PDA

View Full Version : Dist 23 AAA Softball 3/20/07 scores

Reds fan
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Bellville 8 Smithville 0

Anyone have scores for Giddings-Navasota and Caldwell-La Grange?

Reds fan
03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Giddings 5 Navasota 3

nette_mom
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Just a little note, against Navasota, Murphy had 17 strikeouts and only gave up one hit. No walks

Against Smithville, Luetge had 14 strikeouts and gave up one hit. No walks.

These girls are two outstanding pitchers.

Reds fan
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Daaang!!! 31 K's in two games for Bellville staff! Only a hit away from perfect games in each.

Congratulations to Murphy and Luetge:clap: :clap: :clap:

nette_mom
03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Both of those so called hits should have been easy outs!!

hookandladder
03-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Both of those so called hits should have been easy outs!!

If they should have been easy outs, why were they not errors. If no player put a glove on the ball, then it's a hit plain and simple.

Bull19
03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If they should have been easy outs, why were they not errors. If no player put a glove on the ball, then it's a hit plain and simple.

WHEN A PLAYER MAKES AN ATTEMPT ON A BALL BY DIVING AT IT AND THE BALL HITS THE GLOVE, BUT IS NOT CAUGHT,,,99% OF THE TIME IT IS RULED A HIT, NOT AN ERROR. SO ITS NOT ALWAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ,,,,, OR,,,,, IT COULD HAVE BEEN A GROUND BALL TO LETS SAY THE SHORT-STOP AND SHE TOOK HER SWEET TIME AND WHEN SHE THREW IT TO FIRST THE RUNNER BEAT OUT THE THROW,,,,NO ERROR WAS MADE ON THE PLAY,,THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN RULED A HIT,,,,,,,,IF SHE WOULD HAVE CHARGED THE BALL HARD AND HAVE GOTTEN IT OUT OF HER GLOVE QUICKLY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN OUT,,,,,,,SO I WILL SAY IT AGAIN,,,ITS NOT ALWAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE

HOW DID YOUR SONS TEAM DO LAST NIGHT IN THEIR DISTRICT OPENER?

Bull19
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
HOW MANY ONE-HITTERS HAVE THE LEPS TOSSED? HOW MANY PERFECT GAMES OR NO HITTERS HAVE THEY TOSSED??????

hookandladder
03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHEN A PLAYER MAKES AN ATTEMPT ON A BALL BY DIVING AT IT AND THE BALL HITS THE GLOVE, BUT IS NOT CAUGHT,,,99% OF THE TIME IT IS RULED A HIT, NOT AN ERROR. SO ITS NOT ALWAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ,,,,, OR,,,,, IT COULD HAVE BEEN A GROUND BALL TO LETS SAY THE SHORT-STOP AND SHE TOOK HER SWEET TIME AND WHEN SHE THREW IT TO FIRST THE RUNNER BEAT OUT THE THROW,,,,NO ERROR WAS MADE ON THE PLAY,,THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN RULED A HIT,,,,,,,,IF SHE WOULD HAVE CHARGED THE BALL HARD AND HAVE GOTTEN IT OUT OF HER GLOVE QUICKLY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN OUT,,,,,,,SO I WILL SAY IT AGAIN,,,ITS NOT ALWAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE

HOW DID YOUR SONS TEAM DO LAST NIGHT IN THEIR DISTRICT OPENER?

What I am stating is a hit is a hit, as long as both teams rule it as a hit. As I have stated before my son does play ball and is not even in Jr.high yet. Not trying to knock anyone, just stating that you can't always say if or what ifs. I am looking forward to coming to Bellville friday for 2 good games, always love to watch good teams that are well coached.

Reds fan
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Tomorrow night's games should be very good games to watch. Sounds like the boys and girls from both towns are playing well.

Good luck and play hard!