PDA

View Full Version : Tubby Smith to Minnesota

mwynn05
03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Leaves Kentucky to coach at Minnesota

Johnny Utah
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Very underated and underappreciated coach. Hope Minnesota works out for him. Kentucky will go after BCG!!!!

Adidas410s
03-22-2007, 02:53 PM
seriuously??? What a sad state of affairs... :(

coach
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Very underated and underappreciated coach. Hope Minnesota works out for him. Kentucky will go after BCG!!!!

well crap i hope ur wrong

DUKE22
03-22-2007, 05:16 PM
I agree Tubby is a great coach. When he was at Tulsa and Georgia his teams had some big wins in the Tourny. He was never appreciated at Kentucky because of his race and following Rick Pitino.

Old Dog
03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Whoever get offers to Kentuck best think long and hard. They could be next.

Kind of like the boss marrying his secretary, "if she'll cheat with you, someday she'll cheat on you"!

JR2004
03-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I agree Tubby is a great coach. When he was at Tulsa and Georgia his teams had some big wins in the Tourny. He was never appreciated at Kentucky because of his race and following Rick Pitino.

I don't think race had a whole lot to do with this situation. In 2004 there was a poll conducted about the most popular person in the state of Kentucky and Tubby won with something like 98 percent that liked him.

Tubby is moving on because a) He is a horrible recruiter and b) you can't lose 25 games in a two year span at Kentucky. You can be the greatest X's and O's coach in history, but it doesn't matter if you can't get some talented guys in there to run your system with.

Look at the Tennessee game right now and take a look at Lofton for example. The kid was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky and was completely ignored by the Wildcats! How in the world do you let that happen if you're Tubby Smith? I know the Dickie V's of the world want to blame everyone but Tubby for this, but the blame lies square on his shoulders for how Kentucky has fallen and he did the right thing and left before he got fired.

Gobbla2001
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I never thought of him as underrated, that's for sure... honestly when I hear "college basketball coach" his freakin' face pops up in my mind...