PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Song......

ILS1
03-23-2007, 07:10 PM
..........you hear today and it takes you back to a moment in time that you'll always remember. It can be about an event or person that you remember. And you remember where you were at and who you were with when it came on. And it still takes you back there when you hear it!!!!!!! For me its:

Dust In The Wind-Kansas

It ALWAYS reminds me of my late mother!!! Heard it about 30 minutes ago!!!

Take Your Time Do It Right-SOS Band

I remember hanging out at an old friend's house on the porch. Just enjoying a cold snow cone on a hot summer day!!!

Maroon87
03-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Man..there are soooo many!

I always hear "Open Arms" by Journey and immediately think of my 7th grade Valentine's Dance. I danced to it with the prettiest girl in our class. Man I was nervous!!:eek:

Good times, man. Good times:cool:

mustang59
03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
..........you hear today and it takes you back to a moment in time that you'll always remember. It can be about an event or person that you remember. And you remember where you were at and who you were with when it came on. And it still takes you back there when you hear it!!!!!!! For me its:

Dust In The Wind-Kansas

It ALWAYS reminds me of my late mother!!! Heard it about 30 minutes ago!!!

Take Your Time Do It Right-SOS Band

I remember hanging out at an old friend's house on the porch. Just enjoying a cold snow cone on a hot summer day!!!
My son is here and was playing his guitar about an hour ago. I asked if he knew "Dust in the Wind" and he played it. Beautiful song.

smustangs
03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
My son is here and was playing his guitar about an hour ago. I asked if he knew "Dust in the Wind" and he played it. Beautiful song.

dust in the wind makes me thing of pre cal and coach mayes he used to play it a lot

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Old Rugged Cross

It's a beautiful song. For the past 20+ years, every time I hear or sing it, I get tears in my eyes.....that's when my mother told me she wanted it sung at her funeral. That and she doesn't want her casket open at the front of the church for people to "gawk at her". ;) (She is still alive.....)