PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Somerset

BurnetBulldog
11-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Okay the stage is set...Burnet vs. Somerset @ Bobcat Stadium in San Marcus Saturday November 15th @ 6 p.m.

What do we know about Somerset. Stats, type of Offense, etc. I'd like to hear from anyone who's seen 'em and/or knows their stats.

Thx

bd0707
11-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Go to San Antonio Express News website

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/

bd0707
11-08-2003, 11:33 PM
anyone found any other info?

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
..uh, don't think Burnet has to worry about Somerset! :D

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 11:52 PM
I agree with Bandera Ya Ya! LOL...we played them last year, i think we know some of their tricks dont you? I mean, we even kind of knew the predictions of this years season based on how things went last year. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE AT ALL!

1team1dream
11-09-2003, 01:15 AM
does anyone know how their offensive line and defensive line are? height weight.. anything

:D

espn1
11-09-2003, 01:20 AM
BHSSenior2006:
I agree with Bandera Ya Ya! LOL...we played them last year, i think we know some of their tricks dont you? I mean, we even kind of knew the predictions of this years season based on how things went last year. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE AT ALL!They won't look the same as last year. They have a new coach.

SintonFan
11-09-2003, 03:31 AM
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 04:54 AM
SintonFan:
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?yes they do have detmer but I honestly think they were better last year than they were this year. i havent seen them this year but I know last year they had alot of size and they had some good speed. the class that graduated kinsa hurt them but. they are a good team dont get me wrong they just in my oppinion dont have a chance against burnet. Detmer is a very good coach he will be prepared for this weeks game but I just think that somerset is going to be out talented.

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 04:59 AM
BurnetBulldog:
Okay the stage is set...Burnet vs. Somerset @ Bobcat Stadium in San Marcus Saturday November 15th @ 6 p.m.

What do we know about Somerset. Stats, type of Offense, etc. I'd like to hear from anyone who's seen 'em and/or knows their stats.

Thxi dont know as far as stat wise but, I know that one of the davis brothers is still there and I think that he is a reciever. he is pretty decent but his brother was a good runner I dont know if they have a good QB that is worth a flip but I know that davis has a good jump and he has good hands it just depends on how well the QB gets him the ball. what is LH ranked in state? and does anyone know what somerset is ranked in state? I know somerset is ranked higher than i thought they would be.

espn1
11-09-2003, 09:15 AM
SintonFan:
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?I thought I read that Detmer was there for only one Year. It's possible that I 'm wrong. Is he still there?

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

mr.leopard man
11-09-2003, 10:03 AM
SOMERSET is ranked 91# according to datapoll...and also have a high scoring offense and only two losses were to 4a teams. eek!

Chris Hart
11-09-2003, 02:21 PM
espn1:

SintonFan:
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?I thought I read that Detmer was there for only one Year. It's possible that I 'm wrong. Is he still there?Detmer is not the HC this year, but he is there in an advisory capacity. Those who think Somerset is a pushover, are mistaken. They ARE a dangerous opponent.

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Chris Hart:

espn1:

SintonFan:
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?I thought I read that Detmer was there for only one Year. It's possible that I 'm wrong. Is he still there?Detmer is not the HC this year, but he is there in an advisory capacity. Those who think Somerset is a pushover, are mistaken. They ARE a dangerous opponent.True dat. Somerset has the ability to score. Detmer did a good job with those guys. They have been a pretty good team the last couple of years and they have continued to improve.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2003, 02:39 PM
bulldogvet85:

SintonFan:
This Somerset is better than last year. Don't they have that Detmer guy as a coach?yes they do have detmer but I honestly think they were better last year than they were this year. i havent seen them this year but I know last year they had alot of size and they had some good speed. the class that graduated kinsa hurt them but. they are a good team dont get me wrong they just in my oppinion dont have a chance against burnet. Detmer is a very good coach he will be prepared for this weeks game but I just think that somerset is going to be out talented.Lotta good info from someone who hasn't even seen 'em play...

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 02:56 PM
well i was just saying that the team last year was real good. I thought they were more complete last year. from what I gather this year they arent as big but they still have some talent. there offense is real good. I just think that last year as well they could mix the pass and the run game up better. Btu from what i understand they have some good backs. i think that people who have never seen somerset play will be surprised. they are going to give burnet a good game but nothing that burnet cant handle.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-09-2003, 03:56 PM
This is what I have found out about Somerset:
Record 8-2, lost the 1st 2 games then won out.

Losses to San Antonio Southside ranked 151 and 154
Their record was 6-4
New Braunfels Canyon ranked 89 and 91
Their record was 7-2

For a point of reference, Austin Reagan is rated 110

Somerset has scored 372 points allowing 151
Their game 10 was Jourdanton, finished 1-9
Somerset beat them 65-0
In that game, their RB, Joshua Caldwell rushed for 200+yds
Regards
GreatBigBurnetFan

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-09-2003, 04:01 PM
BTW, Austin American has game time at 5:00 PM,
not the 6:00. So I'm gonna show up for the 5:00PM
time.
Regards
GreatBigBurnetFan

BurnetBulldog
11-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Anyone have the official time? I heard 6p.m. at the game Friday but like above see it's at 5p.m. according to the AAS.