PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers and Roids

eagles_victory
03-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Eleven professional wrestlers, including the WWE's Randy Orton, have joined the list of athletes linked to a nationwide steroids investigation.

SI.com reported Monday that Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs -- including stanozolol, nandrolone and testosterone -- between March 2004 and August 2004. According to the documents SI.com reviewed, two doctors whose names also appear in Gary Matthews Jr.'s file, wrote prescriptions for Orton.

Orton, through the WWE, declined comment, SI.com said.

In its review of documents, SI.com reported it found Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH from Applied Pharmacy in Mobile, Ala., one of the pharmacies raided in the investigation led by Albany, N.Y., District Attorney David Soares.

Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment, SI.com said.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis told SI.com that WWE policy prohibits performance-enhancing drugs but would not say whether any wrestlers have tested positive since the policy was enacted.

Also linked to the scandal, in various reports, are baseball's Jose Canseco, John Rocker, Jerry Hairston Jr. and David Bell, former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, Pittsburgh Steelers doctor Richard Rydze, 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle and bodybuilder Victor Martinez.

Monday, SI.com also reported Arizona doctor David Wilbirt's name has come up in multiple files, including Angle, Oscar Gutierrez (stage name Rey Mysterio) and former WWE star Eddie Guerrero, who died in 2005.

Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment to SI.com about the report that Wilbirt had prescribed him nandrolone and stanozolol.

Wilbirt told SI.com he's not practicing medicine now.

"I'll tell you one thing and then this conversation is going to end," Wilbirt told SI.com when asked about the professional wrestlers. "They had done blood work and had laboratory work done and they had come to see me."

District303aPastPlayer
03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
honestly, it was only a matter of time

Who-dun-it!!?
03-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Steroids??!! WWE??!!

Who'd a thunk it!!??

Maroon87
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Steroids??!! WWE??!!

Who'd a thunk it!!??

I had no clue!;)

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 08:28 AM
i have a feeling nothing will ever be done about it and the steroid issue will continue to be an issue for years with nothing ever done!

Bullaholic
03-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I will never forget watching this clip of John Stossel interviewing Doctor D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35wyVQxXUA

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Now take into account this:

WWE posted the following statement on WWE.com a few moments ago.

A Statement From World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
March 19, 2007

All of the allegations set forth in a recent SI.com article mentioning WWE predate the initiation of WWE's current Talent Wellness Program. This WWE program prohibits the use of performance enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. For purposes of WWE's policy, prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose.

While I have no doubt that this has been the case in the past, the wellness policy that "the E" put in progress after the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero has worked out quite well. There have been guys already who have been busted and suspended and/or released. Furthermore, nearly all professional athletes take some sort of performance enhancing substance and that applies to college athletes as well as those in high school. These guys get the spotlight being that it's "so cliche."

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 10:35 AM
This issue is tired. If the athletes want to use steroids let 'em. Can't keep standing around waiting to say "told you so."

themsu97
03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
next thing you know, someone will say that wrestling is fake

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Moron.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 11:48 AM

No, it has real guys, in real spandex, really grabbing each other. If you get it any more real than that, you have to walk into a XXX store and show an ID proving that you're 18.

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
No, it has real guys, in real spandex, really grabbing each other. If you get it any more real than that, you have to walk into a XXX store and show an ID proving that you're 18.

Could just watch football. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Could just watch football. ;)

We don't wear spandex, and it's also against the rules to touch the other players' genitals, which is encouraged in wrestling.

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 11:53 AM
We don't wear spandex, and it's also against the rules to touch the other players' genitals, which is encouraged in wrestling.

And in Rockdale.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
And in Rockdale.

Taught to us by Cameron players, who are the experts and true authorities on the subject.

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Just butt-slapping right? :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Just butt-slapping right? :cool:

Only after a good play. ;)

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 12:10 PM
And as a pick-me-up after a bad play?
And in the shower?

:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:11 PM
And as a pick-me-up after a bad play?
And in the shower?

:D

Sometimes, but I don't like to kiss and tell. :p

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
well I'd say my point was just proven.

Bullaholic
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
So--Where do most of the "manly" men come from in Centex---Rockdale or Cameron? :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
So--Where do most of the "manly" men come from in Centex---Rockdale or Cameron? :D

The wrestling type come from Cameron.

burnet44
03-20-2007, 12:32 PM
it would appear neither by this thread

yeah wwf or www or what ever ww
can say what they want

yeah those guys aint on the juice

20 inch arms
6 foot 300 lbs

yeah all natural

kinda like Chyna
all natural lol

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
No, it has real guys, in real spandex, really grabbing each other. If you get it any more real than that, you have to walk into a XXX store and show an ID proving that you\'re 18.
UFC isn\'t any better. It\'s a couple kicks and punches, then they are bother leg locked on the ground. Alot more \'intimate\' touching in UFC than WWE.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
UFC isn\'t any better. It\'s a couple kicks and punches, then they are bother leg locked on the ground. Alot more \'intimate\' touching in UFC than WWE.

Yes, but we're talking about professional wrestling in this thread. Stay to the point and take it elsewhere.

themsu97
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
are you now going to say that the outcome of matches are predetermined and that the whole thing is choreographed

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2007, 12:49 PM
are you now going to say that the outcome of matches are predetermined and that the whole thing is choreographed

Yep, Lance Bass is the one who shows all of them the moves.

themsu97
03-20-2007, 12:56 PM
sssaaawwwweeeetttt... wrestling is not the same without the Rock

IHS Fan
03-20-2007, 12:57 PM
wrestling isn't fake . just watch this. there is some great acting in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxU4iYgcumQ

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
sssaaawwwweeeetttt... wrestling is not the same without the Rock

Yeah, but he makes good movies. I think he's a better actor anyways.

TexasHSFootball
and Donald Trump is getting his head shaved. :rolleyes:

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Not his real hair anyway. :p

themsu97
03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
of course he is a great actor... he has years training in the wwe...

Highschoolfan78
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Those botches were great ! haha... but it didnt have Sid breaking his leg.

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
wrestling isn't fake . just watch this. there is some great acting in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxU4iYgcumQ
Brock Lesnar is the king of botches.

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Lesnar? no way. Sabu by far.

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Isn't he usuallly on the receiving end of the botch. Getting plopped on his head by Benoit comes to mind.

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Sabu can atleast recover. The bit with lesnar just standing there while angle was trying to get in was horrible. That is probably why he couldn't make it int he NFL, you have to improvise on defense.

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
it would appear neither by this thread

yeah wwf or www or what ever ww
can say what they want

yeah those guys aint on the juice

20 inch arms
6 foot 300 lbs

yeah all natural

kinda like Chyna
all natural lol
By using that logic then most of the NFL is on steroids to.

Emerson1
03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes, but we're talking about professional wrestling in this thread. Stay to the point and take it elsewhere.
ok pot

theyoefnshow
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
hmm..I'm 5'7 w/ 18 inch arms....and i use no enhancer of any sort. Stop being stereotypical.

As for Sabu....when he goes for high spots involving chairs and the ropes he connects accurately about half the time. To his credit, when he DOES hit it good, it usually looks wicked sick.

Diocletian
03-20-2007, 08:18 PM
the WWE is a part of everyone's life one way or another either you are a fan or your kids friends siblings even parents.....

this issue is just as important to all of us as football because the same problem with young kids aspiring to achieve goals are leading towards prof wrest as well as other prof sports....

even though we all truely know the "act" isn't very real but the lives of the men and women doing it are

in my mind this is a huge deal and i'm glad they've went public to open the eyes of our younger generation,

Bull19
03-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I WONDER WHAT STONE COLD THINKS OF ALL OF THIS?