PDA

View Full Version : Did ya'll know that the NCAA

injuredinmelee
03-20-2007, 08:52 AM
has a women's bracket going at the same time as the real bracket? Of course the Lady Horns are not part of the field.. again.

Adidas410s
03-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
has a women's bracket going at the same time as the real bracket? Of course the Lady Horns are not part of the field.. again.

That's what a mediocore season with a 6-10 conference record will do to ya... :(

pirate4state
03-20-2007, 09:36 AM
has a women's bracket going at the same time as the real bracket? Of course the Lady Horns are not part of the field.. again. yeah, i just found that out. read in the paper that the Lady Aggies lost. Isn't that the reason the UT coach stepped down? Not making the tourney the past 2 seasons?? :thinking:

injuredinmelee
03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
that was one of the reasons. She had been there FOREVER. Might be time for soem new blood.

sahen
03-20-2007, 11:34 AM
the lady bears play tonight in the second round....gotta beat NC State in North Carolina to get to the sweet 16 for the 4th straight year, gonna be tuff but hopefully they can do it....at Baylor we know about the women's bracket, unfortunately that is what happens when your men's team sucks....

kepdawg
03-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Real bracket? :rolleyes:

sahen
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Real bracket? :rolleyes: he is only saying that cause the lady horns arent in it, its like the aggies a couple years ago..baylor wins a national championship in women's basketball and they say "its just women's basketball no one cares" which may be true for them until they swept us this year, I sure didnt get the impression from the aggies that no one cared then....just like i didnt get the impression from the horns that women's basketball wasn't "real" until these past 2 years....its an easy sport to disreguard if ur not doing well casue of the stigma of women's sports, however winning a national championship in women's bball is pretty much behind only football and men's basketball in prestige in college sports, i would say baseball follows closely in 4th....

sahen
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
btw, Bears lose to NC State in OT at NC State's gym...that is something that is messed up about college basketball, somehow you can host a NCAA game in the tourney, talk about an unfair advantage....

mwynn05
03-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by sahen
btw, Bears lose to NC State in OT at NC State's gym...that is something that is messed up about college basketball, somehow you can host a NCAA game in the tourney, talk about an unfair advantage.... they have to for womens basketball or no one will show up to the first 2 rounds im glad nc state won though a former co-worker of mines girlfriend or fiancee plays for them

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd like to see the #1 boys HS basketball team take on the girls NC.

sahen
03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
they have to for womens basketball or no one will show up to the first 2 rounds im glad nc state won though a former co-worker of mines girlfriend or fiancee plays for them actually women's basketball was supposed to have changed a few years ago to a Pod format like the men's where sites are predetermined before the season starts....apparantly NC State just got lucky this year

Cameron Crazy
03-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, maybe next year they will be good! Duke girls will win it all!

lepfan
03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'd like to see the #1 boys HS basketball team take on the girls NC. The OU women's BB team practices against men players (I think it is the ones who maybe did not make the cut for the men's team). I am sure many other college women's BB teams do the same. :)

Matthew328
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
#1 boys high school team would roll past the women's national champions...

I guarantee you Duncanville would destroy any D-1 college womens team

sahen
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
The OU women's BB team practices against men players (I think it is the ones who maybe did not make the cut for the men's team). I am sure many other college women's BB teams do the same. :)
all major programs practice against men for now....i know there was a title IX lawsuit about this earlier this year where someone was suing trying to make the women use female practice players...at Baylor the coaches actually watch the later rounds of the intramural tourney from what i have heard to find players to practice with...

mwynn05
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
all major programs practice against men for now....i know there was a title IX lawsuit about this earlier this year where someone was suing trying to make the women use female practice players...at Baylor the coaches actually watch the later rounds of the intramural tourney from what i have heard to find players to practice with... what they do here is when the men have a try put if they have some good players who just arent good enough to make the team the will tell the womens coaches about them

sahen
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
what they do here is when the men have a try put if they have some good players who just arent good enough to make the team the will tell the womens coaches about them
yah, im sure that happens here to as well, but the last open tryout i remember us having was back when i was a freshman and we lost our team do to the murder scandel....i think for the most part they go get intramural guys at baylor...

lepfan
03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
we lost our team do to the murder scandel.... That was some wacked out business...many lives scared!