PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for McKinney Coach

kaorder1999
03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Wayne used to coach here where I am. I have known him for years....

-------------------------------------------------

McKinney coach waits for new liver

03:28 PM CDT on Wednesday, March 21, 2007

By STEVE STOLER / WFAA-TV

MCKINNEY - Wayne Anthony's life is on hold.

He's engaged to be married but has postponed the wedding.

His low energy level won't allow him to coach football or track at McKinney High School.

The 27-year-old is at Baylor University Medical Center on a list to get a new liver.

"I knew I was going to have liver problems down the road. I really didn't figure it to be this soon at all," he said.

At the age of 18, Anthony's doctors diagnosed him with liver disease caused by autoimmune hepatitis at birth.

He began feeling the symptoms last October, as he coached the Lions' wide receivers.

"He's there for you when you need him or when you need a ride home after practice. He's a caring person. You can talk to him easily. He's a good guy to get along with. He's a good friend also," said Major Magee, a football player.

Athletes, family and friends banded together to help Anthony raise money for his liver transplant.

"You're still expected to pay essentially a house mortgage. So the money that these people are raising, it's going to help me out in the long run so much. I can't really tell them how much I appreciate it," Antony said.

"We're so fortunate in our lives. You know, I'm growing up as an 18-year-old in a great high school. You want to give back to the people who helped make that situation good for you," said Greg Miller.

"People I don't even know have helped and to put that much effort into it is pretty awesome," said Antony.

To help McKinney High School Coach Wayne Anthony:

Please make check payable to: Coach Wayne Anthony Medical Fund, c/o American National Bank, 2851 S. Central Expressway, McKinney, Texas 75070

Or for more details and information, contact Mary Foyt at 469-742-5948 or mfoyt@mckinneyisd.net.

bobcat1
03-22-2007, 05:14 AM
I'll keep him in my prayers. That's a tough one. :(

Rabbit'93
03-22-2007, 07:14 AM
you got it KA

Gsquared
03-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Wow, incredible. Its very refreshing to see youngsters reach out and care like this. Hear all about the numerous turds in this generation these days and this made me feel alot better about kids right now.

mustang59
03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'm the PTO President at this high school and Coach Anthony is very well thought of here. It has been amazing to see how the kids and staff have come together to support him.

kaorder1999
03-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I played against Wayne when we were in HS and I actually came here to work for him but as soon as I got here he got the job in McKinney