PDA

View Full Version : Charged astronaut gets new Navy job

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2007, 02:16 PM
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The former astronaut fired by NASA after she was charged with trying to kidnap a romantic rival will develop flight lesson plans as part of her new military assignment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Capt. Lisa Nowak will work on developing curriculum and training programs when she joins the staff of the Chief of Naval Air Training Command in Corpus Christi next month, said a Navy spokesman, Lt. Sean Robertson.

She was originally expected to report for work this week, but Robertson said Nowak will start her new job in April.

Nowak was arrested Feb. 5 on suspicion of confronting a romantic rival in a parking lot at the airport in Orlando, Fla. Police said Nowak pepper-sprayed Air Force Capt. Colleen Shipman, the girlfriend of astronaut Bill Oefelein, and had in her possession a BB gun, steel mallet, knife and rubber tubing.

NASA fired Nowak a month later, and the Navy said she would be transferred to the Corpus Christi command. She is free on bail.

Nowak, a mother of three, could go to trial in late July. Her arraignment was scheduled for Thursday but she is not expected to appear since her attorney already has filed a not guilty plea to the charges of attempted kidnapping, burglary with assault and battery.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/ap_on_re_us/arrested_astronaut

Maroon87
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
This will probably lead every newscast in CC. Big news for those parts...;)

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2007, 02:31 PM
It already has.:rolleyes:

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I have visions of the 1st day at work with her - I'd have hard time concentrating..........

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have visions of the 1st day at work with her - I'd have hard time concentrating..........

lol, right?

I hope she isn't charting any flight patterns over my house....:eek: :D

Maroon87
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

No kidding..."I wonder if she's wearing a diaper today?":thinking: :p

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
No kidding..."I wonder if she's wearing a diaper today?":thinking: :p

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol, right?

I hope she isn't charting any flight patterns over my house....:eek: :D

both of those thoughts immediately went through my head - also, wonder if she's plead NOT GUILTY by reason of insanity?? I know, who am I to judge, yadayada - innocent until proven guilty etc..... but come on............ ok - that's my rant for the day... I gotta get back to work........... :D