PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys sign Safety Ken Hamlin

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Cowboys sign free agent S Ken Hamlin

March 23, 2007
IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) -- The Dallas Cowboys provided Roy Williams with a running mate Friday, signing free safety Ken Hamlin to bolster their defensive backfield.

Terms were not disclosed. The Dallas Morning News reported on its web site that the veteran safety inked a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.

Hamlin, 26, spent his first four seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, recording 298 tackles, four sacks and eight interceptions in 54 career games.

The 6-2 Hamlin told the Cowboys' official web site that he is looking forward to playing alongside Williams, a Pro Bowl strong safety who thrives against the run but often has struggled in pass coverage.

"Definitely, it would let Roy do his thing," Hamlin said. "It would let Roy be more of a playmaker."

A 2003 second-round pick, Hamlin had 96 tackles, two sacks and three interceptions last season. He appeared in just six games in 2005 before suffering a season-ending head injury in an off-field incident.

Updated on Friday, Mar 23, 2007 4:15 pm EDT

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Good move! Now the Boys can take the best available player in the draft since they don't really have any starting positions open!

BuffyMars
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Who wants to win a 6th SB ring?

I do! I do! :D

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I still think Reggie Nelson is their best option if he's available. Then again...this pick could open up the possibility for a 3rd WR to be picked up should one be available.

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I still think Reggie Nelson is their best option if he's available. Then again...this pick could open up the possibility for a 3rd WR to be picked up should one be available.

I wont be surprised if they pick up another second round pick with a trade unless something amazing falls in their lap with 22nd pick