PDA

View Full Version : And The New Sinton Head Coach Is...........

Bubba-Joe
03-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Got a word from the vine that the new man in Pirate land is coming from out West

all you Sinton fans --- GET A (HOLT) OF YOURSELVES ...............

piratebg
03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Is it true? Do we have our new AD?

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
:doh:

:hairpunk:

:speech:

:helpme:

:bigcry:

Phil C
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
If it is true I wonder if he will be presented at the baseball and softball games tonight.

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh:

:hairpunk:

:speech:

:helpme:

:bigcry:

Why so blue, panda bear?:confused:

nevermind, I know you won't say anything anyway....

Phil C
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I heard it was going to be announced next Friday (March 30).

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Why so blue, panda bear?:confused:

nevermind, I know you won't say anything anyway....

I have not heard anything official. Just liked what I was hearing about the other guy. ;)

Bubba-Joe
03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If it is true I wonder if he will be presented at the baseball and softball games tonight.

HOLT don't know how to find those playing surfaces......
look for him in the weight room, and on the football field-- well he might make a showing at whatever track meet the Pirates are running in this weekend........

Phil C
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Bubba is usually right about these kind of things.

Johnny Utah
03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Big Spring to Sinton? He has been a lot of places in the last few years.

Bubba-Joe
03-23-2007, 03:29 PM
HOLT last 3 stops

Pirate
Steer
Duck

hummmmmm

Quack Quack

Mooooooooooo

Arrrrggggg

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Call me stubborn, but I won't believe it until I actually see him here.

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I think I'll wait for an official announcement too.

Bubba-Joe
03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Stubborn
hey you said to call you it........

Bubba-Joe
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I guess my source is wrong
at least they are being questioned very stongly

Maybe Sinton don't want Holt to be the new Man

Hey its called a rumor for a reason

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
I guess my source is wrong
at least they are being questioned very stongly

Maybe Sinton don't want Holt to be the new Man

Hey its called a rumor for a reason

:D

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Man this is more exciting than the 2000 Presidential Election.

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Man this is more exciting than the 2000 Presidential Election.

And as drawn out, too....:D

Phil C
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And as drawn out, too....:D

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

swarm
03-23-2007, 05:26 PM
You all are wrong

LOL

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Man this is more exciting than the 2000 Presidential Election. I heard the new guy is Chad Somebodyorother. :p ;)

(Please Dear Lord....don't make me have to explain it. ;) )

pirate4state
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I heard the new guy is Chad Somebodyorother. :p ;)

(Please Dear Lord....don't make me have to explain it. ;) )

:D :nerd:

piratebg
03-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Why you gotta bring Chad into this?

tuff26
03-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Why you gotta bring Chad into this?

NO, NO, NO :confused: :(

Phantom Stang
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Don't know much about Chad, except I've heard he's hung.

sinton66
03-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Don't know much about Chad, except I've heard he's hung.

Wrong Chad, that one's in Florida.:D

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't know much about Chad, except I've heard he's hung. :nerd: :nerd: Glad someone else got it. :D ;)

(Sometimes my subtle humor gets lost & becomes a lame attempt.... :p )

Gp83
03-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I know Holt and he's a good man and great coach. He also has a super athlete sophmore son who could help ya out.

Maroon87
03-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
I know Holt and he's a good man and great coach. He also has a super athlete sophmore son who could help ya out.

Hmmm...you mean other schools do that too?:thinking: :p

ol country boy
03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I heard holt no showed for his 2nd interview.;)

Phil C
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
I heard holt no showed for his 2nd interview.;)

Why not?

:eek:

piratebg
03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Either he had a change in heart, or he knows the job is going to someone else.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Either he had a change in heart, or he knows the job is going to someone else. think the job has been offered to LH OC. anybody see the news on Friday? Channel 6?

sinton66
03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I heard from a local resident at the softball game Friday night that said they reported him being a finalist.

koach55
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
last night at the Rays game I heard there was some controversy in the final 2.

sinton66
03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
There have been rumors who they were, and different names have been mentioned in different venues. As of Friday night, NO one had both right. That's the only controversy I know of. The second one is still somewhat a mystery.

sinton66
03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Last I heard, the plan is to make the announcement tomorrow.

Sinton94
03-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Any new news this morning?

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 09:24 AM
No new news :nerd:

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I figured Sinton would hire a current head coach! Guess I figured wrong!

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I think it will be great for the coaches that are staying. :) If they hire someone who is currently a HC the chances are greater that he'd be bringing in new coaches.

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I think it will be great for the coaches that are staying. :) If they hire someone who is currently a HC the chances are greater that he'd be bringing in new coaches.

But its just as important for a first year head coach to bring "his guys" with him. Coaches network big time. For instance...a buddy of mine is looking to get his first head coaching joba nd he already knows who his OC, DC and ST guy will be.

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
But its just as important for a first year head coach to bring "his guys" with him. Coaches network big time. For instance...a buddy of mine is looking to get his first head coaching joba nd he already knows who his OC, DC and ST guy will be.

Yes, I know, but I'M selfish. There are certain coaches that I want to stay put!!! :D

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, I know, but I'M selfish. There are certain coaches that I want to stay put!!! :D

My philosophy is...and I believe MANY coaches would agree with this....

When a new head coach is hired they should have the chance to interview with the current staff before contracts are given. The head coach should have a say so as to who stays and who should look for another job. Basically, they should all be allowed to interview for their current jobs. Doesnt sound fair but this new head coach needs to have a staff in place that he can trust with his job. The wins-losses will be on HIS record and not the assistants. The tricky part is when the assistant football coaches are also head coaches of other sports. That gets tough. As far as non-football coaches, there is no reason why they shouldnt't be allowed to stay as long as they've done a good job.

Phil C
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
My philosophy is...and I believe MANY coaches would agree with this....

When a new head coach is hired they should have the chance to interview with the current staff before contracts are given. The head coach should have a say so as to who stays and who should look for another job. Basically, they should all be allowed to interview for their current jobs. Doesnt sound fair but this new head coach needs to have a staff in place that he can trust with his job. The wins-losses will be on HIS record and not the assistants. The tricky part is when the assistant football coaches are also head coaches of other sports. That gets tough. As far as non-football coaches, there is no reason why they shouldnt't be allowed to stay as long as they've done a good job.

We have certain coaches that not only coach other sports but are very successful that P4S and other taxpayers want to keep. This situation is one of those give and take issues.

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
We have certain coaches that not only coach other sports but are very successful that P4S and other taxpayers want to keep. This situation is one of those give and take issues.

Thats a very tough situation for a new coach. And I'm sure that is a situation that turned many successful head coaches away that might have initially looked at that job. When the "taxpayers" voice what they want and they believe they are owed something then its a no-win situation for the new head coach.

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats a very tough situation for a new coach. And I'm sure that is a situation that turned many successful head coaches away that might have initially looked at that job. When the "taxpayers" voice what they want and they believe they are owed something then its a no-win situation for the new head coach.

Keep the Guys Baseball, Girls softball, and girls track coaches and i think everyone will be happy... I think the guys baseball and girls track coaches have jobs for life here honestly...

Phil C
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM

But there are other sports besides football that deserve good head coaches too. You don't just want to someone to hire a good assistant football coach but also get a mediocre basketball coach. Besides in Sinton our other successful assistant coaches have done well with working with new coaches. And for sure no way do we want our baseball coach to not be hired back. And I would prefer as a taxpayer who just paid mucho school tax money to keep our softball and women's track and field coach.

Phil C
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Keep the Guys Baseball, Girls softball, and girls track coaches and i think everyone will be happy... I think the guys baseball and girls track coaches have jobs for life here honestly...

Amen!

Bubba-Joe
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
But there are other sports besides football that deserve good head coaches too. You don't just want to someone to hire a good assistant football coach but also get a mediocre basketball coach. Besides in Sinton our other successful assistant coaches have done well with working with new coaches. And for sure no way do we want our baseball coach to not be hired back. And I would prefer as a taxpayer who just paid mucho school tax money to keep our softball and women's track and field coach.
Sounds like you need to run for and get elected to the School Board.
Truthfully...

Most places that aint the way it works...

the Head Football coach (especially in Texas) has to surround himself with the people that he knows and trust, these other people you mention may be fine coaches and great at the sport they are in charge of, But if the head man doesnt think he can trust them, they need to start looking elsewhere.
Football is King in Texas!!!

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I dont know anything about the coaches there and dont really care but I see your point about the success of some of the coaches. THe thing is...they need to make sure they are totally on board with what the head football coach is wanting to do if they are an assistant football coach. Another question...what does you being a taxpayer have anything to do with the hirings?

big daddy russ
03-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Alright, I'm a little behind on all of this, but is this the same Holt that used to coach at GW and G-P?

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Sounds like you need to run for and get elected to the School Board.
Truthfully...

Most places that aint the way it works...

the Head Football coach (especially in Texas) has to surround himself with the people that he knows and trust, these other people you mention may be fine coaches and great at the sport they are in charge of, But if the head man doesnt think he can trust them, they need to start looking elsewhere.
Football is King in Texas!!!

thats fine to think that about every place, but seriously, here, the girls track and boys baseball coach have been through EVERY AD/HC since about 85... they arent going anywhere...

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Alright, I'm a little behind on all of this, but is this the same Holt that used to coach at GW and G-P?

from what i gather, yes

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
whoever it is is currently at Liberty Hill right?

rgn4fb
03-26-2007, 10:24 AM
thats fine to think that about every place, but seriously, here, the girls track and boys baseball coach have been through EVERY AD/HC since about 85... they arent going anywhere... Actually Girls Track came in the 88-89 school year, which is just 1 AD fewer than Coach K.

rgn4fb
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Alright, I'm a little behind on all of this, but is this the same Holt that used to coach at GW and G-P? Holt is NOT the one who was offered the job.

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Actually Girls Track came in the 88-89 school year, which is just 1 AD fewer than Coach K.

either way, i dont think anyone has been as successful at any sport in south texas as they have been...

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
And if all of the coaches are allowed to stay "because they've been there forever" then the town "taxpayers" should have no complaints if and when the head football coach isn't successful on the football field.

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:30 AM
And if all of the coaches are allowed to stay "because they've been there forever" then the town "taxpayers" should have no complaints if and when the head football coach isn't successful on the football field.

We're talking about the DE coach and the Secondary coach...

who happen to be winners of a over a combined 30 district championships in 2 sports i believe... you wouldnt understand if you didn't live here...

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
We're talking about the DE coach and the Secondary coach...

who happen to be winners of a over a combined 30 district championships in 2 sports i believe... you wouldnt understand if you didn't live here...

Believe me..i do understand. So what you are saying is the Secondary coach and DE coach isnt that important?

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Believe me..i do understand. So what you are saying is the Secondary coach and DE coach isnt that important?

no, what i'm saying is this... if this athletic program loses those two coaches... it will be one of the greater losses we have experienced...

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 10:36 AM

Not all of the coaches have been here forever. Just two of them and getting rid of them would be stupid. They are proven winners and only one of them still coaches football.

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:36 AM
no, what i'm saying is this... if this athletic program loses those two coaches... it will be one of the greater losses we have experienced...

i totally understand....I just hope they get fully on board with what the new head coach is wanting to do and then there are no problems what so ever!!!

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
i totally understand....I just hope they get fully on board with what the new head coach is wanting to do and then there are no problems what so ever!!!

they always do.

ha, and the baseball coach is the HEAD of the History Dept at the HS...

rgn4fb
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
This is pretty interesting. A fan's view vs. a coach's view.

District303aPastPlayer
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM

that just clicked when you said it.... great point

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 10:42 AM

I understand both views. I'm all for a HC getting to choose his staff, that's why we are even in this mess :mad: but I digress. :devil:

All I was saying is that I'm selfish. I want 3 coaches to stay put!!

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:42 AM

yep!

Bullaholic
03-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Not all of the coaches have been here forever. Just two of them and getting rid of them would be stupid. They are proven winners and only one of them still coaches football.

P4S, I understand your desire to keep proven coaches, but my $.02, as an "outsider", is that a new AD/HC has got to be allowed to hire his own staff, or most coaches worth their salt won't consider a job unless they are given that latitude. Fortunately, the really good coaches do try to interview the existing coaches to see if they are really that outstanding, and will try to retain some that are. However, if the new coach has coaches who "follow" him---then this probably won't apply. Several of your existing coaches do have impressive winning records, but sometimes you have to be willing to let them go in order that the new head coach can have the best shot at bringing home a state title (no criticism intended towards the existing coaches who have not yet won a state title). If the majority of the Sinton community wants to retain several of the existing coaches, then their best option would be to promote one of them to AD/HC.

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:56 AM
good luck tot he new guy....have a lot of work ahead for you. Hopefully he doesnt have anyone to bring in with him and it all goes smoothly and the taxpayers stay happy!! HAHA ;)

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
the best thing a new head coach can do is drop any ego he may have and hire coaches that are better coaches then he is!!

koach55
03-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Basketball coach has a State Champion Ring in Football as Defensive Coordinator.

Junior High Coordinator has a State Champion ring in football as a Defensive Coordinator. 17 years as an AD and 9 playoff experiences as had a head coach.

The remaining staff have runner up rings in Football. 9 consecutive district titles, 7 Bi-District, 5, Area Chanpionship, Mulipple Regional apperances,etc.

Secondary Coach worked for an Icon in our profession Craig Slaughter and was a 4 year letterman in college.

The girls softball coach has them as a powerhouse.

Baseball is WONDERFUL.

Girls and boys track are prenneial powerhouses.

Good God people do you really think you could hire a stronger staff than ths? Good luck

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by koach55
Basketball coach has a State Champion Ring in Football as Defensive Coordinator.

Junion High Coordinator has a State Champion ring in football as a Defensive Coordinator. 17 years as an AD and 9 playoff experiences as had a head coach.

The remaining staff have runner up rings in Football. 9 consecutive district titles, 7 Bi-District, 5, Area Chanpionship, Mulipple Regional apperances,etc.

Secondary Coach worked for an Icon in our profession Craig Slaughter and was a 4 year letterman in college.

Goog God poeople do you really think you could hire a stronger staff than ths? Good luck

none of that matters if they arent fully on board with what the new head coach wants to do. I just hope they are!

koach55
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Do you know what or who you are questioning? You are questioning these Coaches Professionalism and character. Anybody in the profession understands Loyalty. Could you pass this test.:mad

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Do you know what you are questioing? You are questioning these Coaches Professionlaism and character. Anybody in the profession understands Loyality. Could you pass this Limus test.:mad:
the only thing i'm questioning is your ability to spell.....you might be worse then me.....and that's hard to do....;)

Phantom Stang
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
you might be worse then me.
Don't you mean, he might be a worse speller "than" you?:D

maroonpirate04
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I know they should announce the captian of our ship on May 25th
when the "Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End" comes out. Now that we've waited this long:D

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
I know they should announce the captian of our ship on May 25th
when the "Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End" comes out. Now that we've waited this long:D :eek: :eek: :eek: piratebg & p4s might have a heart attack before then. :devil: :devil:

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Don't you mean, he might be a worse speller "than" you?:D

DOH!

maroonpirate04
03-26-2007, 12:53 PM
What's 60 more days :D

Bullaholic
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Wonder if the Sinton folks know G.A. Moore is still available? :D

SintonFan_inAustin
03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Sinton is not about one sport, they have found winners in other sports and they will remain as long as they want.:) .

Bullaholic
03-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton is not about one sport, they have found winners in other sports and they will remain as long as they want.:) .

Seriously---I just hope that Sinton is like most other towns who have gone thru the coaching change process---that there is considerable "knashing" of teeth, hurt feelings, and a few harsh words, but when the process is over, they link arms and go forward together for the sake of the kids.

Phil C
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Seriously---I just hope that Sinton is like most other towns who have gone thru the coaching change process---that there is considerable "knashing" of teeth, hurt feelings, and a few harsh words, but when the process is over, they link arms and go forward together for the sake of the kids.

Oh yes we will move on and face the future with confidence.

koach55
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
the only thing i'm questioning is your ability to spell.....you might be worse then me.....and that's hard to do....;)

Sorry but I get that way when upset. I know these guys. They don't see a new AD comeing in as a hinderence. They just want to make kids better.

I was editting my post when the server went down so I just got back on.

piratebg
03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
So when is the big announcement?

Phil C
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
So when is the big announcement?

PATIENCE PIRATE! REMEMBER ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!

:)

pirate4state
03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: piratebg & p4s might have a heart attack before then. :devil: :devil: piratebg maybe, but not me....I know people :D :devil: :D

OnceABucJr
03-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Heard Walker was visiting the Pirate Atheltic Building/coaches this afternoon?????????

Matthew328
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I am totally on board with KA on this one....the new coach has to be allowed to pick his own staff....if you try and dictate who stays and who goes you will never get a quality football coach in there because no quality coach wants to deal with that, the good is in that in MOST cases does a new coach come in and do complete house cleaning they usually have at worst a couple of holdovers stick around...

If the 2 football coaches who happen to coach other sports at Sinton are that important and are not allowed to stay with football Sinton needs to make em simply the HC of those sports...but in most cases the Head Football Coach is the Athletic Co-Ordinator also..so things could get sticky there as well..

sinton66
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
The only Sinton coach that would be considered "untouchable" (so far) would be our baseball coach(and he is head baseball coach). You just don't "mess" with a man who has brought you 3 state championships. (Plus, he's one of the three best teachers in our system, if not THE best.) Softball coach is rapidly approaching that too.

OnceABucJr
03-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Coach K is the ONLY SHS Coach with State Championship(s) AND the Head of his Academic Dept. Nothing else approaches that!

SintonFan
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Wonder if the Sinton folks know G.A. Moore is still available? :D
Bulla, that's funny but so so wrong.:p :D

SintonFan
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I am totally on board with KA on this one....the new coach has to be allowed to pick his own staff....if you try and dictate who stays and who goes you will never get a quality football coach in there because no quality coach wants to deal with that, the good is in that in MOST cases does a new coach come in and do complete house cleaning they usually have at worst a couple of holdovers stick around...

If the 2 football coaches who happen to coach other sports at Sinton are that important and are not allowed to stay with football Sinton needs to make em simply the HC of those sports...but in most cases the Head Football Coach is the Athletic Co-Ordinator also..so things could get sticky there as well..
I'm of the perspective that whoever the new AD/Head Football Coach is wouldn't want to replace a proven and dedicated teacher of young men that Coach K is.
The new AD will have all of our unconditional support, no doubt, but I think what many of us are saying is that we have the utmost faith in at least one of the exsisting coaches staying.:)

Chris Hart
03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
What are the odds of any incoming HFC getting rid of a baseball coach with that resume? I'm pretty sure the baseball and softball coach will stay and Sinton will make a good transition, and the football team will begin to run a slot-T offense with great effectiveness.....:)

sinton66
03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I pray you are correct, my friend.;)

koach55
03-26-2007, 09:58 PM
You people are idiots. No one comeng in is going to replace Coach K. Good God all mighty. This is not a broken program only a program with broken fan support. The guy from LH didn't even stay long enough to see off season at the high school or junior high. It'll go to the OC from Aldine. No one is going anywhere unless it is to run awat screaming from the likes of the board or teachers husbands who try to out post everyone on this board.

SintonFan
03-26-2007, 10:02 PM
You people are idiots. No one comeng in is going to replace Coach K. Good God all mighty. This is not a broken program only a program with broken fan support. The guy from LH didn't even stay long enough to see off season at the high school or junior high. It'll go to the OC from Aldine. No one is going anywhere unless it is to run awat screaming from the likes of the board or teachers husbands who try to out post everyone on this board.
I pray you are correct, my friend.:p

Gp83
03-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Any word yet?

kaorder1999
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM

couldn't get to the edit button again? ;)

sinton66
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM
No official announcement yet.

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Word is on another site that Walker was offered and then turned it down.

sinfan75
03-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Just read where the OC from Aldine is the man.

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Just read where the OC from Aldine is the man. That is the word on the street. Does anyone know anything about him??

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
That is the word on the street. Does anyone know anything about him??

yeah...all I know about him is he is the offensive coord. from Aldine. Does that help? ;)

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 08:47 AM
yeah...all I know about him is he is the offensive coord. from Aldine. Does that help? ;) well mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay ;) :D

Sinton94
03-27-2007, 08:49 AM
What happened to Walker?

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
What happened to Walker?

maybe he wasnt going to be able to bring enough coaches with him....or wasnt getting enough money.....or....wanted to win another State Championship at LH next year....could be anything that kept him from taking it!

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
What happened to Walker? He turned it down

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 08:56 AM
How close is the Liberty Hill guy from retiring...maybe they got in his ear and told him he would be the next head man if he sticks around!

Maroon87
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
He turned it down

Oh man...:(

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Linerty Hill :confused: :doh: :p

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
:confused: :doh: :p

screw me!!! I cant spell this early in the morning!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
screw me!!! Well, I'll pass, but thanks anyway. :D ;)

To answer your question - I'm not sure "how close", but when it happens, Walker would definitely be a great replacement, IMO.

And all I can say is that I'm selfish & glad he's staying here. I know that the decision could not have been an easy one to make and he put much thought into it.

Sinton folks - congrats on your new HC/AD! :)

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Well, I'll pass, but thanks anyway. :D ;)

To answer your question - I'm not sure "how close", but when it happens, Walker would definitely be a great replacement, IMO.

And all I can say is that I'm selfish & glad he's staying here. I know that the decision could not have been an easy one to make and he put much thought into it.

Sinton folks - congrats on your new HC/AD! :)

the toughest thing for a guy trying to get his first head coaching job is to turn down an offer. A LOT of thought has to go into that first job! Sometimes it can make or break you! He has a good thing going at Liberty Hill.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
maybe he wasnt going to be able to bring enough coaches with him....or wasnt getting enough money.....or....wanted to win another State Championship at LH next year....could be anything that kept him from taking it!

PLUS YOU WOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR MIKE ROBERTS. NOTICE THE TWO FINALIST HAVE NOT BEEN HEAD COACHES. THAT IS DUE IN LARGE PART TO THE SUPERINTENDENTS MICRO-MANAGING WAYS.

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
PLUS YOU WOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR MIKE ROBERTS. NOTICE THE TWO FINALIST HAVE NOT BEEN HEAD COACHES. THAT IS DUE IN LARGE PART TO THE SUPERINTENDENTS MICRO-MANAGING WAYS.

........nvm..........

S_Tex_3A_Fan
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
........nvm..........

What?

kaorder1999
03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
What?

that means nevermind

SintonFan
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
There is one of these in every town...:rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
There is one of these in every town...:rolleyes:

A micro managing superintendent???? :cool: :D