PDA

View Full Version : What are rich people watching on TV?

Adidas410s
03-22-2007, 03:08 PM
What are rich people watching on television?

Imagine this: you're sitting on your leather sofa with a glass of Joseph Phelps 2001 Insignia wine in one hand and a remote control in the other. You look at your 80-inch plasma television. What's on the screen? Scrubs.

A media group analyzed Nielsen ratings by income and determined that affluent American television viewers prefer to watch ABC and NBC. And they don't watch reality television. Instead, the highest-rated television shows among America's wealthier viewers are The Office, 30 Rock, What About Brian, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Studio 60. Besides DH and Grey's, those are all shows that receive mediocre ratings.

And here's another interesting discovery. The researchers found that the median income for ABC viewers is $64,000; NBC is $60,000; CBS is $59,000; FOX is $53,000 and The CW is $45,000. I'm guessing that income level is also tied to age, with younger people watching FOX and The CW and older people settling for ABC and NBC.

What networks do you watch the most? I have to admit it's primarily NBC for me. From old shows like Friends and West Wing to today shows like Office, Black Donnellys, FNL, 30 Rock, Las Vegas and Studio 60...that's where I tend to find myself for weeknight TV. I go to ABC for Greys, What About Brian and Boston Legal...and to CBS for HIMYM, Shark, and Numbers.

Blastoderm55
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Most of the shows I watch are on ABC and FOX. Broadcast, at least.

Darren
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I would have guessed Pimp my ride..

Hansum Stranger
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Playboy channel. What other channel do you need :D

Bullaholic
03-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd guess the channel with the Dow-Jones ticker at the bottom.....

BuffyMars
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
We DVR way too many shows.

We don't watch 1 ABC show.

And the only CBS show we watch is CSI: LV.

We watch House on Fox...or wait no we don't. We watch House on DVD...so no shows on Fox other than AI I guess...OH! And Bones :thumbsup:

NBC: Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl...

Ahhhhh...screw it. I am too tired to type right now.

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
We DVR way too many shows.

We don't watch 1 ABC show.

And the only CBS show we watch is CSI: LV.

We watch House on Fox...or wait no we don't. We watch House on DVD...so no shows on Fox other than AI I guess...OH! And Bones :thumbsup:

NBC: Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl...

Ahhhhh...screw it. I am too tired to type right now.

OMG u forgot Veronica Mars..then couple shows on MTV

U forgot Survivor

and we are almost rich LOL..we have a 61 inch DLP..but no wine..Patron always :)

BuffyMars
03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
OMG u forgot Veronica Mars..then couple shows on MTV

U forgot Survivor

and we are almost rich LOL..we have a 61 inch DLP..but no wine..Patron always :)

I didn't forget, too tired.

Fotbol
03-22-2007, 03:33 PM
BET and ESPN Rules my house!

big daddy russ
03-22-2007, 03:37 PM
NBC (Scrubs) and CBS (March Madness) get most of my attention outside of Speed, the History Channel, and Comedy Central.

Don't really like TV dramas, can't stand reality shows, and don't have much time to watch the sitcoms I want to.

Old Green
03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Military Channel, Discovery channels, and the History Channel is about all I watch.

coach
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Military Channel, Discovery channels, and the History Channel is about all I watch.

how boring can u get

carter08
03-22-2007, 05:43 PM
ABC All the Way

Boston Legal, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, According to Jim, George Lopez...

luvhoops34
03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
NO sitcoms, or reality tv for me, yuk.

HGTV, Discovery, FOXNEWS, any CSI and law and order

Also, football, and basketball.