PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Idol???

Adidas410s
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
I realize that Sunjaya is bad...but geez this time he made a girl cry he sucks so bad. Even worse...they kept showing...like they went back to her 3 or 4 times. Sad times indeed... :(

TexasHSFootball
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
if Sanjaya is voted back next week, they should never do another season of this show ever again. You know Fox and AI producers and bigwigs have to be cringing to their cubholes hoping that he is not back next week

Bull19
03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I THOUGHT THAT AMERICA'S VOTE IS ONLY A CERTAIN % OF WHO GETS KICKED OFF. I THOUGHT I REMEMBER READING THAT SOMEWHERE. THATS WHY YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THAT GIRL OR GUY OR W/E IT IS NAME SAMJIYE OR HOWEVER U SPELL IT. LIKE THE PRODUCERS KEEP SOME CRAPPY PEOPLE AROUND JUST FOR THE RATINGS????? I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH

bandera7
03-20-2007, 09:05 PM
if they want him out so bad they can just kick him out. I met Ace Young's brother and he was saying that Ace had to sign a waiver saying they could discount any votes that they wanted to.

un b weavable
03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
This probably helps a whole lot in keeping the crappy ones on

http://votefortheworst.com/

Adidas410s
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.myspace.com/starvationforsanjaya

Ranger Mom
03-21-2007, 06:45 AM
I thought the girl crying over Sanjaya made the whole show....I laughed all the way through his song....and I use that term loosely!!

I know my niece sent her text vote in for him for a solid 2 hours.:rolleyes:

I didn't like Blake Lewis much at the beginning (the beat boxer) (sp?)...he is growing on me each week though!

Ranger Mom
03-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I was just watching Good Morning America.....they have 4 theories why Sanjaya is still there.

1. The Howard Stern Effect.....Stern has been pleading for people to vote for Sanjaya.

2. The votefortheworst.com effect.....this website is trying to make a mockery out of American Idol.

3. The vote from India effect....which has basically been discounted since American Idol doesn't broadcast there until the voting lines here have already been closed.

4. The Simon Cowel Effect.....evidently, Simon Cowel has said he won't be back next year if Sanjaya wins. Is American sending a message??

Personally, I think alot has to do with girls, like my niece, who think he is SO CUTE, and will sit down with 2 or 3 cellphones and vote for the solid two hours.

Adidas410s
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
4. The Simon Cowel Effect.....evidently, Simon Cowel has said he won't be back next year if Sanjaya wins. Is American sending a message??

I agree with the other thoughts...other than the obvious India one which doesn't come in to play.

However...I don't put too much stock in the Simon idea. I think that anybody that has watched the show even periodically realizes that without him the show would die.

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Sanjaya has been mediocre in the past weeks - he flat out was horrible last night. If he isn't voted off, I'll quit watching -

Adidas410s
03-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Sanjaya has been mediocre in the past weeks - he flat out was horrible last night. If he isn't voted off, I'll quit watching -

He didn't even sing last night...it was just bad screaming...I don't think it was his worst sounding performance...but it still sucked...A LOT!!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
03-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
However...I don't put too much stock in the Simon idea. I think that anybody that has watched the show even periodically realizes that without him the show would die.

Simon is half of the entertainment.

Classic line last night from Simon about Sanjaya...."I think the little girls face said it all."

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 08:27 AM
I dont think there will be a problem with sanjaya winning. Lakisha and Melinda were amazing last night. If America has any bit of sense they will not let some body like Sanjaya win. I do like Blake a lot. The final 4 I still think will be Lakisha, Melinda, Blake, and either Chris or Gina... Cant decide I like them both

Adidas410s
03-21-2007, 08:28 AM
From what I've watched (which isn't much) I don't think anybody should win this year. Whomever wins this competition will go the way of Ruben Studdard, Fantasia, and likely Taylor Hicks....aka they're going nowhere. :(

Snyder_TigerFan
03-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree adidas. This year has been pretty blah...no real standouts. If there is anyone that I think might step into the spot light it would be Blake because of his style. He's different than the rest and with a good producer, he would probably come out with some hit music.

duckbutter
03-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm voting for Haley:eek:

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by duckbutter
I'm voting for Haley:eek:

I voted for Haley last night - she did a good job -

BuffyMars
03-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Sadly, I thought last night was his best performance ever. Not sure what that means. LOL!

kaorder1999
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I voted for Underwood....oh...wait..

Black_Magic
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I thought the girl crying over Sanjaya made the whole show....I laughed all the way through his song....and I use that term loosely!!

I know my niece sent her text vote in for him for a solid 2 hours.:rolleyes:

I didn't like Blake Lewis much at the beginning (the beat boxer) (sp?)...he is growing on me each week though! The funny thing is that Simon was the ONLY one of the "Stars" to recognize how bad he was! that dude was the worst. I could not believe he made it that far , AND THEN HE IS VOTED BACK????!! OMG... The Show is done if he wins it.

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
http://www.myspace.com/starvationforsanjaya

She could stand to do this hunger strike to the very end lol

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
The funny thing is that Simon was the ONLY one of the "Stars" to recognize how bad he was! that dude was the worst. I could not believe he made it that far , AND THEN HE IS VOTED BACK????!! OMG... The Show is done if he wins it.

Randy did not say he was good..just said it was his best performance to date..which is not saying much.

Blastoderm55
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Jordin proved that she can hang with Lakisha and Melinda last night. Those ladies were the class of the night, once again. I predict an early homecoming for Stephanie.

Can Sanjaya just concede? Surely he knows why he remains. :rolleyes|:

Ranger Mom
03-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I have never missed an episode of American Idol since the first day is started.

This is the first year that I just don't have a certain favorite....there are some better than others, and I think Lakisha and Melinda are probably the most talented...but I wouldn't buy either of their records. They just don't sing the genre of music I like!!

I will never say I won't watch if someone isn't voted off...I think that is a little extreme.

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 10:25 AM

I will never say I won't watch if someone isn't voted off...I think that is a little extreme.

I haven't been a faithful Idol fan so it's won't be hard to me to quit lol....... I started mid-season last year but have seen every show this year. I'll probably still Tivo it and FF through some, but if he is still on after tonight, I won't stop what I am doing on Tuesday nights to watch....... :D

BuffyMars
03-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I have never missed an episode of American Idol since the first day is started.

This is the first year that I just don't have a certain favorite....there are some better than others, and I think Lakisha and Melinda are probably the most talented...but I wouldn't buy either of their records. They just don't sing the genre of music I like!!

Ditto. With the addition of Blake.

And Jordin was awesome last night. She totally redeemed herself.

crzyjournalist03
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I haven't liked AI since Chris Daughtry got kicked off last year (which I actually do believe in the conspiracy that he was kicked off because of the rumors about him and Fuel, not America's votes). But I checked it out to see what all the commotion was about the performance, and I was rolling! Here it is for those of you who haven't caught it yet!

Sanjaya's top 11 performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aal_KE-3x0)

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Sanjaya's top 11 performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aal_KE-3x0) Hmmmm.....well, I very rarely watch & haven't seen an episode this season. Maybe I'm warped, but I watched that along with several of the others that are there and his didn't look that bad compared to the others. Of course, if this was his "best", maybe I need to see the bad ones.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Bin Laden has the Taliban voting for him:doh: They putting down their weapons and using cell phones to vote, great chance to locate them;) he was bad but unfortunately i think her name was Gina ? she was worst so look for SunJaya or whatever the name is to go one more round

duckbutter
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I thought the big girl in the green was pretty bad last night and Blake blew me away, great performance.

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
all these vote peopel off show they consult witht he producers to see who will impact that ratings the most before they kick them off. Thats why i quit watching Trumps show whatever its called. That and Amarosa made me sick to my stomach. Never hit a girl before but that one i dont think I could have been ina room with for 8.2 seconds with before i pimp slapped her.

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
I thought the big girl in the green was pretty bad last night and Blake blew me away, great performance.

I agree Duckbutter - last night, Lakeisha (sp) didnt' seem to pick the best song, but I think she'll survive the vote-off. Blake is a good performer!

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
i watched some girl sing last night flipping through the channels. She is like 17 or soemthing. She was pretty good. Great song. I want to download it today but dont remember what it is called. It is a song from the 60's I guess?

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i watched some girl sing last night flipping through the channels. She is like 17 or soemthing. She was pretty good. Great song. I want to download it today but dont remember what it is called. It is a song from the 60's I guess?

all of them were from the 60's last night.. it was "british invation" night

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
all of them were from the 60's last night.. it was "british invation" night
i wouldnt know. I felt guilty watchign that much of it. I felt so bad that i actually partook of it that i ordered pay per view playboy channel to divert my attention.

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 01:41 PM
i wouldnt know. I felt guilty watchign that much of it. I felt so bad that i actually partook of it that i ordered pay per view playboy channel to divert my attention.

TMI

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
TMI
it was pure class.

Blastoderm55
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM

That's Jordin. I don't remember the name of the song. Should be on the MSN recap.

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
That's Jordin. I don't remember the name of the song. Should be on the MSN recap.
ty blast

eagles_victory
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
I haven't liked AI since Chris Daughtry got kicked off last year (which I actually do believe in the conspiracy that he was kicked off because of the rumors about him and Fuel, not America's votes). But I checked it out to see what all the commotion was about the performance, and I was rolling! Here it is for those of you who haven't caught it yet!

Sanjaya's top 11 performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aal_KE-3x0) what were the rumors about him and Fuel?

44INAROW
03-21-2007, 01:48 PM

rofl.......... That could get expensive if you happen to run across IDOL each week and then need a weekly diversion :)

Blastoderm55
03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
what were the rumors about him and Fuel?

Didn't he turn down their job offer after performing one of their tunes?

crzyjournalist03
03-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Didn't he turn down their job offer after performing one of their tunes?

yeah...basically, after he did one of their songs, they started saying that they wanted him to be their new lead singer. The conspiracy theory is basically that AI didn't want him to end up leaving the show to become Fuel's lead singer, so they kicked him off before he had a chance to think about it. He eventually turned the offer down a while later, but rumors flew for weeks that he was going to take it. If you watched the episode that he got kicked off, he had had probably the best performance of the bunch the night before, and when it was announced he was leaving, Ryan Seacrest didn't say it in the usual way.

Every week when a player is voted off, Seacrest says "America voted, and _________, you're going home tonight." In the one that Chris was kicked off, Seacrest said something like, "One of these two is leaving tonight. Chris, you're going home." No mention of the vote was made at all. When you hear other stories like Ace Young's mentioned earlier in this thread, it makes a lot of sense.

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
yeah...basically, after he did one of their songs, they started saying that they wanted him to be their new lead singer. The conspiracy theory is basically that AI didn't want him to end up leaving the show to become Fuel's lead singer, so they kicked him off before he had a chance to think about it. He eventually turned the offer down a while later, but rumors flew for weeks that he was going to take it. If you watched the episode that he got kicked off, he had had probably the best performance of the bunch the night before, and when it was announced he was leaving, Ryan Seacrest didn't say it in the usual way.

Every week when a player is voted off, Seacrest says "America voted, and _________, you're going home tonight." In the one that Chris was kicked off, Seacrest said something like, "One of these two is leaving tonight. Chris, you're going home." No mention of the vote was made at all. When you hear other stories like Ace Young's mentioned earlier in this thread, it makes a lot of sense.

thats ok chris is doing much better than half more than half of the other Idols that won. Carrie and Chris are my favorites... i like Kelly Clarkson but not everything she does.

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
You know, it is like we discussed in a previous thread, the producers are going to have to change the way they do business (the voting process) in order to maintain the integrity of the show.

The whole Sanjaya thing has infuriated everyone and will probably make for record breaking viewing because of it. I wonder how much money they are making off all the voting/texting....
:thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
thats ok chris is doing much better than half more than half of the other Idols that won. Carrie and Chris are my favorites... i like Kelly Clarkson but not everything she does.

Talena...I am watching it with Lori again tonight...so don't call me right at the end in case I am not caught up yet....LOL!!!

stangGirl2007
03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I am going to miss it tonight:mad: :foul: Stupid practice!! Someone please catch me up after it's over tonight:(

CHS_CG
03-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Talena...I am watching it with Lori again tonight...so don't call me right at the end in case I am not caught up yet....LOL!!!

no i gotta wait for you to call me and tell me who was in the bottom 3 i will be at wings n more eating... kinda doubt they will turn it on`lol

Ranger Mom
03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
no i gotta wait for you to call me and tell me who was in the bottom 3 i will be at wings n more eating... kinda doubt they will turn it on`lol

LOL!! Okay, I will give you updates. You want the final too?

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know the name of the song that Jordin?? sang Tuesday night. I looked at the MSN recap and could feel my brain start cramping and could never find the nam of the song.

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
rofl.......... That could get expensive if you happen to run across IDOL each week and then need a weekly diversion :)
I blocked fox on my tv the nights that it is on... isnt that silly? You people have no idea how my brain works. It's scary.

kepdawg
03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know the name of the song that Jordin?? sang Tuesday night. I looked at the MSN recap and could feel my brain start cramping and could never find the nam of the song.

"I (Who Have Nothing)"

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
"I (Who Have Nothing)"

tyvm kep! I appreciate it.

CHS_CG
03-22-2007, 08:18 AM
thats it.. those damn teenieboopers are gettin on my LAST nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I amgoin to have to sit there and vote for 2 hrs straight now!!!!!!!!SERIOUSLY WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THAT LIL NO TALENT KID!!!!! GRRRRRR!

kaorder1999
03-22-2007, 08:19 AM
thats it.. those damn teenieboopers are gettin on my LAST nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I amgoin to have to sit there and vote for 2 hrs straight now!!!!!!!!SERIOUSLY WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THAT LIL NO TALENT KID!!!!! GRRRRRR!

calm down...relax....;)

kaorder1999
03-22-2007, 08:26 AM
when will someone get voted off again?

Ranger Mom
03-22-2007, 08:29 AM

Actually, I thought he did have some talent in the auditions, but he struggles outside of his "comfort zone"!

I actually kinda liked his last performance....I love that song, and while he didn't sing it that great, I thought it was miles better than what he has been doing.

I wasn't impressed with Stephanie at all that night though!!

I still say that Lakisha and Melinda are the probably the most talented, but if either of them win, I won't by their CD.....not my favorite genre!

CHS_CG
03-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
when will someone get voted off again? .

next thrusday

kaorder1999
03-22-2007, 08:35 AM
i never watch this show but I like hearing yall talk about it. If this guy is bad do you think they are keeping him around to keep yall watching and talking about the show?

Ranger Mom
03-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i never watch this show but I like hearing yall talk about it. If this guy is bad do you think they are keeping him around to keep yall watching and talking about the show?

There is a Sanjaya EVERY year....I remember we were saying the same thing about Scott Savall a couple of years ago.

We always gotta have someone we love to hate.

I like to go to the American Idol message boards and read what they are saying there.

There are some that get as passionate about who is voted off as some over here do about UT and A&M!! It's always good for a laugh!!

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
There is a Sanjaya EVERY year....I remember we were saying the same thing about Scott Savall a couple of years ago.

Kelli Pickler IMO was the one last year who should have been voted off way earlier than she did..and she turned it into a album deal

Sanjaya DOES have talent..he just does not know how to use his voice in public on stage...He like Diana Ross said is one who will sound better in studio then on stage..Still he should have NEVER made it to top 12

Adidas410s
03-22-2007, 09:12 AM
From votefortheworst.com:

In an amazing shocker of a night, Sanjaya was declared safe, while Stephanie Edwards and Chris Richardson made up the bottom two. Stephanie went home (most people said, "Who's Stephanie?") and Sanjaya made it to next week. This is a huge victory because we got him on the tour. So now everyone who wants to see their favorite Idols will also be seeing VFTW darling Sanjaya this summer too. And he gets to work with Gwen Stefani next week (let's hope he has the option of singing Hollaback Girl.)

This may be one of VFTW's greatest accomplishments ever, so thanks to everyone who voted, especially all of the new Howard Stern listeners who joined us this week! Every vote counted, and just make sure to vote just as hard next week. Sanjaya will need the help again because people are really going to be mad that he's there. But after his performance of You Really Got Me, there's no doubt in our mind... Sanjaya loves us and we love him.
(Photochop by Princess Melissa Lansing)

BuffyMars
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
The Jennifer Hudon syndrome stikes again with Stephanie. No worries tho, I am sure record execs have been calling her all night. :thumbsup:

Its funny, I don't even listen to the type of music these people sing, but its refreshing to watch them start from the bottom and work their way up. Or to even see them fall flat on their face like a few of them.

Now that's entertainment!!! :devil:

Blastoderm55
03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Kelli Pickler IMO was the one last year who should have been voted off way earlier than she did..and she turned it into a album deal

Only because she agreed to have cantelopes installed into her chest. :rolleyes:

BuffyMars
03-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Only because she agreed to have cantelopes installed into her chest. :rolleyes:

I am so glad someone else noticed she started smuggling cantelopes!