PDA

View Full Version : Womens Tourney

eagles_victory
03-25-2007, 12:54 PM
several big names are already gone the 3 favorites left have to be UCONN Tennessee and North Carolina what do you guys think

Phil C
03-25-2007, 01:12 PM
There is lots of parity nowadays in this sport which is good.

kepdawg
03-25-2007, 11:18 PM
The UNC team I saw tonight will not beat the Tennessee team I saw beat Texas earlier in the year.

However, UNC did beat Tennessee earlier in the year at home by 13.

It all depends on which team shows up.

They first have one more game before they would match up in the national semifinals.

eagles_victory
03-25-2007, 11:42 PM
The Elite 8 for the women is going to be some great basketball

Rutgers vs Arizona St.- I dont know anything about Asu so im going to go with Rutgers because they are on fire right now. They just knocked out the number 1 seed in the tournament duke giving them only there second loss on the year. They beat UCONN another number 1 seed in Stores in the Big east tourney title game there on fire. They have Ephipany Prince the freshman who made headlines last year for scoring 129 points in a game in NYC

LSU vs UConn- it is amazing that the lady tigers have been able to overcome the pokey champman crisis to make it to the regional final. I believe it ends here the biggest jerk in sports Geno Aruami will get his women past LSU they are just too strong for the lady tigers inside and out

Tennessee vs Ole Miss- IMO this is the most exciting elite 8 game Tennessee has a very good team but right now Ole Miss is on fire having just knocked out defending national champion Maryland and number 3 seed and big 12 champion Oklahoma. Price Ole Miss's best player has been on fire. Plus there defense has been swarming forcing 23 29 and 26 turnovers respectively in there 3 wins over TCU Maryland and Oklahoma. Without that being said im taking the Lady Vols Candice Parker is the second best player in the country behind Ladda and with Bobbitt at the point the lady Vols knock off Ole Miss for the 2nd time this year ( Tenn won first game by 12 in Knoxville) Pat Summitt is 49-0 all time against teams seeded lower then 4 in the NCAA tournament. And ole miss's coach is 1-19 vs Summitt both bad signs for the Rebs

North Carolina vs Purdue- Dont know anything about Purdue but the lady Tar Heels should cruise i think there the favorite to win it all out of all the teams left. Latta is the best player in the country and she has a great supporting cast to carry them over the lady boilermakers

kepdawg
03-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The Elite 8 for the women is going to be some great basketball

North Carolina vs Purdue- Dont know anything about Purdue but the lady Tar Heels should cruise i think there the favorite to win it all out of all the teams left. Latta is the best player in the country and she has a great supporting cast to carry them over the lady boilermakers

Latta was not impressive tonight. But it was only one game, and everyone has an off night every now and then. From what I saw, I think Purdue matches up fairly well with UNC; however, I would give the edge to UNC.

Phil C
03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Even Oklahoma got beat! :eek:

JasperDog94
03-26-2007, 09:50 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

kepdawg
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Rutgers 64 ASU 45

LSU 73 UConn 50

18handicap
03-27-2007, 06:57 AM