PDA

View Full Version : Texans release former No. 1 pick Carr

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
The Houston Texans have released quarterback David Carr a day after acquiring quarterback Matt Schaub in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons.

Carr was the first overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft and leaves the Texans as the franchise's all-time leading passer with 13,391 yards and 59 touchdowns in five seasons. Carr had a 22-53 record as a starter for Houston.

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I just don't understand. Why couldn't they have done this prior to last years draft??? :doh:

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I always thought Carr was a good QB. Hopefully, he well get picked up by a team with a better line and then things will start going really good for him.

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I just don't understand. Why couldn't they have done this prior to last years draft??? :doh:
One of two things...

1) Kubiak felt that he could work with Carr in spite of the poor OL play and develop his talent.
2) Casserly wanted to make sure to screw over the Texans as much as possible before leaving after the draft.

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
One of two things...

1) Kubiak felt that he could work with Carr in spite of the poor OL play and develop his talent.
2) Casserly wanted to make sure to screw over the Texans as much as possible before leaving after the draft.

So, after ONE year he decides it didn't work out?? I'm glad I'm not a Texan fan.

burnet44
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
find a qb who can do well running for his life?

no body

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Carr will end up in Minnesota as the Vikings starter next year...Mark my words...

He's an above average QB with below average talent surrounding him in Houston...he'll fit in nicely in Minnesota's development of their young wide ous.

smustangs
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Carr will end up in Minnesota as the Vikings starter next year...Mark my words...

He's an above average QB with below average talent surrounding him in Houston...he'll fit in nicely in Minnesota's development of their young wide ous.

Sounds good to me but miami may be after him heavy too

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
The reason I said Minnesota is he only has to beat out Brooks Bollinger, Tavarius Jackson, and Drew Henson to get the gig...he'd have to compete with Culpepper in Miami...Dolphins will definitely be interested, but if I'm Carr, I'm taking the sure thing and heading to Minny.

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
One of two things...

You are probably right on both points especially No. 2 Ad but the owner is still ultimately responsible. He could have put his foot down and made them draft VY.

piratebg
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You are probably right on both points especially No. 2 Ad but the owner is still ultimately responsible. He could have put his foot down and made them draft VY.

Not even VY could have saved that team. He is a better runner than Carr, no doubt, but he'd be constantly be on the run from the second the ball is snapped. The offensive line has always been the problem.

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:19 PM
They probably could have got something with a trade. I am glad I am not as strong a Texan fan as I am a Cowboy fan.

big daddy russ
03-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The reason I said Minnesota is he only has to beat out Brooks Bollinger, Tavarius Jackson, and Drew Henson to get the gig...he'd have to compete with Culpepper in Miami...Dolphins will definitely be interested, but if I'm Carr, I'm taking the sure thing and heading to Minny.
Besides that, Miami's o-line is almost as pitiful as Houston's. At least Minny's is halfway decent.

carter08
03-23-2007, 07:09 PM
The Houston O-Line improved last season. Carr did not. Wish they could have gotten a 4th for him, but oh well

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
dangit!!!! i didnt see there was a thread about it already.

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHH THE IRONY!!!!!!! the year VY makes rookie of the year, and becomes the first rooke to play in the pro-bowl...and the Houston Texans HAVE GOT to be kicking themselves for picking a DE over the great VY. irony is such sweet sorrow. it really sucks that they made such a dumb mistake. but i guess like the lions, someone has to be the underdog.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Houston Texans have released quarterback David Carr

Carr was the first overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft and leaves the Texans as the franchise's all-time leading passer .

He,s the all time leading passer for the franchise? That dont mean much he was the only passer they had!:rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2007, 06:37 PM
David Carr: Might be Headed to Minnesota

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Update: One possible destination for Carr, who was released by the Texans Friday, could be Minnesota, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Vikes' coach Brad Childress had said the team wouldn't give up a draft choice for Carr because he never has liked the quarterback's mechanics. That said, now that Carr is a free agent, the Vikings could decide that said mechanics are worth working on. Oakland, Cleveland and Miami also have been mentioned as possible destinations for the number one overall pick in the 2002 draft.

:D :D :D :nerd: