can't use the own money that I print up why should they be able to use something from somewhere else?

amen

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
amen :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 12:41 AM
See, I like this guy. He's got the right idea about stuff.

kepdawg
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't. This really isn't any different than me printing up my own money and trying to use it if you think about it.

Go ahead and print your money and run on down to the pizza place. Make sure to let us know if the guy accepts your currency!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Go ahead and print your money and run on down to the pizza place. Make sure to let us know if the guy accepts your currency!

Forget that, I'm going to use the only legal U.S. tender that we have, the good old dollar.

mistanice
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
here have some pesos

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/493405/2/istockphoto_493405_mexican_peso_coins.jpg

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Forget that, I'm going to use the only legal U.S. tender that we have, the good old dollar. no one is telling you that you cant use it.

smustangs
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
See, I like this guy. He's got the right idea about stuff.

i just think its crap that we accept another countries money here like that. We have our own currency for a reason everyone should fall under the same law and have to use it. I gurantee they wont take a euro or a frank so why take pesos

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 08:24 AM
i just think its crap that we accept another countries money here like that. We have our own currency for a reason everyone should fall under the same law and have to use it. I gurantee they wont take a euro or a frank so why take pesos

Have you ever been overseas...especially to places other than Europe? They will gladly accept USD's as a form of payment. As their currency gets weaker against the dollar, they make money the longer they hold it before exchanging it for their own currency.

Many American companies do the same thing. My company is one of them. Some of our European customers pay us in euros and as the euro rises in value against the US Dollar, our company makes additional money because of the currency exchange.

shankbear
03-28-2007, 08:29 AM
I have a buttload of Euro left over from a trip to France. Will that buy me a big honkin pizza with this guy? Euro is legal all over Europe. German Euro is good in Italy, France's in Belgium. ONE WORLD CURRENCY...........1984???

Macarthur
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Guys, this is nothing to get uptight about.

The states that border Canada do the same thing. Could it be that you don't like pesos because they don't come from white people?

shankbear
03-28-2007, 10:37 AM
That's dumb. Do all American dollars come from white people? It is silly and assinine to drag race into this. The biggest source of the peso market is from ILLEGAL aliens. ILLEGAL.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
If I recall this issue correctly, the guys who pay in pesos are actually getting screwed by being charged a "premium" price above the exchange rate to make up for the efforts of changing the pesos into dollars. They'd be better off taking their money to get it exchanged and they'd come out ahead on the pizza.

Phil C
03-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Money is money I guess.

Macarthur
03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
That's dumb. Do all American dollars come from white people? It is silly and assinine to drag race into this. The biggest source of the peso market is from ILLEGAL aliens. ILLEGAL.

You're naive if you think race isn't a part of it.

It is not the businesses responsiblity to judge if someone is illegal or not.

Explain to me why people have no problem with American businesses taking Canadian dollars?

Phil C
03-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Last October I got to go to the Solar de La Plaza and fight a bull. Before we went there they took us to the market. I made sure to have a lot of coins in my purse (American Money). That way I was able to give anyone who asked a coin and make them happy. I am a soft touch for people that need help and they appreaciate and are so nice. And they are sharpe too because they won't ask you twice even if they see you again. Very touching indeed.

http://www.indigenthealthcaresolutions.com/photo_album/2006-auditors-el_paso/originals/426.jpg

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If I recall this issue correctly, the guys who pay in pesos are actually getting screwed by being charged a "premium" price above the exchange rate to make up for the efforts of changing the pesos into dollars. They'd be better off taking their money to get it exchanged and they'd come out ahead on the pizza.

Correct. They are charging them 12 pesos per dollar...which is actually worth $1.09. So they're making $.09/dollar for the pesos they collect.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You're naive if you think race isn't a part of it.

It is not the businesses responsiblity to judge if someone is illegal or not.

Explain to me why people have no problem with American businesses taking Canadian dollars?

We take Canadian dollars???? :eek:

smustangs
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM

The states that border Canada do the same thing. Could it be that you don't like pesos because they don't come from white people?

its not race as much as ILLEGAL people

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
its not race as much as ILLEGAL people i know many people who have family down in mexico and go every other weekend, and thay are LEGAL. just cause a mexican crosses the boarder doesnt make them illegal. if i was to have a few pesos left over from my trip to mexico, would you call me illegal as well?

smustangs
03-28-2007, 11:14 AM
i know many people who have family down in mexico and go every other weekend, and thay are LEGAL. just cause a mexican crosses the boarder doesnt make them illegal. if i was to have a few pesos left over from my trip to mexico, would you call me illegal as well?

no but i have a problem with illegals using their money from mexico here

Macarthur
03-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
We take Canadian dollars???? :eek:

Yes, businesses that boarder Canada do take Canadian dollars.

smustangs

its not race as much as ILLEGAL people

What responsibility does a business have making any determination whether a customer is legal or not?

And we have no idea what percentage is legal or not. What does that matter? Because someone is in the country illegally, do they not have a right to buy a pizza if they want one?

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
no but i have a problem with illegals using their money from mexico here wouldnt that be bringing money into our economy??? which is a good thing.......

Macarthur
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
no but i have a problem with illegals using their money from mexico here

Why? You realize that makes no sense what so ever. Keeping them from using their pesos is not going to solve the immigration problem.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM

And we have no idea what percentage is legal or not. What does that matter? Because someone is in the country illegally, do they not have a right to buy a pizza if they want one? no one should not be allowed a pizza if they want one. :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 11:19 AM

No, why do you instantly think we're racist because we don't believe in recognizing the currency from other countries? Logic would only tell you that if any other form of currency is acceptable, then that makes all other currency acceptable, no matter how weak or strong it is against the American dollar. Shouldn't it suffice to say that money that is counterfeit can be used, becauses hey, some stores accept it and some people do use it as a form of money for themselves? The same principle applies in my opinion.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:24 AM
No, why do you instantly think we're racist because we don't believe in recognizing the currency from other countries? Logic would only tell you that if any other form of currency is acceptable, then that makes all other currency acceptable, no matter how weak or strong it is against the American dollar. Shouldn't it suffice to say that money that is counterfeit can be used, becauses hey, some stores accept it and some people do use it as a form of money for themselves? The same principle applies in my opinion. same principal maybe.....but the value of counterfiet is 0. real money is real money gary, and if OUTSIDE money comes into our economy, why fight it and tell it to go somewhere else? even if it is only for a pizza.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
same principal maybe.....but the value of counterfiet is 0. real money is real money gary, and if OUTSIDE money comes into our economy, why fight it and tell it to go somewhere else? even if it is only for a pizza.

Outside money from who? I can make my own outside money and use it then with that idea.

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
No, why do you instantly think we're racist because we don't believe in recognizing the currency from other countries? Logic would only tell you that if any other form of currency is acceptable, then that makes all other currency acceptable, no matter how weak or strong it is against the American dollar. Shouldn't it suffice to say that money that is counterfeit can be used, becauses hey, some stores accept it and some people do use it as a form of money for themselves? The same principle applies in my opinion.

Come on Gary...ignore the "racist comment" so that this thread doesn't go down the wrong path and get locked! ;)

ANY currency CAN be accepted in ANY country if it is legal tender. However...99.9% of people/businesses WON'T accept foreign currency because 1) they have little to no way to immediately test the validity of the funds at the time of the transaction and 2) it's a hassle for the person/business to convert the money into USD.

When a person from Germany goes into a McDonald's in Chicago and orders a Big Mac and pays for it with his Visa card...with what currency does he pay that Visa bill? He's not paying it in USD...you can count on that! ;)

Currency transactions aren't a big deal. The pizza for pesos issue is so blown out of proportion. It's a non-story. Should my company shut down because we accept euros or Japanese yen or Chinese yuan in exchange for our products??? I think not. The same concept applies in this situation.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Last October I got to go to the Solar de La Plaza and fight a bull. Before we went there they took us to the market. I made sure to have a lot of coins in my purse (American Money). That way I was able to give anyone who asked a coin and make them happy. I am a soft touch for people that need help and they appreaciate and are so nice. And they are sharpe too because they won't ask you twice even if they see you again. Very touching indeed.

http://www.indigenthealthcaresolutions.com/photo_album/2006-auditors-el_paso/originals/426.jpg

Great pic of you!

BTW, who won??? :D

Adidas410s
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Outside money from who? I can make my own outside money and use it then with that idea.

you can try...but it won't be accepted because it has no tangible value and isn't accepted as a legitmate, official, and recognized form of currency. If you could get a country to establish a value for the money that you've printed...then you would have something. Until then...it might as well be Monopoly money. Remember, most countries still use the gold standard as opposed to the fiat system that is used in America.

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Outside money from who? I can make my own outside money and use it then with that idea. hahahaha, legal money mustard. you talk as if mexican or any other cultures have differnt money for each person, bringing in euros, rupees, pesos, etc. is 100% different of the counterfeit route your aiming at. that is unless you start your own country and create your own LEGAL currency, i dont think anyone will take your gary galleons. ;)

Keith7
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey as long as pizza patron sales their Pizza Listas (a large pepperoni pizza) for 4.99, they can take whatever currency they want..

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM
hahahaha, legal money mustard. you talk as if mexican or any other cultures have differnt money for each person, bringing in euros, rupees, pesos, etc. is 100% different of the counterfeit route your aiming at. that is unless you start your own country and create your own LEGAL currency, i dont think anyone will take your gary galleons. ;)

Hehe, I know, but I like to start controversy on here, because it sure is boring when there is none.

Phantom Stang
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
The way I see it, this isn't so much about an individual's right to spend a particular currency, as it's about a business's right to accept it for goods, or services rendered. So in my opinion, BBDE, you can accept any sort of money you want. ;)

Having said that, I hear by offer you 3,500 Phantom Phrancs to paint my house.:p My currency only comes in denominations of one thousand, so if you want to give me 500 Gary's Galleons in change, that'll be fine.:D

DU_stud04
03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Hey as long as pizza patron sales their Pizza Listas (a large pepperoni pizza) for 4.99, they can take whatever currency they want.. :clap: :clap: :clap: