PDA

View Full Version : Dead Silence

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Terry....you poophead! That thread was fun!

So in that case, anyone seen Dead Silence?

If not, and you like horror films, its a definite must see. It's the best horror film I have seen since The Grudge.

I will watch any horror movie whether its good or not just to see it.

I was expecting it to be pretty cheesy which I never mind, because horror films aren't usually meant to be artsy fartsy, they are usually meant to be a little on the stupid side, and that is ok. I merely go for the thrill of a new creature feature.

This one though REALLY surprised me. Its not cheesy, its decently acted, it has an interesting story for a horror fim, and the lady is just downright creepy. If you thought the girl in The Grudge was creepy you should see this lady. She looks awesome!

I rarely walk out of a theater and say, "Hey, I could see that in the theater again", but this one I could.

You have to experience it on the big screen.

It was greatness!

The ending could have been a little better, but so could every movie.

If I were a critic, I would give it an A- :thumbsup:thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
YEs i was nicely surprised by the movie..good twists, nice plot and decent creepiness.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

So in that case, anyone seen Dead Silence?

If not, and you like horror films, its a definite must see. It's the best horror film I have seen since The Grudge.

I will watch any horror movie whether its good or not just to see it.

I was expecting it to be pretty cheesy which I never mind, because horror films aren't usually meant to be artsy fartsy, they are usually meant to be a little on the stupid side, and that is ok. I merely go for the thrill of a new creature feature.

This one though REALLY surprised me. Its not cheesy, its decently acted, it has an interesting story for a horror fim, and the lady is just downright creepy. If you thought the girl in The Grudge was creepy you should see this lady. She looks awesome!

I rarely walk out of a theater and say, "Hey, I could see that in the theater again", but this one I could.

You have to experience it on the big screen.

It was greatness!

The ending could have been a little better, but so could every movie.

If I were a critic, I would give it an A- :thumbsup:thumbsup:

the grudge was a stupid movie...wasn't even scary...and whats up with that lil kid who when he opened his mouth it was a cat meowing...LAME

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
the grudge was a stupid movie...wasn't even scary...and whats up with that lil kid who when he opened his mouth it was a cat meowing...LAME

The 1st person I have ever heard call it lame. But hey thats your opinion. I personally love Japanese horror films. :D

And the boy opening his mouth to meow was symbolism of what happened to him when he died.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:11 PM

He meowed because the cat and him were killed at the same time.

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 03:11 PM

Most illegal topics are fun while they last. :)

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Dont see how it was illegal..it was not advocating drug use..was not political and religion was only brought in as a reference It was a thread asking opinions of the members...but I digress to stay on topic in this thread

mustang04
The 1st person I have ever heard call it lame. But hey thats your opinion. I personally love Japanese horror films. :D

And the boy opening his mouth to meow was symbolism of what happened to him when he died.

i know that...but it was more funny than scary.....kinda LAME...and your one of the few who have said it wasn't lame...cuz everybody i know say the same thing...it was a stupid attempt of a horror movie.....it was like the exact same as the Ring...which was based off the Japanese movie Ring-O or RingU or somethin like that

BuffyMars
Originally posted by pirate4state

Hasn't been any controversy lately....guess we got some going while it lasted. ;)

But Terry is still a poophead. :tongue:

Actually, I just like saying poophead. Poophead. Everybody should try it.

Its quite liberating.

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Dont see how it was illegal..it was not advocating drug use..was not political and religion was only brought in as a reference It was a thread asking opinions of the members...but I digress to stay on topic in this thread

Topic schmopic! :rolleyes:

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
i know that...but it was more funny than scary.....kinda LAME...and your one of the few who have said it wasn't lame...cuz everybody i know say the same thing...it was a stupid attempt of a horror movie.....it was like the exact same as the Ring...which was based off the Japanese movie Ring-O or RingU or somethin like that

You must not like ghost stories then.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Japanese horror movies have different principles that American. We go for big scare moments little plot. They go for creepiness and there plots usually revolve around women/kid ghost looking to revenge their deaths.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:15 PM
You must not like ghost stories then.

ghost stories are one thing....Lame movies are in a whoooole different ballpark:rolleyes:

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Japanese horror movies have different principles that American. We go for big scare moments little plot. They go for creepiness and there plots usually revolve around women/kid ghost looking to revenge their deaths.

We need to just realize that our 2 brilliant minds just aren't understood. ;)

I am telling you, we need to move to Japan. :D

theyoefnshow

It's the best horror film I have seen since The Grudge.

credibility lost right there. the Grudge was terrible. as was thr Ring.

mustang04

only to be killed by.........GODZILLA!!!!! AAUUUGGGHHH hahaha:D

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Shudder. Gasp!

Wow. I guess people just don't understand Japanese horror. :dispntd: :twitch:

Sad.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM

We just have a love for horror movies

Blastoderm55
The Ring scared the bejesus out of me. I'm horrified of little kids with bad attitudes. And talking dogs. Summer of Sam, anyone? :eek: :eek:

mustang04
Shudder. Gasp!

Wow. I guess people just don't understand Japanese horror. :dispntd: :twitch:

no...i think we understand it.....maybe you meant to say appreciate?

CHS_CG
03-20-2007, 03:19 PM
I am goin to see the Hills Have Eyes 2 this weekend. I won movie tickets off of the radio yesterday but they expire after april so I cant wait to use em for the 3rd pirates movie so the hills have eyes 2 will work

BuffyMars
no...i think we understand it.....maybe you meant to say appreciate?

No.

mustang04
We just have a love for horror movies

you have bad taste then davinci

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:21 PM

To each his own. We can't help we have better taste than you. Please don't hate.

:cool:

Txbroadcaster

Just a different taste not better or worse than yours Mozart

mustang04
No.

no...okay then so you meant to say understand

but appreciate is a lil more appropriate for what you were trying to say...cuz there was nothing to 'understand' about the movie

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I understand that they are all the same. you want scary? give you exorcism of emily rose, children of the corn and more recently. the Decsent.

ill call the faculty horror before I do the grudge.

BuffyMars

but appreciate is a lil more appropriate for what you were trying to say...cuz there was nothing to 'understand' about the movie

Understand, as in how Japan, South Korea, etc. have a different way of depicting a horror film.

Its totally different than American films.

Txbroadcaster

LOL well you asked what was up with the kid meowing..so I guess you did not understand that...Picasso

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I understand that they are all the same. you want scary? give you exorcism of emily rose, children of the corn and more recently. the Decsent.

Ahhhhhhhahahahaha!! That made me giggle.

The exorcisim of EMily Rose, yes.

The Descent was so boring I had to stop watching it.

And Children of the Corn, GREAT story, but I wouldn't call it scary.

Again difference in opinion.

Oh and the Faculty is more like a comedy to me, lol.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Love the first two movies u mentioned..was dissapointed in the Decsent..I think I was expecting more of it because of the buzz it was generating

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL well you asked what was up with the kid meowing..so I guess you did not understand that...Picasso

no....i understand the movie, the whole ghost of the deceased theme...but i do not "appreciate" it.... vangough

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM

Oh and the Faculty is more like a comedy to me, lol.

yeah well the Grudge is like a played out bedtime story to me:D

BuffyMars
no....i understand the movie, the whole ghost of the deceased theme...but i do not "appreciate" it.... vangough

Van Gogh

Txbroadcaster

To a point yes..but it goes beyond that..the sounds they made was in correlation to their deaths. The girl made the gutteral sound..that was because that is how her breathing was after her neck was broke right before she died.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Van Gogh

you would, whitman

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
yeah well the Grudge is like a played out bedtime story to me:D

Yeah....well.....yo momma.

That's what this is turning into. :doh:

ITS A FREAKIN MOVIE. I was simply giving my opinion. Take it or leave it.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
To a point yes..but it goes beyond that..the sounds they made was in correlation to their deaths. The girl made the gutteral sound..that was because that is how her breathing was after her neck was broke right before she died.

your telling me stuff i already know.....reminding me even more of how stupid the movie was

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh and one more thing.

The guys that brought you Saw are the ones bring you Dead Silence. So there is food for thought.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah....well.....yo momma.

That's what this is turning into. :doh:

ITS A FREAKIN MOVIE. I was simply giving my opinion. Take it or leave it.

and i simply gave my opinion as well.....can't take it when ppl voice their opinions about yours????? you might just not make it here on the downlow:(

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
your telling me stuff i already know.....reminding me even more of how stupid the movie was

Would you prefer we talk about the Carebears?

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
the only entertaining thing in the ring is when the horse goes ape**** crazy and then gets chopped up. japanese horror along with borat, will ferell and jack black just don't do much for me in terms of entertainment.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh and one more thing.

The guys that brought you Saw are the ones bring you Dead Silence. So there is food for thought.

saw was good...suspenseful..not scary..but really good

dead silence looks to be really good, i wont argue with you there...you just lost me when you said it was scariest since the grudge...thanks mrs. dickinson:)

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Would you prefer we talk about the Carebears?

yes please

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
and i simply gave my opinion as well.....can't take it when ppl voice their opinions about yours????? you might just not make it here on the downlow:(

I can take it, I was just giving you a hard time just like you were giving me. But then you say I won't make it here, LOL.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM

dead silence looks to be really good, i wont argue with you there...you just lost me when you said it was scariest since the grudge...thanks mrs. dickinson:)

Well one thing..If you love horror movies then u know that in the past 3 years there have not been any real good ones..So to say it was the best since Grudge while a compliment to the Grudge..is also saying how bad the horror movie film biz has been for hardcore horror movies.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
I can take it, I was just giving you a hard time just like you were giving me. But then you say I won't make it here, LOL.

you were giving me a hard time...oh i didn't even notice...my bad:doh:

theyoefnshow
I didn't knock dead silence at all. I went after you putting "the Grudge" and "great" in the same sentence without the words "big" and "poop" in said sentence.

BuffyMars

No, no, no. I did not say scary. I said it was the BEST horror film I have seen since the Grudge.

Nor did I say Saw was scary, lol. Saw was a psychological thriller in my book, much like Se7en.

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Well one thing..If you love horror movies then u know that in the past 3 years there have not been any real good ones..So to say it was the best since Grudge while a compliment to the Grudge..is also saying how bad the horror movie film biz has been for hardcore horror movies.

past 3 years....try longer than that....horror movies as of late are pathetic

i'll agree with you on this one mr. hawkins

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
you were giving me a hard time...oh i didn't even notice...my bad:doh:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........you got me! :speech:

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
No, no, no. I did not say scary. I said it was the BEST horror film I have seen since the Grudge.

Nor did I say Saw was scary, lol. Saw was a psychological thriller in my book, much like Se7en.

i know you didn't say Saw was scary:doh:

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........you got me! :speech: :kiss: :D

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Well, maybe I shouldn't have used the word "illegal".

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
In fact. The only "scary" reference I used throughout my entire post was....creepy and that was towards the old lady. She looks awesome.

:D

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
past 3 years....try longer than that....horror movies as of late are pathetic

i'll agree with you on this one mr. hawkins

oh I agree..but was just referring to the time between the Grudge and Dead Silence.

There have been some nice gems in the tub o crap but not enough..BUT that is what happens if you like a genre such as horror. You learn to like the bad ones for being cheesy bad and enjoy the good ones that much more. Mr. Wallace

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:42 PM
oh I agree..but was just referring to the time between the Grudge and Dead Silence.

There have been some nice gems in the tub o crap but not enough..BUT that is what happens if you like a genre such as horror. You learn to like the bad ones for being cheesy bad and enjoy the good ones that much more. Mr. Wallace

I enjoyed SIlent Hill. I forgot about that one.

I am like a guy when it comes to movies. I want slapstick, horror, and war dramas.

NOTHING else.

I hate romatic comedies! I hate action movies. I think they are the gayest things in the world. In fact I don't like much of anything mainstream.

But thats just me. ;)

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:43 PM

i liked the ring for a good laugh...cuz i'd start makin the same noise as her in the theater...it was hilarious haha so touche mr. nixon

oh...and buffy....you said best horror, right....well..horror movies are supposed to be scary...so when someone says 'best horror' i can't help but imply 'scariest'

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM

I am just a guy when....

hahahaha...that's kinda funny that you say that

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
hahahaha...that's kinda funny that you say that

Ok, "like" a guy. Better?

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok, "like" a guy. Better?

nonono....its just that i read an article in Maxim yesterday about women trying to become "one of the guys" haha

you were good with what you said...just made me think of the article

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:51 PM
nonono....its just that i read an article in Maxim yesterday about women trying to become "one of the guys" haha

you were good with what you said...just made me think of the article

Ohhhhh.... gotcha. I am not really "one of the guys" per se...just when it comes to movies. ;)

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Ohhhhh.... gotcha. I am not really "one of the guys" per se...just when it comes to movies. ;)

ic ic...well thats cool...but sometimes don't forget to at least pretend to be 'girly' and hold on to the guy during scary scenes....he'll like it;)

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
ic ic...well thats cool...but sometimes don't forget to at least pretend to be 'girly' and hold on to the guy during scary scenes....he'll like it;)

Hahaha!! My last boyfriend, we went to see the Exorcist re-release in the theaters with the extra scenes added.

He got so freaked out he was grabbing onto me and I was just sitting there staring at the movie. :doh:

mustang04
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Hahaha!! My last boyfriend, we went to see the Exorcist re-release in the theaters with the extra scenes added.

He got so freaked out he was grabbing onto me and I was just sitting there staring at the movie. :doh:

that's why you date men and not boys...but sorry i'm not looking for a relationship...thanks tho:D

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
that's why you date men and not boys...but sorry i'm not looking for a relationship...thanks tho:D

I just blew coke through my nose. And its all over my keyboard now.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mustang04
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM

good....i'm just trying to do my part to lighten the mood of the board

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM

better sniff it back up...I hear that stuff is quite expensive.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
better sniff it back up...I hear that stuff is quite expensive.

HAHAHA NICE

carter08
03-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I like movies

Sometimes