PDA

View Full Version : #9 Bellville Vs. #1 Giddings

Bull19
03-26-2007, 01:09 PM
BIG DISTRICT SOFTBALL GAME TOMM. NIGHT IN GIDDINGS. WHO DO YOU HAVE?

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I'll go with Bellville for the upset, pitching is so strong right now and bats are starting to come around.

hookandladder
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I will go with Bellville, 3-1.

Bull19
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
I'll go with Bellville for the upset, pitching is so strong right now and bats are starting to come around.

WILL MURPHY HAVE THE ROCK?

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WILL MURPHY HAVE THE ROCK?

Murphy started last game against La Grange, so Leutge will probably get the start.

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 03:48 PM
If the weather forecasters are right this game might not be decided tomorrow night:(

Darren
03-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm going to take the buffs.......

5-2

KL3
03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
5 runs would be the most scored against Bellville this year, including all of the 5A and 4A teams they've played, I believe. Reds fan could help me out on that.

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 04:04 PM
If the weather forecasters are right this game might not be decided tomorrow night:( True. If the game is played, I just hope we don't have to hear about poor officiating costing either team the win.

BTEXDAD
03-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
True. If the game is played, I just hope we don't have to hear about poor officiating costing either team the win.

Only problem, it is in Giddings. :D

I'll take Bellville 3-1.
After losses by 9-0 and 4-0 last year, Giddings will finally score a run against bellville, but it won't be enough.

And both Murphy and Luetge pitched the other night, so both are ready.

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3
5 runs would be the most scored against Bellville this year, including all of the 5A and 4A teams they've played, I believe. Reds fan could help me out on that.

OK:thinking:
Going thru the Bellville Times articles as source, the Brahmanettes have given up 18 runs this season. Their first game, a 7-6 win over Woodlands school was the most runs allowed omly one run was earned. So, they have given up 12 runs in their last 16 games. The most since the first game was 3 in a 3-1 loss to Foster, a very good 4A team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I'll go with Bellville for the upset

I wouldnt go a far to call it a up-set if Bellville wins.

Bull19
03-26-2007, 05:37 PM
OK:thinking:
Going thru the Bellville Times articles as source, the Brahmanettes have given up 18 runs this season. Their first game, a 7-6 win over Woodlands school was the most runs allowed omly one run was earned. So, they have given up 12 runs in their last 16 games. The most since the first game was 3 in a 3-1 loss to Foster, a very good 4A team.

I THINK HE MENT FIVE RUNS IN A SINGLE GAME,,,,THANX FOR THE STATS THOUGH

Bull19
03-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I wouldnt go a far to call it a up-set if Bellville wins.

WELL SINCE GOING INTO THE GAME BELLVILLE IS THE UNDERDOG, SO THATS JUSTIFIABLE AS AN UPSET IF THEY WIN;)

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I THINK HE MENT FIVE RUNS IN A SINGLE GAME,,,,THANX FOR THE STATS THOUGH

Yes and I was pointing out they had given up more than 5 runs in a game only once. I agree that it is difficult to score on Bellville! You are welcome on the stats:)

nette_mom
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
The 6 runs given up against the woodlands team only occurred after the coach put in all of the jv players except for 3 starters, otherwise the game was 7-1 going into the last two innings.

buff4life
03-26-2007, 07:31 PM
since there is no one from giddings posting their side...i'll help out...Weise (who is coached by Cat Ostermann) will pitch and Fritsche and Winkfield will provide a spark for the offense....Giddings 4-2

Bull19
03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
since there is no one from giddings posting their side...i'll help out...Weise (who is coached by Cat Ostermann) will pitch and Fritsche and Winkfield will provide a spark for the offense....Giddings 4-2

I HEARD CAT IS A DYKE?:eek:

buff4life
03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I HEARD CAT IS A DYKE?:eek:

i heard bi....but as long as its with the catcher its all good...

Reds fan
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
The 6 runs given up against the woodlands team only occurred after the coach put in all of the jv players except for 3 starters, otherwise the game was 7-1 going into the last two innings.

Thanks nette mom, I had forgotten that.... we should also remember that when two evenly matched teams meet up the coaches can have a big effect on the outcome. Regardless, it should be a very good game! Good luck to both teams, be safe and play hard.

buffalo2006
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Did anyone hear of the score yet?

sicem74
03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
wow il go with giddings yes i knw it was hard.go buffs

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Being coached by cat means what?

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Being coached by cat means what? About as much as whether or not she is gay, bi or straight!

Did Giddings get any rain last night? Is this game still a "GO"??

BTEXDAD
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Is Weise a senior this year? She's left handed so getting a left handed pitching coach seems like a good idea.

Should be close game.
If info on downlow was correct, comparative scores so far are as follows: Giddings beat La Grange 5-4 in extra innings. Bellville beat La Grange 4-1.
Bellville beat Navasota 3-0 and Giddings beat navasota 5-3.
Slight edge to Bellville. My pick of Bellville by 3-1 still sounds good.

nette_mom
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
She's a lefty and she's a junior I think. She started out taking pitching lessons years ago with my child who no longer pitches!!! Osterman coaches the 2nd Austin Storm team, not the Gold Team,
Lee plays on the Gold team. She pitched against us in one game last year, but I believe she took a line drive in the face and didn't pitch in the 2nd game.

Reds fan
03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Are they able to play tonight or was there too much rain?

Bull19
03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
She's a lefty and she's a junior I think. She started out taking pitching lessons years ago with my child who no longer pitches!!! Osterman coaches the 2nd Austin Storm team, not the Gold Team,
Lee plays on the Gold team. She pitched against us in one game last year, but I believe she took a line drive in the face and didn't pitch in the 2nd game.

WHAT IS CAT DOING COACHING A SELECT SOFTBALL TEAM? THATS REALLY RAISES MY EYEBROW:eek: IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN

nette_mom
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I heard a rumor the games are cancelled!!!! Anyone from Giddings have some insight on this?????

Bull19
03-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I heard a rumor the games are cancelled!!!! Anyone from Giddings have some insight on this?????

CALL THE HIGH SCHOOL AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT THEN POST IT

BTEXDAD
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
WHAT IS CAT DOING COACHING A SELECT SOFTBALL TEAM? THATS REALLY RAISES MY EYEBROW:eek: IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN

? Not sure what your concern is, Bull. Cat is out of school, or at least no eligibility left to play softball. She should now be able to do any kind of work, including coaching, at any negotiated salary.
Now if she was doing this coaching while still playing and being paid $100 an hour or something, that would raise my eyebrow also.

nette_mom
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Games are cancelled!!! I haven't heard when or if they will be rescheduled.

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
:( bummer --- I hate when you've been waiting for a game and then something like this happens. :(

Reds fan
03-27-2007, 03:22 PM
:dispntd: They should have to make it up soon though, I believe before next scheduled game.

DADDY O
03-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Tomorrow at 6:00 pm in Giddings

Bull19
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I HEARD 5 P.M.???

nette_mom
03-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Boys are at 5:00
Girls are at 6:00
As far as I know, there will not be a JV game

Reds fan
03-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Houston Chronicle website reports Bellville softball pitchers have combined ERA of 0.35

Luetge and Murphy have also recorded 167 K's this year

:clap: :clap: :clap:

buff4ever
03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I might have to go watch a little of the game today. I expect a one run win by giddings.

Bull19
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Houston Chronicle website reports Bellville softball pitchers have combined ERA of 0.35

WOW. THAT IS IMPRESSIVE AT ANY LEVEL.

g$$
03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
i heard bi....but as long as its with the catcher its all good...

Cat Osterman:
She is bisexual, seriously. Doesn't discriminate on gender or color either. I have inside scoop on this from my niece & nephew as athletes at UT. Great pitcher anyway!

buffalo2006
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Any scores yet?

nette_mom
03-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Giddings gave us a good ol fashion butt whippin tonight! The score was 8-0, which included a grand slam homerun by the catcher. Congratulations on a great game Giddings.

buff4life
03-28-2007, 09:25 PM

those eight runs could hurt the ERA huh?

Bull19
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM

DEPENDS ON HOW MANY WERE EARNED

buff4ever
03-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess that good ol home cooking must have been really on tonight for Giddings to score 8 runs on the bellville team that hasn't given up more than 5 points!!!

All kidding aside, I know that the bellville girls are really good, they must have had a bad night. I expect the game in bellville to be much closer and could probably go either way, who knows?

That is the most runs the giddings girls have put up in a while, I have been a little worried about em. However, the pitching staff and solid defense has been doing what they did tonite to everyone, so that always helps.

Bull19
03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I guess that good ol home cooking must have been really on tonight for Giddings to score 8 runs on the bellville team that hasn't given up more than 5 points!!!

BELLVILLE HASN'T GIVEN UP ANY POINTS IN ITS HISTORY OF SOFTBALL MUCH LESS THIS YEAR;)

buff4ever
03-28-2007, 09:50 PM
your lack of a since of humor makes being sarcastic on here not any fun. No one on here cares all that much except the giddings and bellville folks, and I can't kid around with you because you don't get it. (you are rather bull-headed, if I may say so myself)

Once again, I know that the bellville girls are really good, that is why they are so well ranked. Giddings wouldn't have scored 8 runs if lindsey wouldn't have git the grand slam, maybe only 4 or 6 or 4 or 5, who knows. Yall's team will do real well this year.

pirate4state
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Giddings gave us a good ol fashion butt whippin tonight! The score was 8-0, which included a grand slam homerun by the catcher. Congratulations on a great game Giddings.

wow this is a surprise. who were the pitchers? details! boxscore? thanks for keeping us posted. this might be one of those deals where you split home games - you never know. good luck to both teams the rest of district. when is the 2nd meeting?

Reds fan
03-28-2007, 11:50 PM

Yea, 1 earned run does raise the ERA! 7 unearned runs does not.

Not to take anything away from the Buffs, they played very well and deserved the win. Were aggressive and made plays.

Bellville just did not seem to be "in the game" from the start. First inning set the tone. In the handful of games I've seen them play, this was by far the flatest they've been. 4 errors and a couple of passed balls cost them dearly.

Congrats to the Buffs and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

hookandladder
03-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Wow, that just shows you you cannot go by what one team did to another. La Grange had Giddings beat in Giddings and let it slip away, then LG goes to Bellville and gets it put on them. Maybe the Giddings team took LG lightly and just turned it on against Bellville. From years past I would have to say Giddings seems to always have a better hitting club then the most, however defense and pitching would let them down. Maybe this is the year for them to put it all together. Good Luck.

BTEXDAD
03-29-2007, 08:20 AM
With daughter out of high school, I could pull for Bellville but watch game more as objective fan.
Congrats to Giddings. I was impressed. They laid off the rise balls of both Luetge and Murphy, waited for a pitch to hit and put it in play. Bellville had trouble playing defense, but Giddings also had a few well hit balls. Giddings defense was much better than Bellville's.
The inning had been extended by error when the catcher hit grand slam, so all four of those runs were by the rule and definition of "earned run" actually "unearned.
But regardless of whether any or all runs affected ERAs or not, Giddings won 8-0 and there's nothing you can call it except a butt whipping.
Not sure what was up with Bellville. Girls looked real quiet before game. Nervous? Intimidated? Flat?
Second half of district will be big, although Bellville has Caldwell this Friday to finish out first round.
Giddings has Smithville? Is that correct?

Darren
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Giddings.......

Good luck to Bellville in the future...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Yea, 1 earned run does raise the ERA! 7 unearned runs does not..

7 runs were unearned? Where was the Bellville defense?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-29-2007, 09:56 PM
What about the baesball score, Bellville vs giddings?