PDA

View Full Version : It's official in Sinton!

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Hot off the presses

PRESS RELEASE – TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2007

Tom Allen, Assistant Head Football Coach at Aldine High School has been named Head Football Coach & Athletic Director for the Sinton Independent School District, announced Sinton ISD Superintendent Mike Roberts.

Coach Allen comes to Sinton with thirteen years of coaching experience and experience as both an offensive and defensive coordinator at the 4A and 5A level. He has coached at Judson, Converse, Ft. Worth Dunbar, and Houston Aldine.

He is a graduate of Texas Tech and has completed graduate studies at Midwestern State University. He has been a Guest Coach/Lecturer at the University of Texas Football Camp 1998-2002, Guest Coach/Lecturer at TCU Football Camp 2001-2003, and was on Kansas State University’s 2001 Clinic Guest Staff.

Coach Allen said, “I understand the importance of athletics to the students, school and community. My background and goals seem to match Sinton ISD’s requirements well. I welcome the opportunity to lead student athletes to the success that I have grown accustomed to not only on the field, but also in the academic and social aspects of the student athlete’s life.”

Coach Allen was selected from a field of 83 applicants for the Sinton ISD Athletic Director/Head Football Coach’s position.

Tom is married to Dana, an Assistant Principal at Aldine ISD’s Ninth Grade Center, and they are the parents of two sons and a daughter; five-year old Jackson, eight-year old Kendall, and fourteen year-old Brian.

Superintendent Mike Roberts and Coach Allen are working with Aldine ISD to determine a starting date for Coach Allen to begin in Sinton. It is expected that Coach Allen will begin his duties in Sinton within the next ten days.

“We look forward to welcoming Coach Tom Allen and his wife and family to Sinton and feel they will be wonderful additions to our school and community. Coach Allen plans to come to the district one day this week to meet the staff and students of Sinton ISD,” said Superintendent Mike Roberts.

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm glad you posted this. I wouldn't want anyone to have a heart attack if I posted it!! :devil:

Phil C
03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Welcome to Sinton Coach!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SINTON81
03-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I wonder if his 14 year old is as good as Cass? Maybe he is, you never know.:cool: :cool:

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I wonder if his 14 year old is as good as Cass? Maybe he is, you never know.:cool: :cool: We can only hope. :)

Bullaholic
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Happy for the Sinton folks....hope everything works out well.

Adidas410s
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Welcome to Sinton Coach!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wonder if you'll see him at lunch on Friday??? :D

Phil C
03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wonder if you'll see him at lunch on Friday??? :D

:D Could be. I forgot to mention that the Supt was there last Friday. :)

Phil C
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
From the Aldine ISD web site. A message I don't ever remember getting from Sinton ISD. :)

http://www.aldine.k12.tx.us/news/specific_article.cfm?ID=602

Phil C
03-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't know if Coach Allen was our first choice or not (so many rumors) but either way it looks like we are getting a good coach. :)

SintonFan
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow! This guy has a lot of experience and has coached at some upper echelon football schools. I think this is a good fit for Sinton.
Welcome Coach!:clap:

piratebg
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Finally, we got a coach. Welcome aboard Coach Allen. :clap: :clap: :clap:

rgn4fb
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know what Coach Allen runs both offensively as well as on defense?

maroonpirate04
03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Congrats to Coach Allen, District 30-3A be prepared cause got a new captian on board with tons experience and soon Sinton will be on top once again:clap: :clap: The Pirates are ready to gear up their ship and sail onto victory!!:) :D

Captian Allen---The Bonecrusher is yours!

S_Tex_3A_Fan
03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Best of luck in Sinton. They are going to have some serious culture shock moving from San Antonio/Ft Worth/Houston area to Sinton. Much better place to raise kids IMO.