PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good Highschool QB????

Fotbol
03-27-2007, 09:41 AM
If you had two atheletes, one was very cerebrial, and one was very atheletic, which would be your QB for Highschool?

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
What offense are we talking about running?

coach
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
what makes a good hs qb??? are we talkin all-state, all-american or just plain good that will win you alot of games?

Fotbol
03-27-2007, 09:46 AM
If you're a first year coach, and you are torn between the two, which would you want to be the QB, don't know how far either will take you, don't know what offense you will run, This will be the first position you will fill! You decide what O you will run

Txbroadcaster
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Well if I have a "smart" Qb who has good but not great ability, but has a good arm, then I will run a spread, because that offense allows him to make the throws he can make, and with his mental ability he can make the correct reads.

With a pure athletic QB I would want something that allows his strengths to shine.

Now saying all that IMO you dont build an O around just the strengths of the QB..Have to see what kind of line, WR, and RBs I have. Because IMO ALL the parts have to mesh and not just the ability of the QB

big daddy russ
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I think a lot of times you're "given" a QB after the offense is already put in place. I think both can be equally successful, depending on the offense you're running.

On that note, it would depend on the arm of the two. I've always believed that passing QB's always help their team win more than running QB's. It's not always true, but I'd take the smart QB and put the athlete somewhere else. You can never have too many athletes running around out there.

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
To me, it would depend upon the the skills & abilities of the rest of the offensive players. A QB can have the best arm in the world, but if there's no one on the team that can catch a pass, then the arm means diddly squat.

Oh, and I'm not picking my offense based on one player, but rather what I know best. My offense goes in place, then I put the players in the spot where they can best serve the TEAM.

burnet44
03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
play the one thats wins for ya
put the other one on the field to help him

3afan
03-27-2007, 02:00 PM
What makes a good Highschool QB????

Ws