PDA

View Full Version : David Carr to Atlanta???

Fotbol
03-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Carr will be a Falcon?
The Texans r my team, but you expect Carr to Win with no line
You don't draft Hometown Hero V. Young
You don't draft Mr. Reggie Bush,
but you expect to win, @#$%% PLease:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 12:07 PM
They would've included Carr in the trade for Matt Schaub if that was the case...

Buccaneer
03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Carr to Miami

Adidas410s
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

David Carr

Dolphins
Raiders?
Vikings?

Dolphins Carr shopping
<Mar. 23> The Dolphins spent part of Thursday speaking with the Texans about a trade for Carr, according to the Miami Herald. A deal doesn't appear imminent (Carr would have to rework his contract before a trade could take place), but Miami's interest in Carr, as well as Chiefs QB Trent Green, indicates that the team isn't entirely comfortable with Daunte Culpepper as its starter.
The Texans, who acquired Matt Schaub from Atlanta on Wednesday, would likely settle for a mid-round draft pick in exchange for Carr. The Raiders and Vikings have also shown interest in the 27-year-old-Carr, according to the newspaper.

Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, is a career 60 percent passer. His best season came in 2004, when he threw for 3,531 yards with 16 touchdowns and 14 interceptions (83.5 QB rating).

themsu97
03-23-2007, 12:36 PM
if Atlanta wanted him then he would have been in the trade...
I feel sorry for Carr... he should have never started that first year... Tony Banks should have while Carr was holding a clipboard...
Carr was never given a good line or a great offensive line... he finally got a good scheme but was not able to perform...

but again, you are fooling yourself if you think, not feel, that VY was the answer... 1,2 duck would not be good for anyone...
I honestly think that Kubiak did not want VY because he would not fit into his system...
Schaub may not be the answer...but...

smustangs
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
if Atlanta wanted him then he would have been in the trade...
I feel sorry for Carr... he should have never started that first year... Tony Banks should have while Carr was holding a clipboard...
Carr was never given a good line or a great offensive line... he finally got a good scheme but was not able to perform...

but again, you are fooling yourself if you think, not feel, that VY was the answer... 1,2 duck would not be good for anyone...
I honestly think that Kubiak did not want VY because he would not fit into his system...
Schaub may not be the answer...but...

i agree you can have any qb you want but if he has no time to throw the ball before hes picking himself up again then dont expect him to do good, its not always your bad qb but your bad ol

big daddy russ
03-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I think it was three years ago, Scouts, Inc. put together a list that showed how much time every NFL QB had to throw the ball before the pocket collapsed or pressure forced the QB to move outside the pocket. If I remember correctly, the Raiders and Texans were the only two teams with averages under 4 seconds, and the Texans' line was dead last by 2/10 of a second. I'm 100% sure that they were last and second-to-last and the Texans' OL only gave Carr an average of 3.6 seconds to throw the ball.

Vince had a decent OL this year. So did Reggie Bush. David Carr never had a chance, and now he's gun shy because of it. Whichever team picks him up needs to focus on getting him protected (hear that, Huizenga and Al Davis?) before Carr's head gets in the way of his talent.

Macarthur
03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Mark my words, Carr will become a very good pro QB once he gets the hell out of Houston.

That franchise is so dysfunctional at so many levels.

Let me get this straight:

They passed on Bush and signed A. Green

They passed on VY and Linert and end up with Matt Schaub.

Absolutely comical. How do people keep their jobs down there.

big daddy russ
03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
MacArthur, I agree with you there. He's definitely got the tools and he understands the game fairly well, he's just so afraid to make a mistake that it winds up hurting him in the long run. When he gets to a new team with a new line and a little more talent, I think all that will change.

piratebg
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Mark my words, Carr will become a very good pro QB once he gets the hell out of Houston.

That franchise is so dysfunctional at so many levels.

Let me get this straight:

They passed on Bush and signed A. Green

They passed on VY and Linert and end up with Matt Schaub.

Absolutely comical. How do people keep their jobs down there.

I agree 100%. I think he'll start turning heads again once he gets behind a decent line.

Fotbol
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
When the Oilers moved and became the Titans they go to the Superbowl
Houston has a dark cloud over their Football team.
Andre Ware (Bust)
The Oiler let the Bills comeback from a 35-3 deficit
I just don't know

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
When the Oilers moved and became the Titans they go to the Superbowl
Houston has a dark cloud over their Football team.
Andre Ware (Bust)
The Oiler let the Bills comeback from a 35-3 deficit
I just don't know

What does Andre Ware have to do with it? When at UH he was amazing an won a Heisman. His pro career had nothing to do with houston