PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Texas Law

Txbroadcaster
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
BREAKING NEWS
The House has voted to allow Texans to use deadly force against an intruder or attacker without first trying to retreat. The bill now goes to Gov. Rick Perry. Details to come

JasperDog94
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
BREAKING NEWS
The House has voted to allow Texans to use deadly force against an intruder or attacker without first trying to retreat. The bill now goes to Gov. Rick Perry. Details to come Some people didn't need a law for this to happen...:eek:

Emerson1
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope it passes. I hate the fact that criminals have more rights in these cases then normal people.

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 03:36 PM
There needs to be a law to protect parents that kill someone who has harmed their child!!! :mad: :mad:

piratebg
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
BREAKING NEWS
The House has voted to allow Texans to use deadly force against an intruder or attacker without first trying to retreat. The bill now goes to Gov. Rick Perry. Details to come

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is the way it should be. If anyone tries to get into my house at night, with me and my family home, I guarantee I will drop their ass without even thinking twice. This just makes it easier for me not get in trouble now.

SintonFan
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is the way it should be. If anyone tries to get into my house at night, with me and my family home, I guarantee I will drop their ass without even thinking twice. This just makes it easier for me not get in trouble now.
Another good reason to keep drunk relatives at bay, right?:D
j/k

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
thank God... too many criminals come out on top in these cases...

sinton66
03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
When did it become illegal to do so? That's always been the case in Texas as far as I know. As long as they're INSIDE your house, they're fair game, or at least it used to be that way.

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
When did it become illegal to do so? That's always been the case in Texas as far as I know. As long as they're INSIDE your house, they're fair game, or at least it used to be that way.

that was just common sense... but even jurors in Texas have lost common sense... it's always been up to the jury... now it will be law...

Snyder_TigerFan
03-19-2007, 10:38 PM

That's what I thought too. I'm with piratebg though, if they come in my house, I just hope I can load the shotgun fast enough.

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
That's what I thought too. I'm with piratebg though, if they come in my house, I just hope I can load the shotgun fast enough.

I don't have my shotgun at the house, I just have my 270... my clip is full and in but the chamber is empty...

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I am interested in hearing arguements against this law...

theyoefnshow
03-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I still remember (no lie) when my 7th grade band teacher told us he could legally beat us until we were almost dead if he ever felt threatened or was attacked by us.

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I still remember (no lie) when my 7th grade band teacher told us he could legally beat us until we were almost dead if he ever felt threatened or was attacked by us.

psh

depends... from what I understand, if a 7th grader was 6'1 220 pounds of muscle and could beat the chit out of Tyson, and a band teacher is 5'8, 125 pounds and can hardly lift a pillow, the band teacher could get away with blowing the 7th grader's head off if he were in a "self-defense" situation...

but a 6'3 260 pound 25 year old couldn't get away with blowing off the head of an 80 year old man that is about 5'7 150 hitting him with a cane... that's not self defense... that's just bein' lazy

sinton66
03-19-2007, 10:59 PM
If anyone ever breaks into my house, they are going to be surprized to learn that I have six guns within easy reach from my bed. (and two baseball bats, eight knives, a hammer, and a Milwaukee battery powered circular saw :D ).

Gobbla2001
03-19-2007, 11:03 PM
If anyone ever breaks into my house, they are going to be surprized to learn that I have six guns within easy reach from my bed. (and two baseball bats, eight knives, a hammer, and a Milwaukee battery powered circular saw :D ).

it would be like the pawn shop scene from Pulp Fiction... Bruce Willis' character couldn't decide what to use... finally chose the sword...

sinton66
03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
it would be like the pawn shop scene from Pulp Fiction... Bruce Willis' character couldn't decide what to use... finally chose the sword...

Nope, BIG stuff first, that's my motto. Starts wuith a 12 guage loaded with five 000 magnum buck shot. Then the 270 loaded with five, then the 38 special loaded with five, then the 30-30 lever action loaded with five, then the 22 mag loaded with 15.
That should handle the first 20.(might have to shoot some of them twice, my eyesight ain't what it used to be). Oh yeah, I forgot. They won't see me, because they'll be staring into a 3 million candle power spotlight.:D

fireman1
03-19-2007, 11:32 PM

I know since when was it illegal to shoot someone that was in your house without permission or even in your yard. Wow luckily noone has ran in my house or I wouldnt be here right now

sinton66
03-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
I know since when was it illegal to shoot someone that was in your house without permission or even in your yard. Wow luckily noone has ran in my house or I wouldnt be here right now

At one time, it was if they were climbimg in your window when you shot them, you needed to drag them all the way in. Don't think you could ever get away with it in the yard.

ej2525
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Click, click, click.... reload!!! :D

kaorder1999
03-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
Click, click, click.... reload!!! :D

usually...that click, click makes them leave!

Blastoderm55
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Just make sure you don't shoot someone who actually lives in the house. :eek:

zeus63
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM

A saw next to your bed? Now that is awesome, my wife barely lets me keep one in the garage.

BullFrog Dad
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
If anyone ever breaks into my house, they are going to be surprized to learn that I have six guns within easy reach from my bed. (and two baseball bats, eight knives, a hammer, and a Milwaukee battery powered circular saw :D ). No partridge in a pear tree.