PDA

View Full Version : To Destroy or Not to Destroy? That is the question...

Blastoderm55
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm sorting through roughly 1000 customer account folders. I'm trying to be a responsible merchant and sort through their applications so that their personal information can be protected, but I'm really having difficulty finding the motivation to do so. I'd like to just torch the papers, but I don't have that luxury right now. At the same time, I'm developing a hunch from squatting down and goin through all these files. What to do, what to do. :mad: :doh: :confused: :(

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Have a BBQ this weekend ;)

Blastoderm55
03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd like to have one right now. :mad:

smustangs
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
go buy a bottle of ever clear drink a lil of it pour some on the papers and accidentally drop a match works every time

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm sorting through roughly 1000 customer account folders. I'm trying to be a responsible merchant and sort through their applications so that their personal information can be protected, but I'm really having difficulty finding the motivation to do so. I'd like to just torch the papers, but I don't have that luxury right now. At the same time, I'm developing a hunch from squatting down and goin through all these files. What to do, what to do. :mad: :doh: :confused: :( Rad Shack had this problem they just threw it out in the dumbspter and next thing u know they are in TV:)

Blastoderm55
03-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd like to avoid that. :)

SintonFan
03-27-2007, 12:39 PM
DESTROY!
Don't you have to legally do that anyway?:confused:

Blastoderm55
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
DESTROY!
Don't you have to legally do that anyway?:confused:

Maybe. Then again, what's a little revenge against people who've ripped me off gonna cost me once I no longer have a storefront. :devil:

SintonFan
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe. Then again, what's a little revenge against people who've ripped me off gonna cost me once I no longer have a storefront. :devil:
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:
You know better man.:p
I've got customer credit card receipts from over a year ago and they are kept locked up until the "three year period" for tax use
is over. They they get shredded.

Blastoderm55
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:
You know better man.:p
I've got customer credit card receipts from over a year ago and they are kept locked up until the "three year period" for tax use
is over. They they get shredded.

In most cases, my customer have no credit or terrible credit, so anyone trying to use their information would probably just be forwarded all their bills. :p

SintonFan
03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
In most cases, my customer have no credit or terrible credit, so anyone trying to use their information would probably just be forwarded all their bills. :p
:doh: :doh:
lol