PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park 32 Ballinger 21 nm

wildstangs
11-15-2003, 01:01 AM

GWOOD
11-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Dang! Was counting on Ballinger to take care of Kennedale again this year.

wildstangs
11-15-2003, 01:04 AM
GWOOD:
Dang! Was counting on Ballinger to take care of Kennedale again this year.Yeah I have a feeling Kennedale is going to punish Iowa Park this week.

Catfan
11-15-2003, 02:10 AM
gosh gwood i was hoping for a rematch of kennedale and ballinger also, to shut people like you up. Why do you feel the need to cut down ANY team in the playoffs....show some respect, each team got there because they needed to beat whomever to get there. Support all 3a teams.....show some class, and there will be no need to cut YOU down

Ranger Mom
11-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Catfan:
gosh gwood i was hoping for a rematch of kennedale and ballinger also, to shut people like you up. Why do you feel the need to cut down ANY team in the playoffs....show some respect, each team got there because they needed to beat whomever to get there. Support all 3a teams.....show some class, and there will be no need to cut YOU downWOW...that seems a bit harsh!! There is a possibility we could meet up with Kennedale down the road. We've played Ballinger 3 times in the last 2 years - we KNOW them, Kennedale is an unknown to us. I don't think that was a cut-down to Kennedale at all!!

vet93
11-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Your response was out of line to what Gwood posted. He was referencing Ballinger upseting a very good Kennedale team last year making it easier on Greenwood. He was hoping that it could happen again...nothing wrong with that. In a sense he was paying Kennedale an off-hand compliment. I am sure glad that LadyKat and Catsden are from Kennedale to redeem you guys because right now it is hard to find a more immature group of posters since some of the Glen Rose posters left.

Catfan:
gosh gwood i was hoping for a rematch of kennedale and ballinger also, to shut people like you up. Why do you feel the need to cut down ANY team in the playoffs....show some respect, each team got there because they needed to beat whomever to get there. Support all 3a teams.....show some class, and there will be no need to cut YOU down

vet93
11-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Now, back to football...IP played a great game. They came up with big plays in the second half that negated a good effort by the Bearcats. The quarterback played like a smaller version of Dawson Wilbur...he was quick and elusive and made something out of broken plays. As well as IP played I think that they will be cannon fodder for Kennedale if the cats take care of business. They will have way too much speed for the Hawks. I thought that IP had some very innovative plays with some single wing plays that can really throw you off and some misdirection passing that was pretty clever. The quarterback draw was a big play for them...actually it wasn't really a draw...it was more like he just followed his fullback through the hole and was so small that he often got lost in the shuffle. Ballinger had difficulty dealing with his overall quickness. Good effort by the bearcats...much more intensity than in the game against Wylie. Coach Buxkemper probably has the gym open as I am typing for basketball....he usually doesn't waste much time!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear that the Bearcats lost. IP does have a good team and just seems to win games. I think they will give Kennedale a better game that the other posters here think. Now that Ballinger is out you can root for my Vernon boys. They have a team much like the Ballinger of last year. Not real big, not real fast, no star players, but just a good football team that plays hard. So come on all you Bearcats fans and join up with the Lions for their run.

Chief Woodman
11-16-2003, 09:21 PM
No insult intended, but I hope that Vernon's run ends this week. :D :D :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2003, 12:39 AM
None taken, but I hope that Decatur's ends!! :D :D :D

CatsDen
11-17-2003, 07:29 AM
I don't know anything about Iowa Park, but I was hoping for a re-match with Ballinger. The "re-match" games are usually more exciting. The playoff location (Boswell) is great! They have really built a nice stadium.

vet93
11-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Congratulations on a great win against Brady. I told everyone that the running game of Vernon would overpower Brady and it did. Hey...I have been on the Vernon bandwagon all year. They are playing good ball right now. Of course...I also picked Decatur to take the region this year so now I am in a dilema. How about I just wish good luck to both teams and hope for an injury free game! By the way....How did #35 do? He will likely get a workout against Dane and company this week. Should be an exciting week for him.

Z motion 10 out on 2:
Sorry to hear that the Bearcats lost. IP does have a good team and just seems to win games. I think they will give Kennedale a better game that the other posters here think. Now that Ballinger is out you can root for my Vernon boys. They have a team much like the Ballinger of last year. Not real big, not real fast, no star players, but just a good football team that plays hard. So come on all you Bearcats fans and join up with the Lions for their run.

CatWoman
11-17-2003, 09:58 AM
I haven't had a chance to post since my Bearcats lost. I guess it wasn't in the cards this year, but I'm still proud of them and the excitement and entertainment they give us on Friday nights.

I now turn my support to Merkel, Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie - Go West Texas! I am also rooting for Vernon and Iowa Park.

Good luck to all the rest of the dance!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Vet:

My son has been sick the past several days and only played a couple of seriers on offense. He did grab a 27 yard reception on a key 3rd and long. He just looked green out there. Hopefully he will get better this week.

Knowing my son would be a senior this year and after getting beat in teh first round last year, all I wanted from Santa was for my son to get the chance to experience a playoff victory and get to celebrate on teh field during the trophy presentation. Well he got that opportunity and I took lots of pictures. Anything else now is gravy and I just hope that Vernon will give Decatur a good game. I haven't seen them play but I think they probably have a much more talented team than Vernon. With all things taken into consideration Decatur should beat Vernon. But it will be for those interpections, fumbles and penalties that my Lions will be hoping for. Mistakes they can take advantage of. Each year there are teams that beat teams that they shouldn't. I hope this will be one of those times. If not it was a great run and I enjoyed watching my only son play football for 6 years. Maybe he will get a chance to play on saturdays and I can keep watching!

Chief Woodman
11-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Z motion- you are so right. Decatur respects Vernon tremendously. We must play a mistake free game. Turnovers by Decatur would lead to a Vernon victory. Heck even without them Vernon can win. Good luck to both teams...and no stinking injuries...it is just a game after all!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey Chief maybe I can visit with you during halftime or before the game. I would just like to put a face with a name. The only thing is that the stadium has two seperate sides so I would have to get one of my police friends (who works the games) to get me over to the other side.

Let me know.

pero chato
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
CatWoman:
I haven't had a chance to post since my Bearcats lost. I guess it wasn't in the cards this year, but I'm still proud of them and the excitement and entertainment they give us on Friday nights.

I now turn my support to Merkel, Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie - Go West Texas! I am also rooting for Vernon and Iowa Park.

Good luck to all the rest of the dance!!Ditto that CatWoman. I was disappointed in the Ballinger loss as well. I really thought they would rebound after Wylie and focus on the playoff run. Sounds like Ballinger has an outstanding group of players coming up next year. If ya'll drop to 2A, Ballinger should dominate. I WILL go to the Jim Ned/Ballinger game if there is one! Anyway, like you, I'm sticking with the West Texas bunch for the rest of this year.

CatWoman
11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
pero chato:

CatWoman:

Good luck to all the rest of the dance!!Ditto that CatWoman. I was disappointed in the Ballinger loss as well. I really thought they would rebound after Wylie and focus on the playoff run. Sounds like Ballinger has an outstanding group of players coming up next year. If ya'll drop to 2A, Ballinger should dominate. I WILL go to the Jim Ned/Ballinger game if there is one! Anyway, like you, I'm sticking with the West Texas bunch for the rest of this year.If we do drop to 2A there is no guarantee it will be a cake walk. There are some quality teams in 2A, such as Jim Ned. I personally hope we aren't in their district if we drop!! We'll just have to wait and see what comes out in February - then just 6 months till kickoff!

vet93
11-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Pero Chato...congratulations on a great win by the Bulldogs...I would really like to see you guys give ole everman a run for their money. Here is an interesting twist to the Jim Ned scenario. I think that they turned in something like 371 on their ADA. Ballinger turned in 329. It is possible that Ballinger could go 2A and be replaced by Jim Ned. Then...Wylie would get to deal with Colt McCoy and company!!! wink

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: vet93 ]</small>

CatWoman
11-17-2003, 02:20 PM
vet93:
Pero Chato...congratulations on a great win by the Bulldogs...I would really like to see you guys give ole everman a run for their money. Here is an interesting twist to the Jim Ned scenario. I think that they turned in something like 371 on their ADA. Ballinger turned in 329. It is possible that Ballinger could go 2A and be replaced by Jim Ned. Then...Wylie would get to deal with Cold McCoy and company!!! wink Man, Jim Ned and Wylie - that could sure turn into an intense rivalry!

pero chato
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
CatWoman:

vet93:
Pero Chato...congratulations on a great win by the Bulldogs...I would really like to see you guys give ole everman a run for their money. Here is an interesting twist to the Jim Ned scenario. I think that they turned in something like 371 on their ADA. Ballinger turned in 329. It is possible that Ballinger could go 2A and be replaced by Jim Ned. Then...Wylie would get to deal with Cold McCoy and company!!! wink Man, Jim Ned and Wylie - that could sure turn into an intense rivalry!Apparently back in the 70's and maybe earlier, Jim Ned/Wylie was the big rivalry. As far back as I can remember (mid 80's), we haven't played them. They have a hoss in Colt McCoy. They should go deep in the playoffs this year, but then again, you never know. It will be interesting to see where the UIL puts the cutoffs next year. I suspect Ballinger will go 2A with an ADA of 329. I think we'll stay 3A, but I don't know our ADA.