PDA

View Full Version : Super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I received word this weekend that we may be getting a new client and I was asked if I was interested in a new job. It would be a GUARANTEED 2 year job working at Merit Energy in Dallas.

I will still be working for my current land company but the job I will be performing is at the oil company in Dallas. Apparently, they have a new database that will take 2 years to change over information into the new system.

And the partners asked if I would be interested. I had to think really long and hard about it. Dallas? YES! It was a tough decision.

They are going to meet with Merit today to talk about it. The partners said I would have to move up there, which is obviously not an issue. We are sick of moving, but when someone says they may have a job for me in Dallas, my stuff will be packed tomorrow!

Anyhow, please be thinking of me! I REALLY want this job, and the partners told me they are going to try and make this job worth the while, so hopefully, it will be decent pay.

I am so ready to really get back to work. I am sick of answering the phone, lol. My brain is starting to feel like mush.

Thanks for listening to me, I am so sorry, but I am just really excited. This is the happiest I have been at work since December! I just hope it happens! :)

Phil C
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I received word this weekend that we may be getting a new client and I was asked if I was interested in a new job. It would be a GUARANTEED 2 year job working at Merit Energy in Dallas.

I will still be working for my current land company but the job I will be performing is at the oil company in Dallas. Apparently, they have a new database that will take 2 years to change over information into the new system.

And the partners asked if I would be interested. I had to think really long and hard about it. Dallas? YES! It was a tough decision.

They are going to meet with Merit today to talk about it. The partners said I would have to move up there, which is obviously not an issue. We are sick of moving, but when someone says they may have a job for me in Dallas, my stuff will be packed tomorrow!

Anyhow, please be thinking of me! I REALLY want this job, and the partners told me they are going to try and make this job worth the while, so hopefully, it will be decent pay.

I am so ready to really get back to work. I am sick of answering the phone, lol. My brain is starting to feel like mush.

Thanks for listening to me, I am so sorry, but I am just really excited. This is the happiest I have been at work since December! I just hope it happens! :)

Congratulations but how does your husband feel? Also after two years would you have to move back?

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:33 AM
moving to dallas?

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:34 AM
He's excited too! the 1st thing he said was, "I smell season tickets to the Cowboys!" LOL!

And as far as moving back, well, I guess it will all depend on the work. He knows how the land business is, much like how I know how the radio business is.

Sadly, we are used to moving. We have never lived anywhere for more than 2 years.

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
crandall is a good place to live....

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

The job is North Dallas..So we MIGHT be moving back into Commerce or Greenville area...just depends

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
North Dallas-Commerce or Greenville? Can you get to North Dallas faster from Commerce or Greenville then you can from here?

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:37 AM

Yeah we are thinking about living somewhere outside of Dallas.

We are definitely going to have to find a renthouse, wherever it is. One that will allow pets. :eek:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2007, 09:38 AM

The most important question has yet to be asked:

How will this affect your posting on the downlow during work hours??:p :p

kaorder1999
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

thats a great question!

Bullaholic
He's excited too! the 1st thing he said was, "I smell season tickets to the Cowboys!" LOL!

And as far as moving back, well, I guess it will all depend on the work. He knows how the land business is, much like how I know how the radio business is.

Sadly, we are used to moving. We have never lived anywhere for more than 2 years.

I hope you get the job, Buffy, but I wonder if you are still going to be as excited when you are sitting in traffic in the "canyons" every morning/afternoon. :D

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

ROFL! It will affect it dramatically. :crying:

I will only be able to post after hours. :(

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I hope you get the job, Buffy, but I wonder if you are still going to be as excited when you are sitting in traffic in the "canyons" every morning/afternoon. :D

well..if they live in commerce area she will avoid the canyons....

mustang59
03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
That's great news. I hope everything works out for you.

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I guess I am jumping the gun a bit, I know. But dear lord, I pray they land this client. They are friends with the partners, so I am hoping whether no one else goes, I will get to. :devil: :devil: :devil:

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:41 AM
lots of rent houses in my neighborhood! Some nice ones too! And I bet they allow pets!!

Txbroadcaster
Luckily for Buffy I lived in Dallas and can help her navigate the back roads to avoid as much traffic as possible

AP Panther Fan
Fingers are definitely crossed for you! It has sounded like you have been unhappy for quite some time...and like the old saying goes....life's too short!;)

Best of luck to you!

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2007, 09:42 AM
lots of rent houses in my neighborhood! Some nice ones too! And I bet they allow pets!!

be surpirsed at how many dont allow pets

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Terry...found out I may be teaching Broadcasting next year here. I will be getting with you so we can come up with some good ideas for stuff. We have all the equipment needed for webcasts.

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Luckily for Buffy I lived in Dallas and can help her navigate the back roads to avoid as much traffic as possible

I swear, I let Terry drive when we go to Dallas. That boy knows every dang street in Dallas!

He can't tell you one road in Marshall, but he can navigate anyone in Dallas.

But then again, he did used to work security there, so he has pretty much worked every place in Dallas.

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Terry...found out I may be teaching Broadcasting next year here. I will be getting with you so we can come up with some good ideas for stuff. We have all the equipment needed for webcasts.

dang man..get me that job LOL

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
And thanks everyone so much for thinking of me and for the best wishes it means a lot.

I just hope I am not jinxing myself now. :hairpunk:

Bullaholic
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM

I wonder if some of the "ladies" on the corners of the backroads will still wave to you as you drive by, TXB. :D

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds GREAT!!!! I'd give anything to move back to Dallas. I hope to be back in the metro-mess sometime next year!!! :cheerl:

Good Luck Buffy!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

BuffyMars
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I wonder if some of the "ladies" on the corners of the backroads will still wave to you as you drive by, TXB. :D

Hahahahahaha!!!

He does seem to have a lot of "friends". :thinking:

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
dang man..get me that job LOL

haha...if I dont get it I will give them your name!! HAHA

Emerson1
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I am sitting in broadcast not doing anything right now. We used to have daily video announcements, but the stuff we used to show it to the tvs in all the classrooms was taken away. We want to do webcast, but our IT guys are morons. I like not doing anything, gives me 55 minutes to sit down and read the paper.:)

and move to forney, after all it\'s \"Where Dallas Ends, and Living Begins\"

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I am sitting in broadcast not doing anything right now. We used to have daily video announcements, but the stuff we used to show it to the tvs in all the classrooms was taken away. We want to do webcast, but our IT guys are morons. I like not doing anything, gives me 55 minutes to sit down and read the paper.:)

but before long Forney will be "Where Mesquite now is"

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 11:15 AM

our Broadcasting department has an awesome studio. Its about a $300k studio.

Emerson1
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
our Broadcasting department has an awesome studio. Its about a $300k studio.
That is what my teacher says. Our studio consist of 3 dividing pincushion walls and a green screen, the camera is a little handheld.

We are getting a tricaster and a studio camera, it\'s a step forward.

Are y\'all on spring break?

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
That is what my teacher says. Our studio consist of 3 dividing pincushion walls and a green screen, the camera is a little handheld.

We are getting a tricaster and a studio camera, it\'s a step forward.

Are y\'all on spring break?
nope...ours was last week