PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Pledge!

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
https://img.getactivehub.com/an2/custom_images/humane/seals071_hbtext.jpg

Sign the pledge here. (https://community.hsus.org/campaign/protectseals/forward/wd7e6nbr1wiitd7?)

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Wow. I saw the dude with the stick and I thought this thread was a joke. :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Wow. I saw the dude with the stick and I thought this thread was a joke. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:evillol: I couldn't help but laugh. Sue me!

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

One of the few times I will disagree with you. That is outright sad.

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
One of the few times I will disagree with you. That is outright sad.

I'm sure it is sad, but that picture looks fake and just crazy that I couldn't help but laugh. I'm also very tired and haven't had much sleep this week so that could have ALOT to do with why I find it so funny or I could just be a heartless *****!! :o

stangGirl2007
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I clicked on the link just to see what happend. Why did it already have a name filled out??:doh:

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
I clicked on the link just to see what happend. Why did it already have a name filled out??:doh:

It was probably my name since I posted the referral link. :p

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
This is the right link (https://community.hsus.org/campaign/protectseals?rk=%5f7LimdE1JQF1E)

smustangs
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

same here its cruel but i cant help but laugh

BuffyMars
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
I definitely signed it. Now I hope to let all of the local businesses know as well.

I swear, sometimes, I think I am Noah reincarnate.

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I definitely signed it. Now I hope to let all of the local businesses know as well.

I swear, sometimes, I think I am Noah reincarnate.

You'd get along with my fiancee very well. I swear our house is gonna be an animal farm when we finally buy one. :p

Hansum Stranger
03-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I think we as American's need to leave other countries alone to do as they wish. We should just worry about us only. :rolleyes:

Funny how you want to help an animal but when a tyrant is gassing and killing innocent people we should mind our own business.

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I guess its sad in a way but its all about survial of the fittest, the food chain and culture. This is part of Inuit (and the like) culture as much as hs football has been in our Texas culture. Theres probably a petition floating around in India requesting American citizens take that rib eye off our table. Its not pretty but thats the way it is. One thing is I would think there would be a more humane way of killing the seal and if that is your argument then yeah, I agree.

Buccaneer
03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Mmmmmm Seal It is delcious pan fried right next to the potatoes!

shankbear
03-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Dang straight....killem and grill em.

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Any of you guys had cougar meat or whooping crane? Tree huggers in Cali hate it , I love it. Good eating

smustangs
03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Any of you guys had cougar meat or whooping crane? Tree huggers in Cali hate it , I love it. Good eating

i hear they taste like bald eagle

garageoffice
03-23-2007, 10:01 PM
You know, I just have to laugh at people who are so up in arms about saving this or stopping the cruelty to that. Unless people are going overboard and affecting the balance of nature in a very negative way, it's just not that big of a deal. Trust me, some guy bashing a seal over the head with a heavy stick doesn't cause nearly as much suffering as a polar bear getting it's teeth into one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should be unnecessarily or intentionally cruel to animals, but when we are so concerned about the suffering of an animal that was raised to be food that we legislate the manner in which it can be killed in order to reduce it's suffering we've just stepped over the line. Either way, it's DEAD. Every day, all over the world, animal on animal crime [ :D ] causes much more pain and suffering than man's activities, some of which results in lives lived with unnecessary handicaps (but not for long).

If I'm gonna eat chicken, why does it matter if the chicken had it's neck wrung, was decapitated, or was shot in the head? Just go spend some time in the country or on a ranch and watch nature in all is bloody glory.

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i hear they taste like bald eagle
We should ice a coupla kegs of Shiner and have a bald eagle and snow owl cook out some where.

smustangs
03-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
We should ice a coupla kegs of Shiner and have a bald eagle and snow owl cook out some where.

come on over you get the snow owl ill provide the eagle might even throw in some panda steaks for the heck of it

Gsquared
03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
come on over you get the snow owl ill provide the eagle might even throw in some panda steaks for the heck of it
Ok, its on like Donkey Kong!!!!!

bobcat1
03-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
I think we as American's need to leave other countries alone to do as they wish. We should just worry about us only. :rolleyes:

Funny how you want to help an animal but when a tyrant is gassing and killing innocent people we should mind our own business.

This Hansum Stranger guy is getting smarter as he grows older. I totally agree with him! (scary):D

These people have been doing this for years. They haven't killed them out yet have they? Think about how many of them would starve to death if they weren't harvested. Imagine hundreds of years of them all over the place.

I say Whack 'em and Stack 'em if they want. It's not my pet nor yours.:hand:

Gobbla2001
03-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Canada hasn't discovered guns yet?

if you gotta kill 'em, you gotta kill 'em... just do it quickly, in the head, with a gun, while petting the animal and feeding it a puppy-treat...

JR2004
03-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
You know, I just have to laugh at people who are so up in arms about saving this or stopping the cruelty to that. Unless people are going overboard and affecting the balance of nature in a very negative way, it's just not that big of a deal. Trust me, some guy bashing a seal over the head with a heavy stick doesn't cause nearly as much suffering as a polar bear getting it's teeth into one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should be unnecessarily or intentionally cruel to animals, but when we are so concerned about the suffering of an animal that was raised to be food that we legislate the manner in which it can be killed in order to reduce it's suffering we've just stepped over the line. Either way, it's DEAD. Every day, all over the world, animal on animal crime [ :D ] causes much more pain and suffering than man's activities, some of which results in lives lived with unnecessary handicaps (but not for long).

If I'm gonna eat chicken, why does it matter if the chicken had it's neck wrung, was decapitated, or was shot in the head? Just go spend some time in the country or on a ranch and watch nature in all is bloody glory.

Amen to that...

And if there's a pledge that goes around to help support their right to kill those seals HOWEVER THEY WANT TO DO IT, I'll be the first to sign it. It's a seal for crying out loud! I wish these people who are so fanatical about saving seals and golden cheeked warblers would go invest their time into something worthwhile like, oh I don't know, helping other human beings who need a helping hand.

bobcat1
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Canada hasn't discovered guns yet?

if you gotta kill 'em, you gotta kill 'em... just do it quickly, in the head, with a gun, while petting the animal and feeding it a puppy-treat... LMAO!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: