PDA

View Full Version : Southlake Carroll to play Florida school

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2007, 03:44 PM
link (http://hs.beloblog.com)

Southlake Carroll will face off against a Miami school that has dominated Class 6A in Florida next year! Could this be the first step to a national playoff???

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Will this one be televised? If so, it will definitely be worth a look.

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought they were going to play Lakeland FL...

this wont be the first step towards a national playoff. This isn't any different then Evangel, Curtis, Hoover, De La Salle, Tulsa Union, and the Texas schools mixing it up with each other most years.

The game I want to see is SLC vs Indepdence out of Charlotte. The coach there keeps dodging the good out of state schools so that he doesn't lose his long winning streak. It's a sham... :mad:

Fotbol
03-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
link (http://hs.beloblog.com)

Southlake Carroll will face off against a Miami school that has dominated Class 6A in Florida next year! Could this be the first step to a national playoff??? Carroll had better put their track shoes on, those schools in Florida have kids that are very fast, Florida Fast, This should be a good game.

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Will this one be televised? If so, it will definitely be worth a look.

You would think ESPN will pick it up. I wonder when a HS game will finally go HD??? :D

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
SLC should have waited because they have a new coach coming in with a new system. :(

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SLC should have waited because they have a new coach coming in with a new system. :(

They'll still be running the same system. That was a key point in hiring Wasson in that he had been in the SLC system until 2 years ago.

olddawggreen
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You would think ESPN will pick it up. I wonder when a HS game will finally go HD??? :D

Its my understanding that ESPN will carry the game nationally. I believe it will be Carroll's second game of the season.:eek:

olddawggreen
03-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

This has been in the works for some time. It was actually started before Dodge knew he was going to North Texas.

tigerpride_08
03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
if i can i'll deff tune in to watch this game...

District303aPastPlayer
03-25-2007, 11:39 AM
it'll either be on a thursday or saturday, because the UIL won't bend in its rule of not televising games that are friday night...

Matthew328
03-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm hoping its a Saturday

olddawggreen
03-25-2007, 07:44 PM
It's official: Southlake Carroll vs. Miami Northwestern

Skokie, IL: Paragon Marketing Group in association with Dallas-based TITUS Sports Marketing announced today that it has arranged for a high school football contest to be played featuring Miami Northwestern Senior High School (Miami, Florida) and Carroll Senior High School, (Southlake, Texas) on Saturday, September 15, 2007.

The game will be held in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area at a venue that is to be determined. It's likely to be SMU, but details haven't been finalized. Northwestern is setting up a team trip for a walk-through practice and news conference in Dallas during May.

As far as future games, which could be schedule to be played in Arlington's new JerryWorld in 2009, SLC athletic director Ronnie Tipps said Carroll maintains the same philosophy it had with former coach Todd Dodge. Carroll will play national opponents, but only in Texas. Talking with coaches of teams who'd made national trips early in the season, Dodge said those coaches believed the early hoopla and travel jeopardized the flow of the whole season, which is set to advance in the state playoffs.

The match-up will feature two of the top-rated teams in the nation as
Southlake Carroll finished the 2006 campaign with a 16-0 record and a
No. 1 ranking in the USA Today Prep Football Super 25. Carroll is
currently riding a 48-game winning streak, is 79-1 since 2002 and has
won four of the last five Texas 5A State Championships, including
three in a row (2002, 2004-06). The Dragons are led by a pair of
University of Texas commitments, quarterback Riley Dodge, who threw
for 4,184 yards and 54 TDs last season, and running back Tre Newton,
who ran for over 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. The Dragons high-powered
offense averaged 44.3 points per game last season and returns nine
starters.

"There has been quite a bit of interest in the Carroll Dragons playing
a nationally-ranked opponent," said Carroll Athletic Director Ronnie
Tipps. "These two teams are recognized by many as having the top high
school football programs in their respective states. It ought to be a
very exciting match-up."

Miami Northwestern finished the 2006 season with a 15-0 record and won
the FHSAA Class 6A Football Championship. Miami Northwestern ended
last season ranked No. 5 in the USA Today Prep Football Super 25. The
2007 team returns seven starters on offense including quarterback
Jacory Harris (2,920 yards passing and 37 TDs) and WR Aldarius Johnson
(1,361 receiving yards, 19 TDs). The defense limited opponents to 6.4
points per game last season and produced seven consecutive shutouts.
Six starters return for the Bulls on defense including defense tackle
Marcus Forston (20 sacks) and linebacker Sean Spence (151 tackles).

“It’s an honor to play against the No. 1 team in Texas and a program
as distinguished as Southlake Carroll. We hear great things about
Texas high school football and are anxious to see how we match up with
them,” said Miami Northwestern Head Football Coach Roland Smith.

JR2004
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I work with a guy who just moved up here from Florida. Someone brought up that these two schools were playing and he said that Northwestern is always loaded with great athletes, but I don't think he believes they'll win against Southlake.

Matthew328
03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
In this streak Carroll has beaten fast teams, big teams, everyone....its hard to pick against those guys they are just so good and execute to near perfection