PDA

View Full Version : Bay City's Cordero Williams

Gobbla2001
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
the guy graduated in '06... I was lucky enough to catch the guy play three times (twice against El Campo, once against WO-S)... the dude is around 5'7, but one of the most exciting players I've ever watched play...

I read in the Victoria Advocate a couple of days ago about a shooting in Bay City... when I read the list of Victims I noticed his name...

this was in today's Victoria Advocate:

---

Shooting victim says he knew assailant
March 23, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY SHARON HOWERTON - VICTORIA ADVOCATE

BAY CITY - One of the men shot in last Sunday's nightclub shooting said he knows who shot him, but police hadn't made an arrest by Thursday afternoon.

"He looked me in the eyes and shot me," Cordero Williams said, adding that he believes the shooting was retaliation for an argument prior to the incident.

Bay City Police Capt. Andrew Lewis declined to confirm Williams' statement, saying he felt that confirmation would compromise the investigation.

Williams was released from Hermann Memorial Hospital on Tuesday. He had been shot twice, once in the arm and once in the abdomen. In a telephone interview with Williams, he said the bullet in his arm was removed but the one in his abdomen is still there. He was lucky that it hit no major organs, he said.

Williams is a 2006 graduate of Bay City High School and received a football scholarship to Iowa Central Community College, where he played wide receiver for the Iowa Central Tritons. He said he transferred to Blinn College in Brenham to be closer to family and friends, and plans to attend the University of Texas after graduation to major in criminal justice. Williams was home in Bay City for spring break when the shooting occurred.

Another victim, Darious Moore, is still a patient at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston. When contacted by telephone, Moore said he had undergone surgery on his left leg and would be released following physical therapy. He declined to talk about the shooting.

Justin Smith and Joseph Fuller are patients at Hermann Memorial Hospital, according to Williams. He said that Fuller had been shot four times but was stable. He did not know Smith's condition.

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/632/story/29844.html

----

if I'm not mistaken, 9 people were injured in this shooting? none have died that I am aware of... the guy musta been usin' a bb-gun...

neck_06
03-23-2007, 10:19 AM
i know cordero, played with him and against him......good guy, glad he's ok.

Old Green
03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I got to watch him play two games against WOS. He could do everything on the field.