PDA

View Full Version : Judge in Anna Nicole court case caught smoking Pot

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - A judge who had a secondary role in the recent Anna Nicole Smith proceedings was charged with smoking marijuana in a city park, police said Monday.

Lawrence Korda was smoking marijuana while sitting under a tree Sunday, police said. Three officers who were training there saw Korda and field-tested the cigarette, said Capt. Tony Rode, a police spokesman.

The judge was not arrested. He was given a misdemeanor citation to appear in court.

"Judge Korda was not given special treatment because of his status as a circuit court judge," Rode said. "He was provided with a notice to appear. That's exactly what 99 percent of other offenders would have been given for this type of offense."

A message left by The Associated Press at the judge's chambers after hours Monday was not immediately returned.

The fight over control of the former Playboy Playmate and reality TV star's body began in Korda's courtroom. It ended up being heard by Circuit Judge Larry Seidlin, who carved his own slice of celebrity from the televised hearings with his relentless one-liners and blubbering announcement of his decision.

Seidlin allowed a court-appointed advocate for Smith's infant daughter decide where Smith should be buried, and the lawyer decided it would be in the Bahamas.

Korda later heard brief arguments in a related case, seeking to determine the biological father of the baby. He ruled that a Bahamian court had jurisdiction over the child's custody.

piratebg
03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
:smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

WOOOWEEEEEEEEE!

This is better than the Family Circus!

DU_stud04
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and field-tested the cigarette, said Capt. Tony Rode, a police spokesman.

I bet they did!

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macarthur
03-20-2007, 10:32 AM
When are we going to at least decriminalize pot? It is absolutely nuts. We have failed miserably at the war on drugs.

I am convinced that if we at lease decriminalize most, if not all, illegal drugs, it will have a drastic positive effect on our law enforcement officers and military.

44INAROW
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I think the guy still wants his 15 minutes of fame and he doesn't care HOW he gets it :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
i think hes an idiot!

Keith7
03-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
When are we going to at least decriminalize pot? It is absolutely nuts. We have failed miserably at the war on drugs.

I am convinced that if we at lease decriminalize most, if not all, illegal drugs, it will have a drastic positive effect on our law enforcement officers and military.

I agree.. we spend billions on the "war on drugs" and lock up thousands of people each year because of something as harmless as marijuana.. locking away these innocent people is a waste of our tax money, and just adds to the already over populated jail/prison community..

BuffyMars
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I agree.. we spend billions on the "war on drugs" and lock up thousands of people each year because of something as harmless as marijuana.. locking away these innocent people is a waste of our tax money, and just adds to the over populated jail/prison community..

Amen.

There is a controversial thread for ya. Let's start one.

:devil: :devil: :devil: