PDA

View Full Version : No More Joe Theismann on Monday Nights!

TexasHSFootball
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2812834

There will be a quarterback change in the Monday Night Football broadcast booth for the 2007 season.

Ron Jaworski will join Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser on the ESPN telecast. Jaworski replaces Joe Theismann, who has been offered a prominent football analyst job with the network.

Michele Tafoya and Suzy Kolber will continue as sideline reporters.

"This new lineup will enhance our presentation of Monday Night Football, our most important property," Norby Williamson, executive vice president, studio and remote production, said in a statement. "Ron has covered the NFL from many different perspectives, and he is totally tied into the issues and trends from around the league.

"We appreciate the work Joe has done for 19 years and continue to talk with him about another high-profile football role with ESPN."

Jaworski, who played 17 years in the NFL, most notably as quarterback of the Eagles, joined ESPN in 1990. He has been a prominent NFL analyst for the network and his studio duties will now be spread among ESPN's other NFL analysts, including newcomers Emmitt Smith and Bill Parcells.

Theismann, a storied quarterback in Redskins history, was the NFL's MVP in 1983 and led Washington to victory in Super Bowl XVII.

Last season, ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football was the most-watched series in the history of cable television and the only NFL series nominated for a 2007 Sports Emmy in the Outstanding Live Sports Series category.

Nine of the top 10 on the list of cable television's biggest household audiences ever came from ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football in 2006, including the Giants-Cowboys game on Oct. 23, 2006, which ranks No. 1 all-time with a 12.8 rating.

smustangs
03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
htey could get rid of tony too, that would help

Keith7
03-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Things will be better with Jaworski.. he knows football better, plus he was a better QB too

Bull19
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
htey could get rid of tony too, that would help

NAW, HE BRINGS CHARACTER

JasperDog94
03-26-2007, 01:20 PM
This is a great day indeed!

Bulldog_12
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
:cheerl: :wave:

JasperDog94
03-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya...:)

Bullaholic
03-26-2007, 01:27 PM
I wish we could get a guy from the South who knows his football and has a real sense of humor----C'mon back Dandy Don.

EricDraven
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Thank goodness. They should bring back Dandy Don Meredith.

g$$
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Good riddance Joe. I like Jaws better anyway. Theisman always annoyed me & loved to talk about himself. See ya...

crzyjournalist03
03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't know if you guys saw it but Nate Robertson (Tigers pitcher) was talking to the media yesterday after Bill Parcells spent the day in Tigers camp and said that Bill claims he was offered the MNF gig! :eek: Thank God for all of our sakes that he turned it down...that would have been miserable to watch!

Diocletian
03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
this is a horrible idea "Jaws" is way too obbsessive about football..... he makes it boring for me, i like guys like Boomer and Deion who bring real life personalities to the comentary position of football, Joe was a B but Jaws would be a B- i think

but if you guys ever watched the old sunday night football cast that Joe was in, that has to be the best line up yet-most entertaining anyhow

smustangs
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
forget em' all bring back dennis miller