PDA

View Full Version : UT offers a scholarship to Blake Gideon

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:36 PM
He is a safety at Leander, TX and is supposed to be very good. Coach Brown sure does like to offer scholarships to defensive backs.

Phil C
04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
This is no April Fool's Joke.

Word is that he has verbally accepted UT's offer. I think except for maybe three more scholarships that UT is finished for 2008 as far as recruiting goes.

Phil C
04-01-2007, 09:21 AM
This makes 18 verbal committments to UT for the 2008 class. I don't expect Texas to have more than 3 or 4 more slots for this class unless someone really great wants to come.

JR2004
04-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Things will change before next February. Kids change their mind on what school they want to attend pretty often. I'm sure there will be a few different names on the list when they all go sign their letter of intent.

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He is a safety at Leander, TX and is supposed to be very good. Coach Brown sure does like to offer scholarships to defensive backs.

after the "TOAST" secondary last season the more bodies the more likely they can find someone to cover a reciever.

g$$
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
after the "TOAST" secondary last season the more bodies the more likely they can find someone to cover a reciever.

I am an Aggie, but Texas' problems in the secondary had more to do with the front 7 & injuries than anything else. The LBs were avg. all year & getting a pass rush was difficult (DEs were good, DTs were not). Texas played more zone then usual to cover up deficiencies elsewhere. I have no doubt they will return to an aggressive 4-3 soon.

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am an Aggie, but Texas' problems in the secondary had more to do with the front 7 & injuries than anything else. The LBs were avg. all year & getting a pass rush was difficult (DEs were good, DTs were not). Texas played more zone then usual to cover up deficiencies elsewhere. I have no doubt they will return to an aggressive 4-3 soon.

I am not sure UT will have the hosses at linebacker and the front to be as blitz happy as they want to be. I think we will really see how good Sergio Kindle is going to be this season as I can imagine he will play ALOT!

JR2004
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I am not sure UT will have the hosses at linebacker and the front to be as blitz happy as they want to be. I think we will really see how good Sergio Kindle is going to be this season as I can imagine he will play ALOT!

Sergio is playing on the wrong side of the ball.

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Sergio is playing on the wrong side of the ball.
see how well I have kept up this spring after suffering through the last 3 games last season. Where did they move him?

g$$
04-01-2007, 05:05 PM

I have heard from some people close to the program that Kindle will play LB of course, then be a goal line back on offense. He is one heck of an athlete & no doubt he can do it. Texas will need better play from their front 7 b/c that secondary will be young. Should be interesting.

Last year vs. Texas, A&M dominated the line of scrimmage. Then in the bowl game Cal dominated A&M big-time.

KTA
04-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Sergio is playing on the wrong side of the ball

you aint lying, didnt he average like 10 yards per a carry in high school.

Phil C
04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Things will change before next February. Kids change their mind on what school they want to attend pretty often. I'm sure there will be a few different names on the list when they all go sign their letter of intent.

You are right there JR but so far UT has been lucky about their verbals staying committed. They have lost maybe one or two each year but on the whole they have done excellent in getting them signed in February. This last year we lost two and I think one the year before.