PDA

View Full Version : JR High Player Dies from Heat Exhaustion near Tyler!

Olinecoach
09-05-2002, 10:41 AM
When are people going to wise up and get educated about the HEAT????? You know what is eventually going to happen. 2-A-Days will be pushed back to September or October! Coaches need to communicate with parents and athletes about the affects of the Texas sun! This is getting way out of hand! Any player going down is one to many! I know there are other stipulations, but communications is the key.

BigRedfan
09-05-2002, 11:35 AM
According to the report of KLTV television station, the experts do not know whether it was from heat or not. Get the facts before you make an assumption. Also practice has just started when he collasped. All the facts are not in yet as to what caused the young person's death.

Bulldog92
09-05-2002, 12:26 PM
My heart goes out to the kid and the family, regardless of why this happened. Everyone knows that heat is always an issue and hopefully all of the coaches are taking measures to protect their players. Is the UIL doing anything like random visits to make sure schools are teaching kids about hydration and providing adequate water breaks, etc?

Olinecoach
09-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey BRF, regardless from what the whole story is, too many kids are going down when they don’t have to. I don’t need to know the story, because I already know from experience that there is a lack of communication between the kids, parents, and coaches. I know that the coaches bust their butts to get the info out, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. My heart goes out to the child’s family too, but something need to come of this quick before people who have NEVER been on the field do something about it.

eye of the tiger
09-05-2002, 02:06 PM
I agree with bulldog. This is sad regardless of the reason. Heat probably was a factor, but there may have been other things there also. But still sad

BigRedfan
09-05-2002, 08:42 PM
What is also sad. This is the second time in the past 2 years something like this has happened in CHAPEL HILL. There is a good story about it in the Tyler Morning Telegraph. web site is tylerpaper.com.

Mister Lucci
09-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Hi...My Cousin is a coiach at chapel hill he siad it couldnt have been from heat because they just got out there. He must have had internal problems but there is not an explanation yet ui dont guess but just because one thing happens like this doesnt mean u have to look dowen on the sport and practice of football. People die everwhere its just a freak accident