PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash movie available at Wal-Mart!

Phil C
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
I picked up a dvd at Wal-Mart today and two movies he had are Five Minutes to Live made in 1961 and The Pride of Jesse Hallum. A bargain to get both movies at just $1.00. I feel so bad at getting it so cheap I may go by Wal-Mart and offer to pay a little extra. They also got other dvds for $1.00.

I haven't seen the second one but I saw Five Minutes to Live in 1966 when it was finally released. Johnny Cash does a great job in it even though he suffered from weak direction and scrip writing. Also featured is young Opie (Ron Howard) who does a good job as does Vic Tayback who was the diner owner in Alice and he is a villain in this one. A good movie indeed. Now let the run on Wal-Mart begin!!

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I feel so bad at getting it so cheap I may go by Wal-Mart and offer to pay a little extra. They also got other dvds for $1.00.

OH GOOD GRIEF:doh:

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 02:24 PM
$1.00!!!! That's robbery! You should complain! What happened to rollback prices???

Was it a 2 for 1 deal??? Cause if not...I wouldn't have bought them.

:tongue: jk

pirate44
03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Now let the run on Wal-Mart begin!!
i nearly fell out of my chair reading this. Phil C, you never cease to bring humor to what would normally be a blah kinda day :)

Phil C
03-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i nearly fell out of my chair reading this. Phil C, you never cease to bring humor to what would normally be a blah kinda day :)

Thank you 44! More good news! The Wal-Mart at 5 Points and I am sure many others are now selling cactus that are used to make nopalitoes at just 50 cents a pound. A bargain to say the least. I have brought two of them and me and my youngest son are going to plant them in our back yard today and grow some more. You can use them to make nopalitoes but you can also plant them and they will grow and they are the kind that don't have thornes on them. We grew some before but failed to cover them one time when they it got freezing and so they died out but we won't make that mistake with this second chance. Wonderful news indeed!

pirate44
03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Thank you 44! More good news! The Wal-Mart at 5 Points and I am sure many others are now selling cactus that are used to make nopalitoes at just 50 cents a pound. A bargain to say the least. I have brought two of them and me and my youngest son are going to plant them in our back yard today and grow some more. You can use them to make nopalitoes but you can also plant them and they will grow and they are the kind that don't have thornes on them. We grew some before but failed to cover them one time when they it got freezing and so they died out but we won't make that mistake with this second chance. Wonderful news indeed!
those things can get outa hand. so i hope you REALLY like nopalitos.

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
nopalitos

Yeah, so its pretty obvious we aren't talking about East Texas. :confused:

Phil C
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
those things can get outa hand. so i hope you REALLY like nopalitos.

Indeed yes. They are usually cooked with eggs. The thing is that doctors in Mexico recommend that their patients eat nopalitoes for the health benefits. In fact they prescribe it in certain cases.

Highschoolfan78
03-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I almost bought that movie Phil... I have another where he plays frank james in "The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James"

Now that is a good movie.. Willie makes an appearence along with other great actors.

Phil C
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yeah, so its pretty obvious we aren't talking about East Texas. :confused:

Here besides eating fish on Fridays because of Lent a lot of people eat Nopalitoes with eggs on Fridays. They make a great breakfast Nopalito plate with eggs here in Sinton everyday at the Taqueria Leon at 420 South San Patricio Ave. in Sinton. Also great nopalito taquitoes are availabe at Flores located at 517 Ave B in Sinton. You can get real good Mexican plates and other foods also at Freddie's at 401 North Vineyard in Sinton. My wife really enjoys the chalupas at Freddies. I do too.

Unfortunately I think East Texas has too many freezing days to be able to raise this type of cactus used for nopalitoes. :(

Phil C
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
I almost bought that movie Phil... I have another where he plays frank james in "The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James"

Now that is a good movie.. Willie makes an appearence along with other great actors.

Did you get that at Wal-Mart! I am going to take time this afternoon and look over those titles carefully. :)

Highschoolfan78
03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I think I bought it from the 5 dollar batch of movies. But that was a while back. I forgot to mention the other actors... Kirs Kristofferson(great in westerns), he plays Jesse. June Carter Cash also is in the movie.