PDA

View Full Version : Do-It-Yourself Projects (Home and Car)

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
How many of you do your own home improvement work? How about installing electronics at home and in vehicles?

I've done a lot of both----and I have reached one undeniable conclusion---I am too old for this stuff! :D

Several years ago the wife and I tore out all of our wood paneling and carpets. Went back with painted walls and wood and tile floors. Re-modeled 2 bathrooms and are starting on the kitchen.

I have installed a few AV systems, satellites, stereos, etc. in the house, but my main projects have been in interfacing the computers with my ham radio equipment. Just finished installing a second ham rig and antenna in my truck. Found out that it takes me a week now to do what I used to accomplish in 1 day---plus I'm one heck of lot more sore. :D

RM is the queen of handywomen----she has re-modeled one of everything in her house. Women + power tools= deadly combo. :D

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic RM is the queen of handywomen----she has re-modeled one of everything in her house. Women + power tools= deadly combo. :D

I would agree Bull....not many of us are that talented in the power tool department. I can handle a lawnmower and weedeater, though I truly prefer not to. ;)

Oh...and I can operate the hedge trimmer...man, those things are dangerous!

You can forget anything electronic...I can't even record on my VCR. Sounds like you are doing enough of the electronics installation for both of us though.:D

stangGirl2007
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

RM is the queen of handywomen----she has re-modeled one of everything in her house. Women + power tools= deadly combo. :D

Did you fix those doors yet RM??:)

I would hope to be more handy than my mom someday.. if someone gave her a power tool I wold be scared to death!

:eek:

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I like to paint. :D

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I like to paint. :D

Whatever you charge--it ain't enough, Rita. I can't stand to paint. Besides, my wife says I never paint right, anyhow.

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Whatever you charge--it ain't enough, Rita. I can't stand to paint. Besides, my wife says I never paint right, anyhow.

I loved it!! In true mexican fashion :D every room in my home is a different color!!! HAHA. I only love painting, MY house.

Have a good weekend!!

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Several years ago the wife and I tore out all of our wood paneling and carpets. Went back with painted walls and wood and tile floors. Re-modeled 2 bathrooms and are starting on the kitchen.

"Re-modeled 2 bathrooms and are starting..."
ROFL! I thought you were going to say "starting over". :D :doh:

garageoffice
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had LOTS of experience with various projects at home and in the vehicles, but I have to admit...sometimes I feel more like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor than Bob Vila! :D

lepfan
03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
I have done my share of remodeling and even taking a blank piece of land and building everything from scratch...I agree I AM TOO OLD to keep doing it! When we buy a house in Louisiana I told my husband it will be a NON fixer upper. (he can do anything you want done to a car...and he enjoys it...he HATES honey-dos around the house) If we have to build again we will do that...but I am putting away my remodel tools.