PDA

View Full Version : Do you starch your clothes?

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 01:02 PM
When you/your wife/girlfriend/mom irons your clothes, do you starch them? If so, heavy or light? Is this for every pair of pants or shirt that you iron, or does it depend on what you're ironing?

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
If I am taking the time to iron a particular piece of clothing, it will get starched, just because it is easier to iron after spraying on starch.

I always use the steam feature on the iron too.

Speaking of irons, the best brand is Rowenta. It is like the Chi of hairstraighteners.:)

CHS_CG
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
If I am taking the time to iron a particular piece of clothing, it will get starched, just because it is easier to iron after spraying on starch.

Speaking of irons, the best brand is Rowenta. It is like the Chi of hairstraighteners.:)

i need a chi flat iron so bad i have a conair one and it sucks big time!

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I hate starch. :hairpunk: I hate to iron. :hairpunk:

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

My parents have a Rowenta and I love it. Wish I had one up here in Huntsville, but I'm stuck with a $10 beast from Wally World.

BTW, I always use heavy starch, but I only iron business and dress clothes.

piratebg
03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Only for formal events and church, sometimes.

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i need a chi flat iron so bad i have a conair one and it sucks big time!

Sometimes it is just better to go ahead and spend the extra money for a good brand that will work well.

Like I said, the Rowenta irons, just seem to work easier. I think the weight of them has something to do with it, because they are fairly heavy.

Reds fan
03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
When you/your wife/girlfriend/mom irons your clothes, do you starch them? If so, heavy or light? Is this for every pair of pants or shirt that you iron, or does it depend on what you're ironing?

My wife! Iron clothes for me!!! Doesn't happen...anything with starch comes from the dry cleaners:rolleyes:

neck_06
03-19-2007, 01:28 PM
unless the dryer here at the callaway house does it for you.......nope.

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I will NEVER understand why people iron blue jeans and worse make that stupid ass line down the front of them. :confused: Just baffles me.

Ironing is just a waste of time. The minute you get in the car and put your seat belt on you are screwed. Wrinkles everywhere.

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The minute you get in the car and put your seat belt on you are screwed. Wrinkles everywhere.

The seatbelt really does irritate the crap out of me. I have driven holding the darn thing away from the front of my shirt or even worse (but very rarely) will unbuckle on a short trip. I know, I know, who is going to care if you have a few wrinkles as they are scraping you off the asphalt for not wearing your belt.:nerd:

DU_stud04
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I hate starch. :hairpunk: I hate to iron. :hairpunk: i acctually like ironing.... and i heavy starch, gotta have the creases showing. ;)

big daddy russ
03-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i acctually like ironing.... and i heavy starch, gotta have the creases showing. ;)
Oh yeah. I think it looks sharp when show your creases.

pirate4state
03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i acctually like ironing.... and i heavy starch, gotta have the creases showing. ;)

nerds both of you!! :inlove: LOL

ILS1
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I iron daily. Including my work clothes. Yes, I have creases in my pants as well as my shirts. I've done it since I left the military many years ago. Some habits are hard to break. I work hard all day mostly 12 hr shifts. My clothes still look somewhat ironed after work. My going out clothes I usually take to the cleaners. To quote Billy Crystal as Fernando Lamas "It's better to look good than to feel good"!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

tigerpride_08
03-19-2007, 09:22 PM
personally i like the natural wrinkly look...:D

Bull19
03-19-2007, 09:58 PM
I STARCH MY 20X SHIRTS AND MAYBE MY GEORGE STRAIT SIGNITURE WRANGLER JEANS WHEN I GO OUT;)

sinton66
03-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Why would anyone starch Depends???

big daddy russ
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Why would anyone starch Depends???
Nights out in the old folks' home.