PDA

View Full Version : Comanche

barney rubble
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
What is the word out of comanche? Heard conflictin reports: hiring from within and looking to hire outside. Tough district but Comanche always seems to have hard nosed kids that will compete.

Black_Magic
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by barney rubble
What is the word out of comanche? Heard conflictin reports: hiring from within and looking to hire outside. Tough district but Comanche always seems to have hard nosed kids that will compete. Comanche will drop 2a most likely.. they have around 400 kids. if they drop they could do some moderate damage in 2a.

Old Dog
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Agree, if they go 2A they just might be playing for a title. We get local paper since wife's from there......nothing yet as to new coach.

barney rubble
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't know if they have the talent to compete for it all, but it would certainly be better than lining up against Wylie, Sweetwater and Synder. Heard they have some good kids coming up from jr. high.

Here is a odd question but I have wondered this. Comanche used to have a terrible reputation for being an extremely racist town. Is this still a problem? I have met a few people from Comanche and they seemed like good people but have heard stories about Comanche being a "sunset" town.

pero chato
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by barney rubble
I don't know if they have the talent to compete for it all, but it would certainly be better than lining up against Wylie, Sweetwater and Synder. Heard they have some good kids coming up from jr. high.

Here is a odd question but I have wondered this. Comanche used to have a terrible reputation for being an extremely racist town. Is this still a problem? I have met a few people from Comanche and they seemed like good people but have heard stories about Comanche being a "sunset" town.

At one time they had quite the rep. But I think that's changing and has been for some time. I know the county Judge and he's no racist and preaches against it.

barney rubble
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
That is good to hear. Anybody heard any coffee shop talk as to who or what they are looking for?

EricDraven
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Comanche is a good town and a lot different than it was years ago. They have some tough kids that play their guts out. Their biggest opponent this season was attrition. Malcolm did a heck of a job and will be missed.

cr180t
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Where did he go?

EricDraven
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Where did he go?

I heard Olton, but not sure.

thewyliefan
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
i remeber when we played them this year last game of the regular season. even though they werent going to playoffs, they were more worried about goin out strong and knocking the snot out of us. if they do drop in a year i think they can be a good playoff team every year

Lobo10
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
They will hire from outside, told both Coordinators today they would not be interviewed. So much for any loyalty