PDA

View Full Version : I had an awwwwwwwww moment

BuffyMars
03-27-2007, 02:13 PM
A guy I work with has a 1 year old with Down Syndrome. He is absolutely the CUTEST, SWEETEST, most precious baby I have ever seen.

I have never seen him cry, he is the happiest baby I have ever seen. As he should be, because he has loving parents who are not scared by his handicap. They embrace it, and try to learn as much about his disability so that they may help him in the future. They are inspirational.

Every time I see him I melt.

I told them if they ever wanted to get rid of him I would take him, lol.

I have always had a soft spot for MR kids. And adults for that matter.

If this job didn't pay so well I would go back to work with them in a New York minute.

I wish more people in this world were more accepting of people with disabilities, whether they be mental or physical.

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
You are a pure hearted person

smustangs
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
A guy I work with has a 1 year old with Down Syndrome. He is absolutely the CUTEST, SWEETEST, most precious baby I have ever seen.

I have never seen him cry, he is the happiest baby I have ever seen. As he should be, because he has loving parents who are not scared by his handicap. They embrace it, and try to learn as much about his disability so that they may help him in the future. They are inspirational.

Every time I see him I melt.

I told them if they ever wanted to get rid of him I would take him, lol.

I have always had a soft spot for MR kids. And adults for that matter.

If this job didn't pay so well I would go back to work with them in a New York minute.

I wish more people in this world were more accepting of people with disabilities, whether they be mental or physical.

I'm the same way. I have done some work in adaptive PE classes and stuff and love helping them out.

injuredinmelee
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
You will never realize what a difference you make in these kids lives. They love everyone esp those that take the time to play and talk to them as they were just another person, which they are but there a lot of folks that will talk to them in a condescending nature.

smustangs
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
You will never realize what a difference you make in these kids lives. They love everyone esp those that take the time to play and talk to them as they were just another person, which they are but there a lot of folks that will talk to them in a condescending nature.

I agree, its such a thrill to see their faces light up when you help them or talk to them "normal" and play games with them and stuff. It just makes their day. The way I see it is god made me to were I didn' have any of the difficulties these kids have and if i can help one kids day or life be better then its worth it. They didnt ask to have a handicap so i dont understand why people sometimes treat them like its their fault. We being the more fortunate should do everything we can to help.

Ranger Mom
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM

I was hoping you, of all people, would see this thread!:)

injuredinmelee
03-27-2007, 03:40 PM
the more precious time I sepnd with my son the more things I realize about his true nature. He is so golden hearted. He rarely gets down and the thing that I love the most is how loving he is. Unconditionally loving. He forgives so fast and he is always ready to move on to the next big adventure in his mind. My son is only 6 and mentally probably 4 amybe 4 1/2 and we never know when that mental development will stop but I can honestly say that if he advances no further he will always be the most pure person i know.

BuffyMars
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
the more precious time I sepnd with my son the more things I realize about his true nature. He is so golden hearted. He rarely gets down and the thing that I love the most is how loving he is. Unconditionally loving. He forgives so fast and he is always ready to move on to the next big adventure in his mind. My son is only 6 and mentally probably 4 amybe 4 1/2 and we never know when that mental development will stop but I can honestly say that if he advances no further he will always be the most pure person i know.

I love to hear these stories. Your son is very blessed to have such loving parents. As you are blessed by having him. You are right, they are absolutely just as precious of a child as any other! :)

smustangs
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM

very touching im glad to hear that you handle it so well and have such a good disposition about it. If all the parents of these children felt and acted like this it would make it so much easier

Bullaholic
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I have never read better words about children than these---regardless of your religion or personal beliefs....

Matthew 19:14

14But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.