PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys release Romo

smustangs
03-23-2007, 09:32 PM
cowboys release romo and are in contact with david carr

Keith7
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't be nervous if I were a cowboy fan.. I'd be happy because Romo was a fluke.. He would be a decent backup tho

Gsquared
Nice post

smustangs
Originally posted by Keith7
I wouldn't be nervous if I were a cowboy fan.. I'd be happy because Romo was a fluke.. He would be a decent backup tho

haha well see

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 09:35 PM
haha, you dont believe that they released him from the Pepsi Compound do you? Romo did not get released.

smustangs
03-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
haha, you dont believe that they released him from the Pepsi Compound do you? Romo did not get released.

haha

kepdawg
03-23-2007, 09:38 PM

If you were a 'boys fan you would want Johnson as your starter and Baker as your backup?

Keith7
03-23-2007, 09:38 PM

no I never believed it.. his original post had something like "i'm just joking, but i bet i had some of you cowboys fans nervous"... and thats when I replied "I wouldn't be nervous if I were a cowboy fan......."

Keith7
03-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If you were a 'boys fan you would want Johnson as your starter and Baker as your backup?

they would prolly be just as effective

smustangs

i wouldnt go that far at all

kepdawg

Just keep telling yourself that.

Keith7
03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
I believe it.. I saw Romo's rise and the start of his demise at the end of last season.. I just think he rode that emotional high and won the hearts of many cowboys fans, only to have defensive coordinators figure him out at the end of the season.. ya he had a good game against Tampa Bay but who didn't last year?? I predict the Eagles to sweep the Cowboys again this year and win the NFC East again

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, still too early to make any kind of ruling on Tony Romo but what I have seen he isnt bad, pretty decent but not the stud the Dallas media and fans have made him out to be. He for the most part wont kill you with mistakes like other Dallas QBs since Aikman and that alone will make you a stud in Dallas since the days of Aikman

kepdawg
03-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I believe it.. I saw Romo's rise and the start of his demise at the end of last season.. I just think he rode that emotional high and won the hearts of many cowboys fans, only to have defensive coordinators figure him out at the end of the season.. ya he had a good game against Tampa Bay but who didn't last year?? I predict the Eagles to sweep the Cowboys again this year and win the NFC East again

You are entitled to your opinion.

smustangs
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM

what else is new w/ the eagles they always seem to find a way to beat us

LH Panther Mom
kill you with mistakes Quincy Carter? :D

smustangs
Yeah, still too early to make any kind of ruling on Tony Romo but what I have seen he isnt bad, pretty decent but not the stud the Dallas media and fans have made him out to be. He for the most part wont kill you with mistakes like other Dallas QBs since Aikman and that alone will make you a stud in Dallas since the days of Aikman

very well put

smustangs
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Quincy Carter? :D

no kiddin

kepdawg
03-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
very well put

Indeed! I didn't know G was capable of such!

Keith7

I can live with that assessment.. I just wish they woulda gave Ryan Leaf alittle more time

smustangs
Originally posted by kepdawg
Indeed! I didn't know G was capable of such!

haha easy now

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Carr would be there back up water pretty boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hupernikomen
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I can live with that assessment.. I just wish they woulda gave Ryan Leaf alittle more time

I was agreeing with you for the most part Keith until you brought up Leaf...he is just plain horrible.

Romo make or break season is this year. With all the hype of the previous year, I think he either sinks or floats. I don't think they will keep him past this year unless he has a stellar year.

Diocletian
03-24-2007, 12:29 AM
wishful thinking there with this topic

but imagine this one

Carr with parcells--ifhedidntretire
Romo goes to Chicago--get's to fumble a snap in a superbowl
Bleds to the Raiders--Moss and Porter
Det gets Quin--with those receivers and Martz

4 scenerios where i'd have to invest into Direct TV, but we all know it'd never happen

and one more

Vince Young beats the texans in the playoffs lol

smustangs
03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
wishful thinking there with this topic

but imagine this one

Carr with parcells--ifhedidntretire
Romo goes to Chicago--get's to fumble a snap in a superbowl
Bleds to the Raiders--Moss and Porter
Det gets Quin--with those receivers and Martz

4 scenerios where i'd have to invest into Direct TV, but we all know it'd never happen

and one more

Vince Young beats the texans in the playoffs lol

not wishful thinkin me being a cowboys fan wants to hang onto romo, it was joke after the texans released carr just bored

tuff26
03-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Good - Saw him play 3 times in Dallas he did add to the excitment in the stands though

pirate4state
03-24-2007, 11:10 AM
HAHA very funny *censored* (said in my best Eddie Murphy voice :evillol: )

piratebg
03-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Again, I fell for this too. I must have left my brain in be today. :foul:

Macarthur
03-24-2007, 01:58 PM

Here's the deal. He's still young and will have some growing pains, but what he did his first 5 games or so is truly unprescedented in the league, with maybe the exception of Kurt Warner. Romo and Warner are the only two in the history of the league to have that kind of success that early.

We shouldn't be casting his bust for Canton. It remains to be seen just how good he will be, but what he did was no fluke.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
but what he did was no fluke.
:thumbsup: The defense was the problem and mostly when they played zone they were lost on who to cover. Offensive Coordinator then would get away from the run and go passing to keep up. When the whole team plays as a unit they will be hard to beat if they can play like that in every game.

Hansum Stranger
03-24-2007, 04:10 PM

Fluke? I guess Texas Tech beating Cal in the Holiday Bowl was a fluke also. :rolleyes: