PDA

View Full Version : Too many choices....

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Only one "me".

Tomorrow:

High School track meet @ Llano - all day (must go watch the boy)
Varsity softball vs Hutto here - noon
Baseball vs Hutto here - 5

I really wanted to watch the girls tomorrow, but not sure I'll be back. If there's a weight man relay, I have to stay for it!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
To many choices, flip a coin!

IHS Fan
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If there's a weight man relay, I have to stay for it!

why don't they call it what it really is. when my son was in track they called the fat man relay.

Cameron Crazy
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Baseball game!

c-town_balla
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
we just call it big man rellay..........never heard it called fat man tho......

DU_stud04
03-23-2007, 11:26 PM
fat man relay out west.

kepdawg
03-23-2007, 11:27 PM
What's a weight man, big man, fat man, or whatever you call it man relay?

IHS Fan
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM
down here it was mainly for the guys that did shot put and discus. you know, the fat guys.

DU_stud04
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
down here it was mainly for the guys that did shot put and discus. you know, the fat guys. i thought to be able to compete in the fat man relay, you HAD to participate in a field event. and as for it being called anything BUT the fat man relay,.....ive just never heard it called anything else.

JR2004
03-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Only one "me".

Tomorrow:

High School track meet @ Llano - all day (must go watch the boy)
Varsity softball vs Hutto here - noon
Baseball vs Hutto here - 5

I really wanted to watch the girls tomorrow, but not sure I'll be back. If there's a weight man relay, I have to stay for it!

So they still run the fat man relay? My high school won that race at every track meet they entered way back when I was a freshman in high school.

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2007, 06:46 AM
The first time I heard "weight man" relay, I had no idea what my oldest was talking about. Then he said, fat man and I knew. :doh: :doh: I guess with not all the kids being larger, it's more accurate. It's not nice to confuse moms with being PC, though. ;)

Yes, JR, some track meets still have it. Rockdale did a few weeks ago....son ran the first leg & I missed it. :( Llano used to have it (oldest ran it there), so I'm hoping they still do.