PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys player's niece murdered

kepdawg
03-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Cowboys player's niece murdered 9:12 AM CDT

09:12 AM CDT on Thursday, March 22, 2007

From WFAA-TV and Wire Reports

The search for the missing niece of Dallas Cowboys defensive back Aaron Glenn ended tragically Wednesday after police said the 19-year-old woman was murdered.

A murder charge was filed against the ex-boyfriend of the missing Texas A&M student after the ex-boyfriend led investigators to a trash container where he allegedly put the body of Tynesha Stewart, authorities said.

Timothy Wayne Shepherd, 27, was charged with murder Wednesday, said Lt. John Denholm of the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division.

Ms. Stewart, a freshman at A&M, was last seen with Mr. Shepherd on March 15 while she was home for spring break visiting her mother.

Authorities said it will be difficult to find Stewart's body because the trash bin has been hauled off to different locations at least twice since last week.

“We are exploring whether it's even possible to search for her remains at this point,” Lt. Denholm said. “It's the literal needle in the haystack.”

Shepherd had allowed investigators to search his car and apartment and had been cooperative during interviews through early Wednesday morning, he said.

Shepherd met with Houston-area community activist Quanell X on Wednesday. Denholm said the activist then arranged a meeting with Mr. Shepherd and Harris County authorities in the activist's car.

“He told me, with the investigator in the car, where to go. He led us all the way, and when he stood before the dumpster, he broke down, and he said, 'This is where I put her,'" Mr. X said.

Lt. Denholm said Mr. Shepherd had not made a formal confession. A communications official with the sheriff's office wouldn't release information on Mr. Shepherd's bond amount or whether he had a lawyer early Thursday morning.

Gale Stewart, mother of Ms. Stewart, said Mr. Shepherd wouldn't let her daughter go after their relationship ended.

“He was older, and older men tend to be possessive,” she said.

Kendria Smith, a longtime friend of Ms. Stewart, said the woman and Mr. Shepherd quit dating at the beginning of this school year.

CHS_CG
03-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Didnt know it was Aaron's neice but the story about this young lady as been all over the news

pirate4state
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
How sad. :( I understand that it would be difficult to find her remains, but they should at least try!!!

Adidas410s
03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
note to college girls...don't date older men!!!! :mad:

big daddy russ
03-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
note to college girls...don't date older men!!!! :mad:
No kidding. That's how Amanda wound up with me. :D

kaorder1999
03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
horrible news!!!

Funk-d-fied
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
My heart goes out to their family.... prayers for all.

Adidas410s
03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
No kidding. That's how Amanda wound up with me. :D

Weren't you at least in school though??