PDA

View Full Version : Realignment

kepdawg
03-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Who makes the districts for middle schools? How often is it done?

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who makes the districts for middle schools? How often is it done?

ARENT THEY THE SAME AS THE HIGH SCHOOLS?

Black_Magic
03-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
ARENT THEY THE SAME AS THE HIGH SCHOOLS? yes

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
UIL does not force Middle Schools to play a district schedule. Some schools get together with other local schools and form their own "middle school districts".

Black_Magic
03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
UIL does not force Middle Schools to play a district schedule. Some schools get together with other local schools and form their own "middle school districts". they play what ever schedule they want but the "district" is the same as the high school. they may not play any of the other schools in the "district" but they still have one.

18handicap
03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Many districts use the same alignment as the UIL, but they don't have to. A lot of places just get together and make their own junior high districts. It's not practical for us to use the same district for junior high/middle schools as the high school district. So we have our own with the Bryan schools, the College Station schools, and Brenham, and I think one more.

smustangs
03-20-2007, 11:56 AM
If i had to make some of drives the varsity does with jr. high kids i would pull my hair out or we would come home w/ a few less.

Matthew328
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Most of the time junior highs just get together with other local junior highs and play their own schedule...I remember when I was at Everman JH our "district" was

Everman
Crowley MS
Crowley Stevens MS
Granbury MS
Granbury Meadows MS
Burleson JH
Joshua MS
Cleburne MS
Weatherford MS

but the HS district at the time was

Everman
Waxahachie
Cedar Hill
Midlothian
Red Oak
Ennis

thewyliefan
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
the middle schools in abilene..minus wylie..play the other middle schools in the city

Matthew328
03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
doesnt Wylie have some deal with Brownwood in middle school??

injuredinmelee
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
doesnt Wylie have some deal with Brownwood in middle school??

yes but you dont hardly ever see the Wylie jr high play a Abilene school. They try to follw the hs schedule but it isnt feasible to take jr high kids to Frenship or Wimberly etc.

WOS87
03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
From the UIL Constitution:

link: Section 1400 of the UIL Constitution (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/constitution/elem/06_07sec1400_01.pdf)

(i) MEMBERSHIP.
(1) School District. Junior high/middle schools receive membership in the League through the paid memberships of their
feeder high schools.
(2) K-8 School Systems. For school systems with no high schools, refer to the membership fee structure in Sections 10
through 15.
(3) Superintendent’s Responsibility. The superintendent shall have final responsibility for membership. When a school
board elects to pay membership fees to join the League, it agrees to accept and observe the terms of participation in the
contests as set forth in the Constitution and Contest Rules. This is a voluntary organization. All conditions surrounding
participation are freely accepted and both the letter and spirit of the rules are to be observed. Thus, when disputes arise,
they shall be settled by the committees in the prescribed manner.
(j) DISTRICTS.
(1) No District Assignments. Junior high schools will not be assigned to junior high districts or conferences by the League
office. Schools may follow the high school Spring Meet district assignments or form their own district. Students will
represent their campus in the junior high academic and athletic district meets.
(2) Required Assignments. The UIL office reserves the right to assign contestants or teams to districts.
(3) Composite or Combined Teams. Students will represent their campus. Combined or composite teams are not allowed in
UIL district academic or athletic competitions.

VWG
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Budgets... that is what it boils down to.
Schools don't have the money to bus 7th and 8th grade teams all over the place. It's more convenient to stay within closer range of other schools they can play.

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Our junior high football teams play almost the same schedule as high school. The exception for this 2-year period is they play Marble Falls the week the high school teams play Cuero.

garageoffice
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
There are almost no other 3A schools left near us, so the past two years when we were in the South Dallas district our JH played in a district with Everman, Alvarado, Midlothian (both schools) and Waxahachie.

With our current district being so far-flung, I'm not sure if they stayed the same or not.

WOS87
03-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Up until the early 90's WO-S still had 2 junior highs that fed into the one high school which I know was a rarity in 4A, and probably doesn't exist in 3A anywhere.

It would be impossible for all the junior highs feeding into the large 5A schools to be combined in a district like the high schools because a district with eight large 5A high schools would sometimes have over 20 junior highs feeding in to those 8 schools, which I guess may be possible to schedule round-robin in basketball or baseball but not for a football schedule.

mustang59
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Budgets... that is what it boils down to.
Schools don't have the money to bus 7th and 8th grade teams all over the place. It's more convenient to stay within closer range of other schools they can play.
Also, most of those middle school games are played during the week and you don't want those kids getting home late on a school night.