PDA

View Full Version : Fish on Friday?

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 11:48 AM
How many of you usually eat fish on Friday, even if you are not fasting for Lent?

I do a lot because several of the local restaurants serve up some really good fried catfish on Friday.

Phil C
03-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Bull I admire the Catholic Church.

piratebg
03-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I only do for Lent. I love catfish and shrimp but I don't designate one day out of the week to eat them.

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Hard to beat that fresh fried catfish with red sauce mixed with half horseradish and half catsup. Some hush puppies, a lil' onion, and some cole slaw----ummmmmm good.

Any of you coast residents get any good flounder, lately?---one of my favs, also.

Gobbla2001
03-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Any of you coast residents get any good flounder, lately?---one of my favs, also.

the bigger ones are done out... the regular ones? been too windy, and with all of the rain we've had I don't think it's that good-a-flounderin' right now...

might go catch me some redfish tomorrow, though

:D

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I had fish today out of consideration for the recruiter who treated me to K-Bobs. Yummy Mahi Mahi. :)

SintonFan
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Hard to beat that fresh fried catfish with red sauce mixed with half horseradish and half catsup. Some hush puppies, a lil' onion, and some cole slaw----ummmmmm good.

Nope, not fresh. But Reeds in Odem has frozen boneless flounder for 1.99 a pound.
It wasn't half bad.
It wasn't half good, but not half bad.
I cooked up 3 pounds last night for my parents dinner tonight.:)

Blastoderm55
03-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nope, not fresh. But Reeds in Odem has frozen boneless flounder for 1.99 a pound.
It wasn't half bad.
It wasn't half good, but not half bad.
I cooked up 3 pounds last night for my parents dinner tonight.:)

The Oaks in Beeville has a mean stuffed flounder. I just might have that tonight. Its a frozen cut, but is still mighty tasty when combined with broccoli and the cheese sauce.

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the bigger ones are done out... the regular ones? been too windy, and with all of the rain we've had I don't think it's that good-a-flounderin' right now...

might go catch me some redfish tomorrow, though

:D

mmmmmmmmmmm, reds

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
mmmmmmmmmmm, reds

ssshhhh...you don't even like fish. ;)

Bullaholic
03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Any of you go shrimping or crabbing anymore?

pirate4state
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
ssshhhh...you don't even like fish. ;)

well, i don't eat it everyday, but i do crave it once a year - usually NOT during Lent. :devil:

BuffyMars
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
The best catfish in the world is raised in the only natural lake in the state of Texas. Caddo Lake. Deep in the piney woods of East Texas. (In my head that sounded so country--I may not listen to country but I sure talk it, lol...)

There you will find the world's best fried fish! ;)

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
The best catfish in the world is raised in the only natural lake in the state of Texas. Caddo Lake. Deep in the piney woods of East Texas. (In my head that sounded so country--I may not listen to country but I sure talk it, lol...)

There you will find the world's best fried fish! ;)

YEPPERS..Great eatin :D

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Any of you go shrimping or crabbing anymore?

LOL...I have been shrimping once during my 2 week vacation...I thought I had died and gone to HELL...seriously.

Crabbing on the other hand can be fun during the summer. I will, however, read the Texas Parks and Wildlife rules next time before I go. :D

smustangs
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
LOL...I have been shrimping once during my 2 week vacation...I thought I had died and gone to HELL...seriously.

Crabbing on the other hand can be fun during the summer. I will, however, read the Texas Parks and Wildlife rules next time before I go. :D

i bet there is a good story to go w/ this one?

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i bet there is a good story to go w/ this one?

Most definitely...I didn't get fined, but my husband almost had heart failure when he opened the ice chest that we had filled with crab during our little afternoon adventure...

he then explained to me that there are certain rules that must be followed regarding the size of the crab (I think it is a minimum of 5 inches across on blue crab) and when you catch a rock crab, you are supposed to pull off one of the claws (right or left...can't remember) and put the crab back because it will grow another claw.

Needless to say, it could have been a really bad day rather than a really good one if TP&W had busted up our little party. They take those things kind of seriously.... ;) :D

smustangs
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Most definitely...I didn't get fined, but my husband almost had heart failure when he opened the ice chest that we had filled with crab during our little afternoon adventure...

he then explained to me that there are certain rules that must be followed regarding the size of the crab (I think it is a minimum of 5 inches across on blue crab) and when you catch a rock crab, you are supposed to pull off one of the claws (right or left...can't remember) and put the crab back because it will grow another claw.

Needless to say, it could have been a really bad day rather than a really good one if TP&W had busted up our little party. They take those things kind of seriously.... ;) :D

haha wow i bet your husband about crapped a brick. that would have been very very bad :clap: